Bisping on Silva: "I'm way better than him"

The_Power

Michael Bisping blogs on The Daily Telegraph about his UFC 110 opponent, Wanderlei Silva:

"

I believe it's a very winnable fight for me, though. I know Wanderlei's a legend but I truly believe styles make fights and that I've got the perfect style to beat him. Obviously I'm going to have to be wary of his aggressive style and his punch power, but I'm very confident of going to Australia and beating Wanderlei. He's experienced and possesses heavy hands but, on the other hand, I feel I'm way better than him. I know I have the ability to beat him " it's now just about executing my game plan on that night?"

This is going to cause the Bisping hate to fire up again, but when you look at the quote in context, he's actually quite respectful towards Silva. How many fighters are going to say, "Well, he's better than me, so I may as not well bother." I actually think this is a bigger fight for him than Hendo, as a loss to Wandy, who has not hit his Pride form in he UFC, will put him so far down the ladder, he may struggle to climb back up.

Meh, that's not that bad. He was quite respectful of Wandy in that article. Of course he's going to say he can beat him. What kind of fighter goes into a fight thinking "Oh well I have no chance to beat this guy, I am just here to give him another win." He has to think he can beat him, or else he already lost.

But yea, Wandy is going to murder him.

Michael Bisping blogs on The Daily Telegraph about his UFC 110 opponent' date=' Wanderlei Silva:

"[/quote']

Silva is in the same boat as Liddell but Bisbing ain't gonna beat either one. I do believe Bisbing won the fight with Rashad though. Rashad won't beat anymore top contendors but I believe Bisbing would beat him decisively this time.

Silva is in the same boat as Liddell but Bisbing ain't gonna beat either one. I do believe Bisbing won the fight with Rashad though. Rashad won't beat anymore top contendors but I believe Bisbing would beat him decisively this time.

If Bisping ever moved back up to LHW he would never get the chance to fight Rashad because he would have to get through a pissed off Matt Hamill.

This is a very winnable fight for Bisping.

He's faster than Rich Franklin, and if he can utilize the stick-and-move that he used against Leben, he should be alright. Also, Bisping has a very underrated ground game. I wouldn't be surprised if that's he gameplan in this fight. Take Wandy down, and pound him out.

That being said, I think Rich Franklin can take a better punch than Bisping can. Bisping wil have to avoid the power of Wandy for 15 minutes if he's going to win this one by decision.

Bisping running his big mouth again. You would figure after Hendo set him straight he would stop that. Nothing worse than a big mouth who does not back it up.

Don't really see it as running his mouth, he says he has great respect for Silva, but feels he is better. Show me a fighter who prepares for a fight against one of the sports greats by saying "He's so much better than me"

Bisping running his big mouth again. You would figure after Hendo set him straight he would stop that. Nothing worse than a big mouth who does not back it up.

I don't like Bisping, but common guys, a fighter has to have confidence in himself. Maybe he should have left the "way better" out, but give the dude a break. He was pretty respectable in the whole interview. If a fighter didn't think they were better than every opponent they faught then they wouldn't even be in the sport.

Everyone needs to get over the fact that fighters are ****y. Way of the sport fellas. At least he expressed it in a respectful way this time around. More than i can say for some like Kos and often Mir and several others...

Don't really see it as running his mouth' date=' he says he has great respect for Silva, but feels he is better. Show me a fighter who prepares for a fight against one of the sports greats by saying "He's so much better than me"[/quote']

You don't have to say "He's so much better" BUT you can have class and be professional about it.

You ever notice Anderson Silva or GSP have class and don't trash talk. They are the 2 best most dominate Champions in the UFC, and don't have to talk to convince themselves they are. One of the reasons they are miles above everyone else in the UFC!

Also, thats why GSP is the first MMA fighter in the history of the sport to land HUGE corporate sponsors like Gatorade! Big step forward for MMA thanks to GSP. Its all because the guy is a class professional, and p4p #1or2 (Silva/GSP) He makes the sport looks good!

You don't have to say "He's so much better" BUT you can have class and be professional about it.

You ever notice Anderson Silva or GSP have class and don't trash talk. They are the 2 best most dominate Champions in the UFC' date=' and don't have to talk to convince themselves they are. One of the reasons they are miles above everyone else in the UFC!

Also, thats why GSP is the first MMA fighter in the history of the sport to land HUGE corporate sponsors like Gatorade! Big step forward for MMA thanks to GSP. Its all because the guy is a class player! He makes the sport looks good![/quote']

now if only he'd stop being so terrified of getting KO'd and give us an entertaining fight lol

just my opinion on that, i know others disagree and thats cool. i respect a good ground game, but holy sh!t, at least go for a sub or something while you're down there...

now if only he'd stop being so terrified of getting KO'd and give us an entertaining fight lol

just my opinion on that' date=' i know others disagree and thats cool. i respect a good ground game, but holy sh!t, at least go for a sub or something while you're down there...[/quote']

Dude, NO ONE wants to get KO'd! LOL

Thats does not mean that you go into a fight foolishly, and close your eyes and swing till someone goes down! These athletes are highly trained and smarter than that.

GSP is the best wrestler in MMA. Why would he not use it? He still stands and has dominated everyone he has fought in the stand up! Penn, Alves, Fitch, Kos...

Dude' date=' NO ONE wants to get KO'd! LOL

Thats does not mean that you go into a fight foolishly, and close your eyes and swing till someone goes down! These athletes are highly trained and smarter than that.

GSP is the best wrestler in MMA. Why would he not use it? He still stands and has dominated everyone he has fought in the stand up! Penn, Alves, Fitch, Kos...[/quote']

LIke i said, its just opinion. I agree, if I was the best wrestler in MMA I would absolutely use it the same way he does. This is just me being selfish, cuz I know that he's no slouch on the feet, and it used to be fun to watch him cuz his striking was so varied and creative, I just personally find him boring.

And no, not everyone is scared of getting KO'd. No one likes it, no one wants it to happen, but not everyone is scared of it. I think deep down, judging by the way he fights, when GSP has the thought of getting hit hard in the head, he sh!ts himself a little...

LIke i said' date=' its just opinion. I agree, if I was the best wrestler in MMA I would absolutely use it the same way he does. This is just me being selfish, cuz I know that he's no slouch on the feet, and it used to be fun to watch him cuz his striking was so varied and creative, I just personally find him boring.

And no, not everyone is scared of getting KO'd. No one likes it, no one wants it to happen, but not everyone is scared of it. I think deep down, judging by the way he fights, when GSP has the thought of getting hit hard in the head, he sh!ts himself a little...[/quote']

I call that being smart.

I call that being smart.

Stop arguing with me! I've been agreeing with you!

Like I said, if I was the best wrestler in my division I would use the hell out of it too. I just personally would like to see him revert back to his old style cuz I found it entertaining. Yes, his current style is smarter and safer and very effective and will continue winning fights, but I personally think it's also dull as hell.

'He's experienced and possesses heavy hands but, on the other hand, I feel I'm way better than him.'

Is not what he said, this is:

"He's experienced and possesses heavy hands but, other than [that], I feel I'm way better than him."

He was saying that he believes Wandy has a better striking game but he is better in other aspects - what they are he hasn't said but imo conditioning is one of Bispings advantages.

Don't take all these 'quotes' as read, some are trolled well before they get to these forums.

Some of you people are too quick to join the hate brigade without finding out whether what has been quoted is correct, or used in the correct context.

If Bisping ever moved back up to LHW he would never get the chance to fight Rashad because he would have to get through a pissed off Matt Hamill.

Haha, that would actually be a great rematch.

Bisping may be a little overconfident going into this fight, could end up costing him.

'He's experienced and possesses heavy hands but' date=' [b']on the other hand[/b], I feel I'm way better than him.'

Is not what he said, this is:

"He's experienced and possesses heavy hands but, other than [that], I feel I'm way better than him."

He was saying that he believes Wandy has a better striking game but he is better in other aspects - what they are he hasn't said but imo conditioning is one of Bispings advantages.

Don't take all these 'quotes' as read, some are trolled well before they get to these forums.

Some of you people are too quick to join the hate brigade without finding out whether what has been quoted is correct, or used in the correct context.

+1 Bisping has a hater target on his back now. granted, he did the work to put it there, but he hasn't been hearly the **** he was before the henderson fight. i'm still not a fan, but i really think he's figured out their is a difference between confidence and arrogance.

I'd say his statement was pretty mild for bisping. I think this fight could be close but bispings glass jaw could be the determining factor

I'm not sure Bisping has a glass jaw. Most people would have gone out to Hendo's right hand and Kang put him down with a shot to the temple. However, Wandy has KO power, so unless Bisping implements his stick and move strategy, and drops any notion he may have of being the aggressor then he has a chance.

Bisping can win, but only by decision IMO.

+1 Bisping has a hater target on his back now. granted' date=' he did the work to put it there, but he hasn't been hearly the **** he was before the henderson fight. i'm still not a fan, but i really think he's figured out their is a difference between confidence and arrogance.[/quote']

hes not smart enough to made the distinction between the two

I think the easy way to predict the winner of this fight is to compare Bisping to Franklin.

We know Bisping can be knocked out, we know Wanderlei has to power to knock people out.

Bisping likes to back away, Wanderlei likes to follow.

Will Bisping be aggressive with Wanderlei like Franklin or try to counter strike and follow the same route around the octagon?

I think the easy way to predict the winner of this fight is to compare Bisping to Franklin.

We know Bisping can be knocked out' date=' we know Wanderlei has to power to knock people out.

Bisping likes to back away, Wanderlei likes to follow.

Will Bisping be aggressive with Wanderlei like Franklin or try to counter strike and follow the same route around the octagon?[/quote']

Wanderlei has decent hand speed all he has to do is time him from a legkick, exchange or do like Dan and catch him the way he circles. Bisping has a small chance but if Wanderlei gets a hold of him its over

Archived