Dan Hardy is a serious threat. GSP not sleeping on Hardy's chances

The_Power

One of GSP's trainers Greg Jackson talks to Sherdog.com about GSP's next match up with Dan Hardy:

"He has a lot of skills. He's got really good power. The problem with guys like Dan Hardy is that he's young, he's hungry, he's got very good skills and if he catches you the wrong way, you zig when you should have zagged and that might be it. Remember that Matt Serra was never considered a real threat to Georges. Everyone was laughing it off, then all of a sudden Georges was in a lot of trouble. So if you go into any fight thinking this guy is going to be easy, this guy is going to be a walkover, this isn't a legitimate threat, it puts you in a place mentally where you aren't going to train as hard, you're not going to be as hungry and Hardy is a legitimate serious threat and needs to be treated as such."

read full article at sherdog

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Trainer-St-Pierre-Not-Sleeping-on-Hardy-21926

Your Thoughts?

I think GSP learned his lesson with Serra. Not to look past fighters or take anything for granted.

Everyone said the same thing about the Thiago Alves fight regarding his striking and GSP dropped Alves twice with strikes along with taking him down for GnP at will.

Anything can happen when you fight someone with true KO power. Unless Hardy has some crazy take down defense that is better than BJ and Hughes that we haven't heard about, he is going to spend the fight on his back eating elbows.

I think GSP learned his lesson with Serra. Not to look past fighters or take anything for granted.

Everyone said the same thing about the Thiago Alves fight regarding his striking and GSP dropped Alves twice with strikes along with taking him down for GnP at will.

Anything can happen when you fight someone with true KO power. Unless Hardy has some crazy take down defense that is better than BJ and Hughes that we haven't heard about' date=' he is going to spend the fight on his back eating elbows.[/quote']

the thing is though Serra has really really heavy hands.... Hardy might have power but he does not have that same level of heavy hands as Serra

You never know what's going to happen on the one night that they fight,

but I'd be willing to bet if GSP fought Hardy a hundred times, GSP would win 95 times or more.

Actually, I think Hardy would give up after about his 15th beating because GSP would be able to disect Hardy's limited arsenal quickly and Hardy would nave no chance learning how to deal with all GSP brings into the octagon.

Anything can happen when you fight someone with true KO power. Unless Hardy has some crazy take down defense that is better than BJ and Hughes that we haven't heard about' date=' he is going to spend the fight on his back eating elbows.[/quote']

This ^

the thing is though Serra has really really heavy hands.... Hardy might have power but he does not have that same level of heavy hands as Serra

For some one I didn't get along with in the BJ thread, I gotta agree with you here.

One dude was trying to tell me a while back that Serra didn't have power in his hands b/c GSP was his only TKO.

Archived