3. big nog

4. royce garcie

5. a. silva

6. GSP

7. crocop

8. mousasi

9. rutten

10. aoki

Arlovski should be included men. He did not only win the UFC HW title but also revolutionized the heavyweight division which is much focus on that time on ground & pound, not to metion heavyweight that time are also slow.

Arlovski should be included men. He did not only win the UFC HW title but also revolutionized the heavyweight division which is much focus on that time on ground & pound' date=' not to metion heavyweight that time are also slow.[/quote']

probably he tied my list at 10 with aoki,tn for reminding.

Since early 90's name your Top 10 Best Non-American MMA fighter.

Here's my Pick

1.) Royce Gracie

2.) Fedor

3.) Anderson Silva

4.) GSP

5.) Big Nog

6.) Arlovski

7.) Bas Rutten

8.) Vittor

9.) Cro Cop

10.) Wanderlei Siva

It seems like the Brazil is the # 2 most dominant coutry in MMA after US

After US? whos dominating mma 4rm the US? Besides BJ and hes 4rm hawaii, that tehnically doesnt even count..

After US? whos dominating mma 4rm the US? Besides BJ and hes 4rm hawaii' date=' that tehnically doesnt even count..[/quote']

Since early 90' guys from US like Couture, Ortiz, Ken & Frank Shamerock, Tank, Maurice Smith, Coleman, Hughes, Tanner, Tim Sylvia, Trigg, are some few guys dominate the UFC. While for PRIDE it's Lidell, Barnet, Randleman, Coleman. For SF its' Roger, Shields, Lawler. Is there any country can produce more dominant fighters like that.

Since early 90' guys from US like Couture' date=' Ortiz, Ken & Frank Shamerock, Tank, Maurice Smith, Coleman, Hughes, Tanner, Tim Sylvia, Trigg, are some few guys dominate the UFC. While for PRIDE it's Lidell, Barnet, Randleman, Coleman. For SF its' Roger, Shields, Lawler. Is there any country can produce more dominant fighters like that.[/quote']

How is Liddell under the PRIDE banner?

Since early 90' guys from US like Couture' date=' Ortiz, Ken & Frank Shamerock, Tank, Maurice Smith, Coleman, Hughes, Tanner, Tim Sylvia, Trigg, are some few guys dominate the UFC. While for PRIDE it's Lidell, Barnet, Randleman, Coleman. For SF its' Roger, Shields, Lawler. Is there any country can produce more dominant fighters like that.[/quote']

Are u serious right now? You cant even compare those guys to the so called top non american mma guys besides Courture, Hughes and Liddell and maybe Ortiz 4 holding the belt so long. LOL at Liddell, Randleman, and Coleman dominating Pride. You should have put Dan Henderson in ur American list.

Perhaps the title of the thread should be a little more clear, and say US, not American.

GSP, on many of the given lists, is Canadian. Canada, weather they like it or not :), is part of North America. Thus by default, GSP is "American"

Of course, all of the Brazilian fighters would then also be "American", South America, after all, being the continent that Brazil is located within/on.

Probably just me, but perhaps people should be a bit more clear, and specific as to what they mean.

Perhaps the title of the thread should be a little more clear' date=' and say US, not American.

GSP, on many of the given lists, is Canadian. Canada, weather they like it or not :), is part of North America. Thus by default, GSP is "American"

Of course, all of the Brazilian fighters would then also be "American", South America, after all, being the continent that Brazil is located within/on.

Probably just me, but perhaps people should be a bit more clear, and specific as to what they mean.[/quote']

LMAO See thats how America is leading in MMA, I new there was a way!

Perhaps the title of the thread should be a little more clear' date=' and say US, not American.

Probably just me, but perhaps people should be a bit more clear, and specific as to what they mean.[/quote']

I think when you say American, that's an automatic US citizen only. have you seen Anderson Silva introduced by some commentator as American. Where did you hear that people from Canada & Mexico are being called American intead of Canadian & Mexican respectively. I doubt even in news that you can hear they call an Brazillian an American.

how in the world can you name that list of pride and not mention Bas Rutten

in a way you're right but the word America is pretty much commonly regarded as being synonymous with the US, so the OP is not wrong and he is being clear enough and i would be surprised if one person didn't know exactly what he was saying.

Since early 90's name your Top 10 Best Non-American MMA fighter.

Here's my Pick

1.) Royce Gracie

2.) Fedor

3.) Anderson Silva

4.) GSP

5.) Big Nog

6.) Arlovski

7.) Bas Rutten

8.) Vittor

9.) Cro Cop

10.) Wanderlei Siva

It seems like the Brazil is the # 2 most dominant coutry in MMA after US

I actually think this is a great list. Well played.

1) Fedor Emelianenko

2) Anderson Silva

3) GSP

4) Big Nog

5) Vitor

6) Shogun

7) Wandy

8) Cro Cop

9) Mousasi

10) Rutten

I might get abuse for this but Royce is very overrated and is about as one dimensional fighter as you can get

Royce may have been one dimensional but at the time mma was more about styles/disciplines vs one another and he was damn near unstoppable, even against opponents who outweighed by 75 pounds and were expert technical fighters in their discipline. Royce deserves to be near the top in anyones list of greats.

Archived