Gray Maynard needs to be tested AGAIN!!!!!!

chavarria

After his his controversial win against Nate Diaz to which I think could have been a draw, I think before Gray gets a crack at BJ he needs to be tested against the fighters BJ has already defeat and broken.

1. Kenny Florian-Ken-Flo already has shown us numerous times that he is a real threat to anyone and finishes his fights at least 95% of the time. He totally destroyed Clay Guida a feat that many in the UFC haven't done. Instead of putting Kenny vs Gomi they should put him infront of Gray instead.

2. Sean Sherk-Even though lately Sherk hasn't been as dominant as he once was but the reason for that is because he's been turning all his fights into boxing matches and not MMA. It has been a while since we have seen him utilize his wrestling where he dominates most of his opponents. Now granted Gray is a great wrestler as well but I think Sherk has the edge in that department. If it ends up in a stand up fight this can be a slugfest since they both swing fast and hard.

Diego Sanchez-Diego showed that he has a lot heart and can take damage in a fight when he got outclassed by BJ Penn. Diego is in you face and is never a bore where Gray tends to be. Diego isn't a slouch on the ground either and he utilizes more techniques in his arsenal like head kicks where Gray doesn't. This fight could end up in a split decision but only if Gray takes Diego down to where he really doesn't do much damage.

After his his controversial win against Nate Diaz to which I think could have been a draw' date=' I think before Gray gets a crack at BJ he needs to be tested against the fighters BJ has already defeat and broken.

1. Kenny Florian-Ken-Flo already has shown us numerous times that he is a real threat to anyone and finishes his fights at least 95% of the time. He totally destroyed Clay Guida a feat that many in the UFC haven't done. Instead of putting Kenny vs Gomi they should put him infront of Gray instead.

2. Sean Sherk-Even though lately Sherk hasn't been as dominant as he once was but the reason for that is because he's been turning all his fights into boxing matches and not MMA. It has been a while since we have seen him utilize his wrestling where he dominates most of his opponents. Now granted Gray is a great wrestler as well but I think Sherk has the edge in that department. If it ends up in a stand up fight this can be a slugfest since they both swing fast and hard.

Diego Sanchez-Diego showed that he has a lot heart and can take damage in a fight when he got outclassed by BJ Penn. Diego is in you face and is never a bore where Gray tends to be. Diego isn't a slouch on the ground either and he utilizes more techniques in his arsenal like head kicks where Gray doesn't. This fight could end up in a split decision but only if Gray takes Diego down to where he really doesn't do much damage.[/quote']

Sherk needs a good win before he gets a fight with Grey,as stated it looks like Kenny and Gomi so Diego does make the msot sense.

well it seems like this will be the case since BJ posted a video on his site saying that he was told he will be facing edgar next. I know he had a much more impressive victory in his last fight but that has to suck for maynard considering he beat edgar not too long ago

I would like to see the Maynard v Sanchez fight over any of those. Let Sherk fight Guida (IM SIKED) and let Kenny show that he is the real #1 contender until he loses again (wich wont be to Gomi). Thats just me. Maynard hasnt fought the best at 155 yet. Other than Edgar whom he beat ny the way...

I forgot about Tyson Griffin... Why not a fight with the improving Griffin? That would be wicked.

really who cares who it is? bj is head and shoulders above everyone in the division, he could probably fight any two of these guys at once and have a chance, so let all the 155ers fight each other and see who can look good enough to have a fight with him and sell some tickets and take their 1-25 minute **** kicking(to be determined by bjs mood that day) and big check

I would like to see the Maynard v Sanchez fight over any of those. Let Sherk fight Guida (IM SIKED) and let Kenny show that he is the real #1 contender until he loses again (wich wont be to Gomi). Thats just me. Maynard hasnt fought the best at 155 yet. Other than Edgar whom he beat ny the way...

I forgot about Tyson Griffin... Why not a fight with the improving Griffin? That would be wicked.

if your suggesting Maynard vs Griffin that won't happen, both training at Xtreme Couture (Fashion)

At this time none of them is in position of defeating BJ. I know BJ wants to be top MMA fighter ever, but easy victories over fighters who havent got any real chance is pretty stupid. BJ sells tickets and people want to see him fight but he should be at least fighting someone from WW as LW has nothing to offer to him.

At this time none of them is in position of defeating BJ. I know BJ wants to be top MMA fighter ever' date=' but easy victories over fighters who havent got any real chance is pretty stupid. BJ sells tickets and people want to see him fight but he should be at least fighting someone from WW as LW has nothing to offer to him.[/quote']

Fighting above your natural weight class IS RETARDED. You put yourself at a clear disadvantage which you can only overcome with skill. The problem is eventually you come across someone just as skilled as yourself who has a size advantage over you as well.

Criticizing Bj for staying at lw is the same as calling Gsp a ***** for not fighting Anderson.

Archived