Paul Daley

KRYME

Stated in an interview that he was going to prove everyone who thinks he has no ground game wrong when he fights Kos. And then he goes on saying, and I quote, "I want to see what their excuse is going to be after I knock Koscheck out."

OK, great. So he gets his fight with Kos and he KO's him. This still doesn't prove he has a ground game.

Here's the interview.

http://www.mmamafia.net/news/ufc/3722-paul-daley-that-fraggle-is-gonna-get-rocked.html

The problem is Kos's ego. Kos thinks he's the best striker in the division and would IMO try and stand with Daley. I don't know what Daleys chin is like' date=' but if Kos gets hit he can go down a la Paulo Thiago.[/quote']

Daley's chin is pretty solid. I've seen all his fights in Cage Rage, Strikeforce and EliteXC. Never even seen him get rocked, against some pretty solid strikers too. Not really strikers of Koscheck/Rumble standard though.

That said, his ground game has always been suspect, although it is improving. He showed some good ground skills for a while in the Jake Shields fight, but we all know how that ended. Paul's always been the first to admit that his weakness lies in his ground game, so if he thinks he can hang with Josh Koscheck, then I'm intrigued.

Daley's chin is pretty solid. I've seen all his fights in Cage Rage' date=' Strikeforce and EliteXC. Never even seen him get rocked, against some pretty solid strikers too. Not really strikers of Koscheck/Rumble standard though.

That said, his ground game has always been suspect, although it is improving. He showed some good ground skills for a while in the Jake Shields fight, but we all know how that ended. Paul's always been the first to admit that his weakness lies in his ground game, so if he thinks he can hang with Josh Koscheck, then I'm intrigued.[/quote']

If this fight does happen, I hope Daley takes him out quickly and hard. There is noone with a bigger mouth than Kos IMO, and when he loses, it's always someone elses fault. He whined about Hardy getting the shot, he's called out Hughes, the guy is just a flat out clown.

Yeah it's very difficult to like Kos. What made me laugh was when he found out he wasn't getting a shot, so he declared that he was gonna fight every month of 2010 until he got one. Then he pulls out of his first fight.

Don't get me wrong, the guy has skills, and he probably would deserve a title shot. But the fact is that he got his **** KO'd by Paulo Thiago less than a year ago and he's already been beaten up by GSP.

If he tries to stand with Daley, he's gonna get KO'd. If he takes him down then we'll see. Either way this fight is gonna be a big fight, purely because of the talk before the fight.

If this fight does happen' date=' I hope Daley takes him out quickly and hard. There is noone with a bigger mouth than Kos IMO, and when he loses, it's always someone elses fault. He whined about Hardy getting the shot, he's called out Hughes, the guy is just a flat out clown.[/quote']

I totally agree. I want to see him KO Kos in Hendo/Bisping fashion. But... at the same time I'm kind of hoping Kos doesn't stand with him so we can see what Daley can do with a wrestler.

If this fight does happen' date=' I hope Daley takes him out quickly and hard. There is noone with a bigger mouth than Kos IMO, and when he loses, it's always someone elses fault. He whined about Hardy getting the shot, he's called out Hughes, the guy is just a flat out clown.[/quote']

He lives in my town, but I have never seen him. I dont think he lives here anymore.

I think KOS will exploit Daley, KOS will take Daley down and punish him at will IMO. I honestly wont be impressed with Daley until he beats someone with a decent ground game and some good standup. I've watched all of his previous fights and I think the UFC is making way too big a deal about him. We all know what Jake Shields did to him and I think KOS will put him in his place as well.

Archived