Dan Hardy: "I know GSP gameplan, there will be no surprises"

The_Power

?A lot of the guys in the Rough House are predominantly one thing or another, so I will be using the help of a few US guys in the last few weeks of training camp. I?m working on transitioning quickly, and I?ll be getting the help of a few UFC veterans for this fight.? That will include assistance from Mac Danzig and George Sotiropolous."

Oh Danny boy, Mac Danzig and George Sotiropolous? Seriously? You're in bigger trouble than I thought :(

Oh Danny boy' date=' [i']Mac Danzig[/i] and George Sotiropolous? Seriously? You're in bigger trouble than I thought :(

Yeah, I noticed that too. Mac Danzig and George Sotiropolous are your UFC veterans? Both of them are a loss or two away from being dropped by the UFC.

Yeah' date=' I noticed that too. Mac Danzig and George Sotiropolous are your UFC veterans? Both of them are a loss or two away from being dropped by the UFC.[/quote']

Mac Danzig obviously cause he lost his last 3 fights but Sotiropolous is 4-0 in the UFC. He still has potential.

Heh yea I think anyone and everyone knows the gameplan. That doesnt give you the ability to do anything about it. The only thing I would suggest is go for a haymaker at the beginning of the round cause your gonna be on your back the rest of the time' date=' hes not the guy to stifle GSP unless GSP has the most off day ever.[/quote']

+1

I'm going for GSP but man am I going to lol hard if he gets KO'd again and everyone jumps on the Hardy bandwagon.

Already there m8 :) lol I think it's pretty unfair that every1 has completly written hardy off, hes a gr8 fighter and (although i like GSP, how can u not!) i hope that dan can KO him. He's alot better then alot of people give him credit 4. Btw what hes saying is just tht GSP cant do nythin thts gnna shock him whereas dan mayb able 2 do certain things GSP may not be expectin, nt tht hes gna get thrown around blah blah blah

Already there m8 :) lol I think it's pretty unfair that every1 has completly written hardy off' date=' hes a gr8 fighter and (although i like GSP, how can u not!) i hope that dan can KO him. He's alot better then alot of people give him credit 4. Btw what hes saying is just tht GSP cant do nythin thts gnna shock him whereas dan mayb able 2 do certain things GSP may not be expectin, nt tht hes gna get thrown around blah blah blah[/quote']

Hardy might be a good striker but hes not good enough to be a better striker then GSP...just because GSP likes the GnP does not me he cannot stand and bag... Hardy is more of a long shot in this fight then Serra was IMO

Danzig maybe...but you are wrong on george...he has been fighting well

Yeah, George does have some potential. It just seems like Hardy should be finding someone with more experience than him to learn from rather than another current fighter that hasn't even reached Hardy's level of success in the UFC. I don't really consider him a UFC veteran though, despite having a few fights under his belt.

Translation = "I know I'm going to tossed around and pounded like a roofied prom date and there's not much I can do about it."

Exactly...Alves knew what was going to happen too....a lot of good it did him...and I'd say he's twice the fighter Hardy is.

Already there m8 :) lol I think it's pretty unfair that every1 has completly written hardy off' date=' hes a gr8 fighter and (although i like GSP, how can u not!) i hope that dan can KO him. He's alot better then alot of people give him credit 4. Btw what hes saying is just tht GSP cant do nythin thts gnna shock him whereas dan mayb able 2 do certain things GSP may not be expectin, nt tht hes gna get thrown around blah blah blah[/quote']

I think you are throwing the word "gr8" around a little loosely there my friend :)

Apart from clipping his chin!! once!!!

Well i have a feeling that this is going to be over fast because Hardy is going to land a big shot on GSP's chin!!

GSP has one TKO knockout in 21 professional fights in a stacked division yet dipshxt know-nothing wannabe mma fans still make the ridiculous claim that he had a glass jaw or suspect chin. He got caught by big haymaker and went down, it can happen to any fighter and it happened to GSP one time in his entire career.

The level stupidity on this forum is amazing.

GSP has one TKO knockout in 21 professional fights in a stacked division yet dipshxt know-nothing wannabe mma fans still make the ridiculous claim that he had a glass jaw or suspect chin. He got caught by big haymaker and went down' date=' it can happen to any fighter and it happened to GSP one time in his entire career.

The level stupidity on this forum is amazing.[/quote']

Man I hate agreeing with you...

I will stick to one thing though. That fight with Serra is just as much a factor as his wrestling being excellent for him to continue to refuse to stand up with anyone. I don't think he has a glass jaw, and before that fight he showed very diverse and effective striking, but since then he has shown NO desire to risk getting in an exchange with someone. Very smart, and in my opinion, very dull game plan, but I can't say I don't understand.

Sometimes I wish the KO from Serra never happened, because I think GSP would still be as dominant, but would be much more entertaining.

GSP has one TKO knockout in 21 professional fights in a stacked division yet dipshxt know-nothing wannabe mma fans still make the ridiculous claim that he had a glass jaw or suspect chin. He got caught by big haymaker and went down' date=' it can happen to any fighter and it happened to GSP one time in his entire career.

The level stupidity on this forum is amazing.[/quote']

And even in the Serra fight he got hit with 3-4 power shots before he went down and Serra swarmed him and finished it.

I will stick to one thing though. That fight with Serra is just as much a factor as his wrestling being excellent for him to continue to refuse to stand up with anyone. I don't think he has a glass jaw, and before that fight he showed very diverse and effective striking, but since then he has shown NO desire to risk getting in an exchange with someone. Very smart, and in my opinion, very dull game plan, but I can't say I don't understand.

Go watch the Thiago Alves fight again. While he did take Alves down at will he also dropped him twice with strikes in that fight. GSP has better striking that people give him credit for.

And even in the Serra fight he got hit with 3-4 power shots before he went down and Serra swarmed him and finished it.

Go watch the Thiago Alves fight again. While he did take Alves down at will he also dropped him twice with strikes in that fight. GSP has better striking that people give him credit for.

I agree, which is exactly why I'd like to see him use it a little more. I know winning is the primary goal, and being entertaining doesn't necessarily win you titles. But he can hang with people on the feet with ease. I really just don't think he has any faith in his chin. I'm not saying he has a glass chin, but I think he has enough doubt in it now that he doesn't want to test it.

Dan Hardy: "I know GSP gameplan' date=' there will be no surprises"

With that phrase, he already accepts that GSP will dominate and win. lol

Seriously, I like both fighters... and I hope he does surprise us with a good exciting fight, win or lose.

Yeah, SURPRISE! GSP is going to KO Hardy. re:. GSP/Hughes 2 ;)

Archived