Mousasi + Fedor to UFC??? maybe

1Gladiator

Mousasi ---Coming to UFC??????

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys Dana is trying to get Fedor(yes everyone knows him and UFC is making a great effort to contract him). But, not that many people now Gerard Mousasi(he fights in K-1)he has fought at 185 and 205. He's ranked #3 in world for MMA at the #205. Dudes if he fights at 185 Sylva would be facing his biggest challenge. Mousasi doesn't waste any time and is very effective and not afraid of anybody. He has fought numerous World Class hvywghts in Japan for K-1 and MMA---Goodrich, Overeem, and Mark Hunt. He beat everyone of those hulks. If Mousasi were to fight Machida, that would be really interesting. Mousasi would really take the fight to him. Machida is great and a true lt Hvy wght champion. Watch Mousasi on HDNet sometime!!

Dana get Fedor and Mousais----Yes!!!

You can't call yourself the man until you've beaten the man.

Did Fedor ever Beat Randy Couture? Lesnar did, he destroyed The Legend.

Fedor is scared of Lesnar, as well as all the top 5 "CURRENT" HW in the UFC.

He can hide and keep his great record all he wants but in my opinion until he fights the UFC Hw's he can't call himself the best and neither can anyone else (truthfully)

oh and IDC about Strikeforce fighters, lol they are pathetic, Mayhem Miller is the biggest Joke in MMA.

Let the Hating begin :)

ahhh good old fedor signing talk. Mark my words' date=' fedor will retire after his current contract with strikeforce is over. And he will be remembered as the best hw in the world.(not that this would change if he joined the ufc.)[/quote']

yea. That way at leaste people can say he was the best hw fighter to ever bless the minor leagues of mma...............................the top fighters are in the ufc, hands down...anyone who claims otherwise needs to just take a look at what happened to the big names from pride when they came to ufc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said....................and brock will always be known as the man who sent fedor hiding in retirement..........................

Ahhh good old Fedor signing talk. Mark my words' date=' Fedor will retire after his current contract with Strikeforce is over. And he will be remembered as the best HW in the world.(Not that this would change if he joined the UFC.)[/quote']

only that he would not win in the UFC... Fedor would not make it a round without getting cut... Fedor cut really easy.. i doubt he will fight people who use elbows.. hell hes prove you do not even have to hit him with your elbow he will do t for you

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys Dana is trying to get Fedor(yes everyone knows him and UFC is making a great effort to contract him). But' date=' not that many people now Gerard Mousasi(he fights in K-1)he has fought at 185 and 205. [b']He's ranked #3 in world for MMA at the #205[/b]. Dudes if he fights at 185 Sylva would be facing his biggest challenge. Mousasi doesn't waste any time and is very effective and not afraid of anybody. He has fought numerous World Class hvywghts in Japan for K-1 and MMA---Goodrich, Overeem, and Mark Hunt. He beat everyone of those hulks. If Mousasi were to fight Machida, that would be really interesting. Mousasi would really take the fight to him. Machida is great and a true lt Hvy wght champion. Watch Mousasi on HDNet sometime!!

Dana get Fedor and Mousais----Yes!!!

Moussasi is good but I wouldnt rate him at three in the world. Shogun, Machida, Evans and Rampage are better then him. Hes probably next after that. Both have contracts with Strikeforce so it will take a while for the UFC to sign them.

Moussasi is good but I wouldnt rate him at three in the world. Shogun' date=' Machida, Evans and Rampage are better then him. Hes probably next after that. Both have contracts with Strikeforce so it will take a while for the UFC to sign them.[/quote']

No, Mousasi earned his place as top 3 easy.

Hey guys Dana is trying to get Fedor(yes everyone knows him and UFC is making a great effort to contract him). But' date=' not that many people now Gerard Mousasi(he fights in K-1)he has fought at 185 and 205. He's ranked #3 in world for MMA at the #205. Dudes if he fights at 185 Sylva would be facing his biggest challenge. Mousasi doesn't waste any time and is very effective and not afraid of anybody. He has fought numerous World Class hvywghts in Japan for K-1 and MMA---Goodrich, Overeem, and Mark Hunt. He beat everyone of those hulks. If Mousasi were to fight Machida, that would be really interesting. Mousasi would really take the fight to him. Machida is great and a true lt Hvy wght champion. Watch Mousasi on HDNet sometime!!

Dana get Fedor and Mousais----Yes!!![/quote']

Who ranks Mousasi #3 in the world? For what, beating garry Goodrich? Babalu? Sokoju? Mousasi is a beast, I think he skill to potentially take one of the coveted top 5 spots in light heavyweight, but you don't get to be ranked #3 in the world by beating a bunch of guys who aren't even in the top10. You've got to beat some guys that actually are top ten at least. IMO Mousasi is getting screwed alot more by this M1-global thing than Fedor is. Fedor can ride his legacy, but if Mousasi doesn't face some real competition soon his career will start to downturn before he has a chance to prove himself.

It will be interesting to see how he fair's against Dan Henderson... But hoenstly, I'd much rather see him fight Rashad Evans, Rampage Jackson, Shogun Rua, or Lyoto Machida. Hell, even Forrest Griffin or Thiago Silva would be an interesting test to see.

Ya have you watched Shogun and Rampages fights. They fight against better opponents aswell.

First off records are held into account when judging top rankings, with that in mind

Mousasi is 28 - 2

Rampage is 30 - 7

Shogun is 18 - 4

Mousasi's striking and ground game are questionably better than Shogun's and Rampage's.

Watching their fights your more than likely to come to this conclusion.

First off records are held into account when judging top rankings' date=' with that in mind

Mousasi is 28 - 2

Rampage is 30 - 7

Shogun is 18 - 4

Mousasi's striking and ground game are questionably better than Shogun's and Rampage's.

Watching their fights your more than likely to come to this conclusion.[/quote']

His striking is definately not better than Shoguns or Rampages. He has lost to Akhiro Gono and someone called Petras Markevicius. He has fought very few top opponents. If he came to the UFC and fought the UFCs top LHWs he would have alot more losses on his record.

His striking is definately not better than Shoguns or Rampages. He has lost to Akhiro Gono and someone called Petras Markevicius. He has fought very few top opponents. If he came to the UFC and fought the UFCs top LHWs he would have alot more losses on his record.

He lost both those bouts by Armbar.

If you want to play that game, Shogun lost to Forrest Griffin and Mark Coleman and Renato Sobral(who lost to who? oh yeh Mousasi)

Rampage doesn't have spectacular technical striking he has strength in his striking.

He also lost to Marvin Eastman if you honestly want to count losses in the way you suggest.

Also Forrest Griffin.

First off records are held into account when judging top rankings' date=' with that in mind

Mousasi is 28 - 2

Rampage is 30 - 7

Shogun is 18 - 4

Watching their fights your more than likely to come to this conclusion.[/quote']

My professional record against 12 year olds is 100-0-0. Clearly I should be a higher ranked fighter than Gegard.

The point being, the actual #s on the record is irrelevant, what matters is who you have beaten, who you have lost to, how, and why.

Rampage has beaten a whole bunch of top10 LHW's Shogun has beaten a whole bunch of top 10 LHW's. Both guys losses are primarily against stiff stiff top competition. Mousasi just doesn't have the list of names he needs to break top 5 in any sane ranking system.

Ranking isn't based off of "this guy's striking looks pretty good, he's ranked higher than some other guy who doesn't look as good". How good a fighter looks is extremely subjective. Thiago silva looked like a joke when he fought Machida, and he looked like a beast when he fought Jardine, fighting a crappier fighter makes you look better. All the top10 guys in LHW look good, they are all fast, they are all powerful and strong, 95% of who wins and who loses is who wins the mental game. You can't eye out how a fighter will match up, at least, that is to say you can't eye it out accurately.

To some degree MMA math can work, so if Mousasi can utterly dominate Babalu and Babalu was ranked 15th at that point, then you can argue that Mousasi should be ranked maby 10th or something. But you can't say a guy is top3 just because he consistently beats guys who are top 20 but below top 10. Almost all the top 10 guys will beat those same guys consistently. Simply put, he has to fight someone who actually matters before it's safe to rank him so high.

He lost both those bouts by Armbar.

If you want to play that game' date=' Shogun lost to Forrest Griffin and Mark Coleman and Renato Sobral(who lost to who? oh yeh Mousasi)

Rampage doesn't have spectacular technical striking he has strength in his striking.

He also lost to Marvin Eastman if you honestly want to count losses in the way you suggest.

Also Forrest Griffin.[/quote']

Marvin Eastman was Rampages first fight and he avenged that loss. Shogun avenged the Coleman loss and the Sobral fight was very early in his career while Mousasi fought a past-prime Sobral. Griffin would of probably beat Mousasi to but we dont know because Mousasi hasnt fought the top fighters yet. Also Shogun and Rampage used to have to fight several times in one night sometimes in Pride. Compare who they have beaten. Rampage has beaten Liddell twice, Henderson, W.Silva, Jardine and loads more top fighters. Shogun knee was injured when he fought Forrest and he has beat Liddell, Rampage, Overeem, Nogueira and who has Moussasi beat compared to those.

My professional record against 12 year olds is 100-0-0. Clearly I should be a higher ranked fighter than Gegard.

The point being' date=' the actual #s on the record is irrelevant, what matters is who you have beaten, who you have lost to, how, and why.

Rampage has beaten a whole bunch of top10 LHW's Shogun has beaten a whole bunch of top 10 LHW's. Both guys losses are primarily against stiff stiff top competition. Mousasi just doesn't have the list of names he needs to break top 5 in any sane ranking system.

Ranking isn't based off of "this guy's striking looks pretty good, he's ranked higher than some other guy who doesn't look as good". How good a fighter looks is extremely subjective. Thiago silva looked like a joke when he fought Machida, and he looked like a beast when he fought Jardine, fighting a crappier fighter makes you look better. All the top10 guys in LHW look good, they are all fast, they are all powerful and strong, 95% of who wins and who loses is who wins the mental game. You can't eye out how a fighter will match up, at least, that is to say you can't eye it out accurately.

To some degree MMA math can work, so if Mousasi can utterly dominate Babalu and Babalu was ranked 15th at that point, then you can argue that Mousasi should be ranked maby 10th or something. But you can't say a guy is top3 just because he consistently beats guys who are top 20 but below top 10. Almost all the top 10 guys will beat those same guys consistently. Simply put, he has to fight someone who actually matters before it's safe to rank him so high.[/quote']

First off records are held into account when judging top rankings, with that in mind

I don't control the rankings and i stated questionably because it's not undisputed people can disagree or agree.

I don't control the rankings and i stated questionably because it's not undisputed people can disagree or agree.

Do you even know what the source of the ranking you're defending is? UFC doesn't rank fighters. I'm not aware of any authoritive organization that does. Sherdog occasionally produces lists but they don't hold much authority either. I've never seen Gegard on a LHW top 10 list.

Do you even know what the source of the ranking you're defending is? UFC doesn't rank fighters. I'm not aware of any authoritive organization that does. Sherdog occasionally produces lists but they don't hold much authority either. I've never seen Gegard on a LHW top 10 list.

Well he is rank 6th pound for pound and 7th LHW.

But many rank him higher much like myself due to the fact, I could see him defeating Majority of people that are above him on the lists related to Sherdog etc. MMA Weekly etc.

We can't say he wouldn't beat them until he fights them, He isn't a joke though he could technically beat Rampage,Shogun,Griffin,Evans and even Machida if he goes into the fight with an effective gameplan as easily as they could be him.

Well he is rank 6th pound for pound and 7th LHW.

But many rank him higher much like myself due to the fact' date=' I could see him defeating Majority of people that are above him on the lists related to Sherdog etc. MMA Weekly etc.

We can't say he wouldn't beat them until he fights them, He isn't a joke though he could technically beat Rampage,Shogun,Griffin,Evans and even Machida if he goes into the fight with an effective gameplan as easily as they could be him.[/quote']

How is his pound for pound ranking higher than his division ranking. Thats wrong. Hes not ranked 6th pound for pound. Hes definately outside the top 10.

Its to bad they wanted Dana's left testicle to sign them.

LOL' date=' he wouldnt even pay to keep Hendo, and he would sell his children before his nuts. He can easily make another child.

This is BS. Dana would give his left testicle for them.

At gun point!!!

No way Dana would give his testicle to the Russian mob.

Red Army' date=' thats strike 1. Remember Fedor was apart of the Red Army that seizes control over the Russian mob families/businesses. Nothing is permitted until the final say so, ask any Russian American from Mother Russia and they will tell you. Thats why most of them came to the states, to escape the tyranny of the Red Army.

Thats why Aleks has Nazi imagery on his self, explanning that they are oppsed to Russian authority since he was arrested for Arm Robbery in his youth.

Most hardcore MMA fans would know Mousasi, and unfortunately they are managed by crazy russians who wanted to co-promote and Dana didnt think it was worth it.

He does now since Brock is out for who knows how long, and after Shogun wins/loses who's next?

G-E-G-A-R-D ................ M-O-U-S-A-S-I

yea. That way at leaste people can say he was the best hw fighter to ever bless the minor leagues of mma...............................the top fighters are in the ufc' date=' hands down...anyone who claims otherwise needs to just take a look at what happened to the big names from pride when they came to ufc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Enough said....................and brock will always be known as the man who sent fedor hiding in retirement..........................[/quote']

Are you referring to big names like Anderson Silva, Rampage Jackson, and Nogueira (sp) who all came to the UFC and won titles in their respective weight classes.

Of course UFC legend Chuck Liddell did go to Pride durring his prime and got beat by Rampage who wasn't even a champ there.

I think Mousasi would fair pretty well in the UFC LHW division. He has great hands and is a hard person to hit. I just wish that Strikeforce would make better pairings with the fighters they have. Hendo/Mousasi should be happening in April, not Hendo/Shields (Also, they should have Fedor up against Overeem instead of Werdum).

Eventually we're gonna get to see Hendo/Mousasi and that should hopefully show people how legit the guy is. Hopefully he'll end up in the UFC just so we can see him in some good matchups with most the other top ranked LHWs.

Archived