Anyone else feel like Machida will get screwed in the rematch?

TheBoss265

Now I'm not a huge Machida fan but I'm not a huge Shogun fan either, that being said I thought Shogun won the fight, but that's not the point of this thred. The point I'm getting at is with all the controversy following the first fight, I have a weird feeling that if this one goes the distance Shogun will take it whether or not he deserves too. Anyone else get that feeling?

Now I'm not a huge Machida fan but I'm not a huge Shogun fan either' date=' that being said I thought Shogun won the fight, but that's not the point of this thred. The point I'm getting at is with all the controversy following the first fight, I have a weird feeling that if this one goes the distance Shogun will take it whether or not he deserves too. Anyone else get that feeling?[/quote']

If it goes to decision, whoever won the most rounds, will win the fight.

If you understand how judging works, you'd know that you can't just decide at the end of the fight who should win.

No, because it wont go that far I dont think. One of these guys is going to finish the other. Either guy wants to leave any doubt. I think Shogun has the timing of Machida down, but Machida will again masterfully get the finish win.

Both fighters learnt their lesson on that one. Machida was busted up bad after the fight, you can garauntee he'll come out with a different gameplan. As for Shogun, look for him to be a bit more aggressive as the fight goes on. He definitely got the short end of the stick with the last decision, I doubt he'll want to go to another one.

Now I'm not a huge Machida fan but I'm not a huge Shogun fan either' date=' that being said I thought Shogun won the fight, but that's not the point of this thred. The point I'm getting at is with all the controversy following the first fight, I have a weird feeling that if this one goes the distance Shogun will take it whether or not he deserves too. Anyone else get that feeling?[/quote']

No, one bad decision doesn't justify another. The judges should and will be judging the fight not the fighters.

I have a feeling that Shogun will win anyway, what can Machida possibly do? His karate stance is the only thing he has ever done, changing it now because of Shogun would leave him with even more holes in his game because it's something he isn't used to. Shogun will only get better, and will figure out more ways to exploit Machida. If Shogun comes into the fight with a similar game plan (more conservative) than Machida only has one choice to be more aggressive, which is again is another he isn't comfortable with. Shogun via TKO rd. 2

No' date=' because it wont go that far I dont think. One of these guys is going to finish the other. Either guy wants to leave any doubt. I think Shogun has the timing of Machida down, but Machida will again masterfully get the finish win.[/quote']

I agree to disagree... I can't see this one going another 5 rounds....Both of these guys will be looking to finish and take the judges out of the equation. Though I think it will be Shogun with the finish early in the 2nd round.

If Machida comes out more aggressive before he gets his legs worked he can win a decision over Shogun but he needs to know when to pull out or he could get finished, he lost the exchange when he chased.

Machida by decision. (Shogun won the first fight though)

There will be no judges needed for this rematch! Both fighters have corrected their mistakes made during the last match and this fight will not disappoint. Shogun will rightfully have around his waist what belonged to him on October 24, 2009. Then he will be proclaimed as the undisputed and true LHW champion of the UFC!

Yeah, even a UD with 50-45s would kind of be disappointing, cuz these guys REALLY need to finish this one somehow. I don't see how either of them could just dominate the other for a unanimous 5 round decision cuz they go the distance. Sadly, if this one isn't finished within time, the decision is absolutely going to be controversial again and someone will just have to eat it and deal with it...

I have a feeling that Shogun will win anyway' date=' what can Machida possibly do? His karate stance is the only thing he has ever done, changing it now because of Shogun would leave him with even more holes in his game because it's something he isn't used to. Shogun will only get better, and will figure out more ways to exploit Machida. If Shogun comes into the fight with a similar game plan (more conservative) than Machida only has one choice to be more aggressive, which is again is another he isn't comfortable with. Shogun via TKO rd. 2[/quote']

All he really has to do is find an answer for the leg kick. Bas Rutten suggested that as a weakness to Machida's style a long time ago. I don't think he'll work from an entirely different stance, but I think we'll see a different style none the less.

All he really has to do is find an answer for the leg kick. Bas Rutten suggested that as a weakness to Machida's style a long time ago. I don't think he'll work from an entirely different stance' date=' but I think we'll see a different style none the less.[/quote']

be cool to see him pull a Silva and catch the leg ala the Irving fight. Something tells me Shogun's kicks are slightly better then Irving's tho lol

Machida will not lose the rematch.

id be surprised if the rematch goes to decision- keep in mind the first fight would have ended in a ko if shogun hadnt let up on him. hes admitted many times he "took his foot off the gas" durring the last 2 rounds. if machida got picked apart by shogun running at less than balls-to-the-wall its prolly gonna be a highlight reel KO next time

Well in the first fight everytime Machida would try to back peddle he would get his leg almost severed by Shogun's brutal kicks. He got chopped down and outdone in every exchange. Hitting and runnning didn't work the first fight, so what else could Machida do to avoid getting hit? He's not going to fight straight forward he doesn't have the courage, and if he did we'll be looking at a early Ko for Shogun. Shogun is the true Light Heavy weight champion, Machida is nothing more than a fraud that got exposed in front of thousands

I got no idea what will happen, but I know all da suckaz thought Rua had no chance the first time. He definitely won in terms of damage though who the hell knows who won with the bogus socring system. Both fighters are going to adjust their approach antiicipating what is coming. Do we know more than them. Maybe. Maybe not. All I know is I lost my $ the fist time, and now we all know its a fight.

If Machida comes out more aggressive before he gets his legs worked he can win a decision over Shogun but he needs to know when to pull out or he could get finished' date=' [b']he lost the exchange when he chased[/b].

Machida by decision. (Shogun won the first fight though)

Sayyyy WHAAAAATTT??!!!??

If the exchange you're talking about is the one in the third round, then I suggest you go and watch it again. Machida easily won that exchange, and once he FINALLY got hit, he clinched.

Furthermore, your opening statement makes no sense, either.

If Machida comes out more aggressive before he gets his legs worked he can win a decision over Shogun

Machida doesn't have to be any more aggressive than he was in the first fight.

He won the first fight (unanimously, I might add), and knows that he will win again if it plays out the same way.

Shogun is the one that needs to be more aggressive. To win this fight, he needs to attack Lyoto right from the start. He can't allow Lyoto to grab his neck and land 3 big knees to the body within the first ten seconds. He needs to be diverse with his striking, and definitely let his hands go more often.

The problem with that, though, is exchanging punches with Machida, is what is likely to get him KO'd.

Sorry Shogun fanboys but Shogun won't expose himself to Machida!! He's scare of striking w/ Machida and knows if he exposes himself he'll get KO but the only way Shogun is going to win is by exposing himself to Machida in order to finish the fight, or a submission out of his ****.

Shogun doesn't want none of Machida' ground game either and he won't be able to take down machida. I predict Machida VIA KO!!

If it goes to decision' date=' whoever won the most rounds, will win the fight.

If you understand how judging works, you'd know that you can't just decide at the end of the fight who should win.[/quote']

Come on man. That's a pretty loose and open to interpretation statement. Yeah, whoever won the most rounds in the judges eyes will win that fight...I mean duh, but is it correct? And before you label me as a Shogun fan (I'm not) you should know that I've been labeled as a Machida fan as well, and, I'm in fact neither.

When this fight went down at my bro's house we actually had almost a 50/50 of Machida/Shogun fans. Including my friend, who had almost every PRIDE on his comp. I'd seen my share of PRIDE and I echoed his thoughts-maybe the PRIDE Shogun would win but not now. When I told Shogun fans I thought Machida was going to win they said stuff like, "you don't know MMA, you don't know who Shogun is, you've hopped on the Machida wagon, etc, etc" I had to tell them to calm down. Yes, I knew who Shogun was and yes I knew what he'd done in PRIDE. But, his performances in the UFC are what influenced my decision. And I wasn't a fan. Not everybody who picks a fighter to win, or thinks that a fighter got screwed in a fight, is that fighter's fan necessarily. I couldn't have cared less who won this fight, I just gave my honest opinion.

It's funny. When the decision was about to be announced on this fight, the Shogun fans were excited. And, I told them I was wrong. He proved me wrong. I thought he'd won the fight. I didn't hear one peep out of the Machida fans campaigning why Machida won the fight. It wasn't until after the decision that the sudden confidence in their fighter emerged.

I don't understand why people can't just admit when a fighter lost. Why do they have to spin it in their heads and to fans just to fit their agenda? And, when they come with terrible justification to say why someone's opinion doesn't count like.."oh, you were just influenced by Rogan." Ok, you mean just like how you were influenced when Rogan said, "welcome to the Machida era." It goes both ways doesn't it?

I've seen fighters I love get lucky on decisions, and I've seen fighters I hate get screwed on decisions. Just call it like it is. You'll feel a lot better. Machida got a horseshoe-up-the-fanny decision. Crappy decisions happen all the time. I've seen it a lot in boxing before MMA even came around.

I don't care who wins the 2nd fight but lets hope it's better judged. Judges, please don't out think yourself. Occam's Razor, it's that simple.

Sorry Shogun fanboys but Shogun won't expose himself to Machida!! He's scare of striking w/ Machida and knows if he exposes himself he'll get KO but the only way Shogun is going to win is by exposing himself to Machida in order to finish the fight' date=' or a submission out of his ****.

Shogun doesn't want none of Machida' ground game either and he won't be able to take down machida. I predict Machida VIA KO!![/quote']

I don't think Machida's going to be knocking out Shogun anytime soon. I do think it's going to be a much tougher fight for Sho. And, if Sho does get a submission, I don't think it will be anywhere out of his rectal area. Come on man, your blind rage isn't giving Sho enough credit.

I don't think he's scared of striking with Machida at all.

Archived