if...Mir v Fedor...

scobe

i know fedor is ranked no.1 heavyweight and has been for many years

and i know most people want to see how brock would fare up against fedor

but...

i think Mir would make it a better style of matchup:

Mir has great technique in his striking and possibly is the best heavyweight submissionist out there {fedor is quality too). and now Mir fights at 265 he has a significant weight advantage also

i know im new to these forums but wat yis all think?

I honestly think Mir would beat Fedor.... the last time Fedor fought a complete fighter was Nog half a decade ago, and hes not been remotely challenged since then, yet hes struggled in a few fights with people who are technically superior. Go watch the Lindlin v Fedor fight.. Lindlin was mand handling fedor until fedor cheated to stop a takedown, that a 185 pounder working a 230ish fighter.

the mystique of Fedor is just that a mystique he could never finish Nog yet Mir did it with ease... Fedor will never again fight a top HW... i honeslty do not know how you keep the umber 1 spot when you never fight anyone even in the top 10

I've never seen Fedor fight and until I see a few of his matches I don't have an opinion about him one way or another. On the other hand I really, really like Frank Mir. And now that he has put on more muscle it will help him to stand with other fighters instead of his advantage mainly being on the ground.

I honestly think Mir would beat Fedor.... the last time Fedor fought a complete fighter was Nog half a decade ago' date=' and hes not been remotely challenged since then, yet hes struggled in a few fights with people who are technically superior. Go watch the Lindlin v Fedor fight.. Lindlin was mand handling fedor until fedor cheated to stop a takedown, that a 185 pounder working a 230ish fighter.

the mystique of Fedor is just that a mystique he could never finish Nog yet Mir did it with ease... Fedor will never again fight a top HW... i honeslty do not know how you keep the umber 1 spot when you never fight anyone even in the top 10[/quote']

Manhandling? Seriously? The only thing he did was open up a cut(anyone can do this) and clinch. Then Fedor reversed his takedown(ropes blablablabla) and got the mount then armbarred him. Is that what you call manhandling? And Lindland was at HW for this fight since he weighted in at 212 pounds.

And as far as the Nog comment, I am not even going to comment since it's so idiotic.

I honestly think Mir would beat Fedor.... the last time Fedor fought a complete fighter was Nog half a decade ago' date=' and hes not been remotely challenged since then, yet hes struggled in a few fights with people who are technically superior. Go watch the Lindlin v Fedor fight.. Lindlin was mand handling fedor until fedor cheated to stop a takedown, that a 185 pounder working a 230ish fighter.

the mystique of Fedor is just that a mystique he could never finish Nog yet Mir did it with ease... Fedor will never again fight a top HW... i honeslty do not know how you keep the umber 1 spot when you never fight anyone even in the top 10[/quote']

if nog was healthy mir wouldnt have finished him. ithink mir has a goog chance to beat fedor but i wouldnt count fedor out. i would root 4 fedor because its awesome to see a 230 pound fat sloppy russian beat a very good fighter in frank mir

Manhandling? Seriously? The only thing he did was open up a cut(anyone can do this) and clinch. Then Fedor reversed his takedown(ropes blablablabla) and got the mount then armbarred him. Is that what you call manhandling? And Lindland was at HW for this fight since he weighted in at 212 pounds.

And as far as the Nog comment' date=' I am not even going to comment since it's so idiotic.[/quote']

yeah and it was anyone else grabing the ropes the way fedor did the fight would of been restarted... Fedor was losing that fight... but your a blind fool that thinks Fedor is much better then he really is

This would be a good fight, I can't help but complain about Fedor not fighting in the UFC but it is what it is. I honestly believe Mir could win the fight but it wouldn't be easy and that goes the same for Fedor. I love Fedor but I think he needs to fight better competition. Big Tim, Arloski and Rogers are nothing to brag about but at the same time 2 of those 3 names were UFC Champs at one time...I would give Mir the edge only because he has had some big wins, against tougher opponents as of late, but I would slightly discredit his win against BIG NOG because NOG really did look sick. His body just looked deflated and soft...a rematch would be a completely different fight.

Anyways, I would pick Mir to win.

yeah and it was anyone else grabing the ropes the way fedor did the fight would of been restarted... Fedor was losing that fight... but your a blind fool that thinks Fedor is much better then he really is

They were 1 minute into the fight and you're acting like a takedown would have ended it. Maybe you're a Lindland fan and I understand why you would be mad, but as history shows us, taking down Fedor can be worse than standing with him.

How the hell do these threads keep poping up' date=' I get so pissed off with the noobs of MMA, they see Mir get a win over lame **** Kongo and think HOLY S*** FEDOR WOULD GET OWNED, no....no he would not, he has never been owned actually, ever.[/quote']the look on his face after he lost says otherwise

4m049dz.gif

Fedor tears

A blind fool? Why? Because I can see that Fedor has the best skills out of any HW? Because I realize the man has fought the best HW in the world?

And who did Frank beat? A bunch of cans, a rookie and a good fighter that was sick. While at the same time losing to 2 cans, and one LHW and a guy who has a total of 5 fights. God damn it that man is good right?

You meen by an illegal elbow? Yeah ok well fedor will kick Mir in the nuts' date=' but it's still a lose if Mir goes down if we play by those rules.[/quote']

he headbutted the guys elbow... have you ever even seen the fight or herd what people say about it? Fedor took himself out of that fight, so yes he lost the fight

Are you retarded? he threw the elbow and fedor was ducking a little, he didn't headbutt the guys elbow that would be hilarious and stupid, but I know there is no point in arguing with Fedor haters, it's like talking to a wall, there no way Frank would have a chance against fedor, WES SIMS BEAT HIM.

i know fedor is ranked no.1 heavyweight and has been for many years

and i know most people want to see how brock would fare up against fedor

but...

i think Mir would make it a better style of matchup:

Mir has great technique in his striking and possibly is the best heavyweight submissionist out there {fedor is quality too). and now Mir fights at 265 he has a significant weight advantage also

i know im new to these forums but wat yis all think?

Whether he is 240 or 265, the weight increase wil not save him from be knocked out. It is crazy that Mir puts on weight and tries to blame the weight difference on him getting beat down by Brock. He has a little while to do this considering Brock is not fighting right now, but when Brock comes back at 100% it will be worse than the last fight for Mir.

MIR has a win over lesnar its funny how everyone forgets that and is the only person to stop NOG which fedor didnt he is the one true king of heavyweight MMA there is no denying it.

did FEDOR stop NOG =no

did MIR stop NOG =yes

has FEDOR beaten BROCK=no

has MIR beaten BROCK = yes

job done.FRANK MIR #1

MIR has a win over lesnar its funny how everyone forgets that and is the stopped NOG which fedor didnt he is the one true king of heavyweight MMA there is no denying it.

did FEDOR stop NOG =no

did MIR stop NOG =yes

job done.FRANK MIR #1

I lol'ed

How the hell do these threads keep poping up' date=' I get so pissed off with the noobs of MMA, they see Mir get a win over lame **** Kongo and think HOLY S*** FEDOR WOULD GET OWNED, no....no he would not, he has never been owned actually, ever.[/quote']

in all fairness he got his face mashed in by rogers until (like great fighters do) knocked rogers out with a great hook

MIR has a win over lesnar its funny how everyone forgets that and is the stopped NOG which fedor didnt he is the one true king of heavyweight MMA there is no denying it.

did FEDOR stop NOG =no

did MIR stop NOG =yes

job done.FRANK MIR #1

fedor beat nog twice.

mir beat a weak nog

did fedor beat brock? no. did brock beat fedor? no

did mir beat brock? yes. did brock beat mir? worse than mir beat him.

math doesn't work.

Whether he is 240 or 265' date=' the weight increase wil not save him from be knocked out. It is crazy that Mir puts on weight and tries to blame the weight difference on him getting beat down by Brock. He has a little while to do this considering Brock is not fighting right now, but when Brock comes back at 100% it will be worse than the last fight for Mir.[/quote']

i agree with you, i was hoping brock wud knock Mir out at ufc100. I'd be a brock fan over a mir fan

but i do tink he does have a great skillset and i dont tink fedor could manhandle mir like lesnar has done on 2 occasions

fedor beat nog twice.

mir beat a weak nog

did fedor beat brock? no. did brock beat fedor? no

did mir beat brock? yes. did brock beat mir? worse than mir beat him.

math doesn't work.

is BROCK the heavyweight champ of the most recognised MMA org and has MIR beat him =yes

do you have medical confirmation that NOG was in any better shape for his fight's with FEDOR=no

did FEDOR stop NOG= no not on either occasion

did MIR knock his **** around the ring and then stop him(NOG) =yes

its about how you understand the math

I don't think that Mir would beat Fedor' date=' quite the opposite, I think that Frank would get knocked out by Fedor, I just that it would be quite an interesting fight.[/quote']Mir has never been KOed.. hes been stopped but hes never been out... i love how people think a stoppage is a KO... it shows the ignorance of the people on this forum

is BROCK the heavyweight champ of the most recognised MMA org and has MIR beat him =yes

do you have medical confirmation that NOG was in any better shape for his fight's with FEDOR=no

did FEDOR stop NOG= no not on either occasion

did MIR knock his **** around the ring and then stop him(NOG) =yes

its about how you understand the math

well brock does have the belt. and by beat do you mean 'win the match'? cause yes mir won. did brock literally beat mir? very much so. he beat the crap out of him.

im no doctor but i can say Nog, while maybe not possessing the same skills he does today when he fought Fedor, was in better health than when he fought Mir. I don't recall him being sick with staph when he fought fedor.

its one thing to understand the math (which still doesn't always work) but all your doing is whatever you can to shine light on how much you are in love with frank mir.

aethleferth: mir beat brock in his 2nd match ever! mir was getting destroyed until a rabbit punch, which if u ask me was a cheap stop by mazzagatti. mir has in the past gotten owned by brandon vera too, who is very very small. So to you and Frank mir i dont think size is going to help much

Fedor is a legend and the best heavyweight in the history of the sport but he hasn't fought anyone top 10 since Cro cop in 2005. Alot has changed in mma in 5 years and Fedor can't be considered the #1 as he hasn't faced top competition in a long time.

This man knows how to logically construct an argument. I'm a ginormous Fedor fanboy and I agree with you. He really hasn't beaten anyone worth talking about in the last couple of years, but I don't think he's lost his swagger. He ALWAYS finds a way to win.

MIR has a win over lesnar its funny how everyone forgets that and is the only person to stop NOG which fedor didnt he is the one true king of heavyweight MMA there is no denying it.

did FEDOR stop NOG =no

did MIR stop NOG =yes

job done.FRANK MIR #1

Oh please don't use MMA Math to prove this point. Especially using it with fighters that haven't faced each other. By your idea

Did Marcio Cruz beat Mir = Yes

Did Fedor Beat Marcio Cruz = NO

Did Brock defeat Marcio Cruz = NO

Did Brock defeat MIR = Yes

Marcio Cruz = #1

See how stupid that is? You could do that with any fighter. The fact of the matter is, Fedor will be #1 until someone beats him. If you want to be #1 go to him and fight him. Champs don't chase fights, contenders chase fights.

Oh please don't use MMA Math to prove this point. Especially using it with fighters that haven't faced each other. By your idea

Did Marcio Cruz beat Mir = Yes

Did Fedor Beat Marcio Cruz = NO

Did Brock defeat Marcio Cruz = NO

Did Brock defeat MIR = Yes

Marcio Cruz = #1

See how stupid that is? You could do that with any fighter. The fact of the matter is' date=' Fedor will be #1 until someone beats him. If you want to be #1 go to him and fight him. Champs don't chase fights, contenders chase fights.[/quote']

Don't even try to argue with him. He's stupid.

Fedor is number one. So why don't he step up to the plate and prove it. He should want to prove to everyone that he is the best no questions asked. Isn't having everyone consider you the best better then having some people think your the best? If he truly is the best he needs to man up and fight the best.

Fedor is 33-1, frank mir is 13-4 with losses to **** guys (other than brock) and ufc butt ****ers (not that i dislike the ufc i have respect for any mma organisation and fighters) always reference that he beat nog and fedor couldnt finish him DUDE nog is past his time and when he fought fedor hes was at the top of his game, if frank mir fought nog back then he would get destroyed, and as for frank vs fedor it would be a typical fedor fight.... ****y yank vs the calm russian....... you make up the rest

Mir has never been KOed.. hes been stopped but hes never been out... i love how people think a stoppage is a KO... it shows the ignorance of the people on this forum

Your an idiot, he never mentioned anything about Frank Mir never being knocked out or that he has only been stopped, he only mentioned Fedor could do it, which if they did fight would be highly possible.

well brock does have the belt. and by beat do you mean 'win the match'? cause yes mir won. did brock literally beat mir? very much so. he beat the crap out of him.

im no doctor but i can say Nog' date=' while maybe not possessing the same skills he does today when he fought Fedor, was in better health than when he fought Mir. I don't recall him being sick with staph when he fought fedor.

its one thing to understand the math (which still doesn't always work) but all your doing is whatever you can to shine light on how much you are in love with frank mir.[/quote']

and of course you are in no way in love with FEDOR............oh yes you are you jump all over anyone who ever dares to suggest anything bad about him its a touch gay,you should be more like FAST he doesnt take it as seriously,i dont love MIR i think he is a good fighter but a bit of a **** when it comes to personality, i just dont like FEDOR fanboys like you who blindly (in spite of the evidence)claim fedor has never lost which he has and go on and on about how unbeatable he is,well maybe he was once but i think all you boys will be crying soon,now go back and get on your knees in front of your giant FEDOR poster.

Why Cant everyone just get over the fact Fedor has lost before, will lose agian, Is cuurently the best in the world and does not need to prove it by fighting anyone. If you want to be the best you fight fedor... And even if you beat Fedor does that make you number 1 NO. Does it leave Fedor in the #1 spot, more than likly yeah. Mir was dominated by both a young fat brandon Vera and an albino gurilla named brick lestard... PEOPLE WHO LOSE TO BRANDON VERA ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL AS FEDOR. And yes whoever was saying Mir doesnt get KO'd is right, he gets GNP'd untill he covers his face and crys like a little girl and the ref jups in to save him. I hate to disagree with you man but aethlefirth Mir was not only beaten but got annihilated by brandon vera.

So why cant we all just agree fedor is the best HW...? I mean who has a record that is comparable with half the non-can names in it as Fedor's? nothing comes to my mind, one who does has losses to guys like Brandon Vera.

Why Cant everyone just get over the fact Fedor has lost before' date=' will lose agian, Is cuurently the best in the world and does not need to prove it by fighting anyone. If you want to be the best you fight fedor... And even if you beat Fedor does that make you number 1 NO. Does it leave Fedor in the #1 spot, more than likly yeah. Mir was dominated by both a young fat brandon Vera and an albino gurilla named brick lestard... PEOPLE WHO LOSE TO BRANDON VERA ARE NOT ON THE SAME LEVEL AS FEDOR. And yes whoever was saying Mir doesnt get KO'd is right, he gets GNP'd untill he covers his face and crys like a little girl and the ref jups in to save him. I hate to disagree with you man but aethlefirth Mir was not only beaten but got annihilated by brandon vera.

So why cant we all just agree fedor is the best HW...? I mean who has a record that is comparable with half the non-can names in it as Fedor's? nothing comes to my mind, one who does has losses to guys like Brandon Vera.[/quote']

i know cryptic but its just so funny to watch the FEDORHUGGERS proclaim his godlyness and go on and on and on its just fun to watch em rise up in anger and plus the fact that everyone hates MIR (not me) it just riles em up some more.

to be fair i shouldnt do it as these people obviously need help saying things like FEDOR has never lost when well he has its on his record and everything.

i shouldnt poke fun at people with obvious mental problems but i cant help myself......

FEDOR IS CRAP AND FIGHTS CANS.....MIR IS NO.1

DISCLAIMER i actually know FEDOR is the best heavyweight in MMA to date his dominance in the past has left that unquestioned but its just so funny that people think he is unbeatable and god like he lost once get over it, it doesnt change anything anyway.

Archived