When Will GSP Retire?...Future

DarkReflection

Okay...since people have been saying the forums are slow/boring lately I'm trying to think of topics that will spark conversation. SO...

How old do you think GSP will be when he fights his last fight?

Will GSP ever lose in a serious upset again?

Will GSP ever get a title in a different weight class?

Will the WW champion after GSP be as dominant as GSP was?

Will GSP ever fight Silva?

Will he fight BJ again and will he win?

Will GSP ever be KO'd?

ETC...speculate...and make any predictions you want.

Cheers

-DR

GSP has stated that he plans to retire soon. I believe he will retire in 3 years, and most likely people will still hate him, as they don't like to see him win.

He's one of my favorite fighers. He's got excellent striking, and ridiculous grappling.

He will probably just leave on top of the WW division. He might lose another fight, as someone will always have a punchers chance, so i'm gonna say that he eventually loses to some unknown guy that comes in from another organization, to rematch him and beat him.

GSP will end up being a legend at the end. He doesn't duck anybody, and he is hard working. He also doesn't hunt for excuses (Ahem BJ).

god only knows bro

Well thats that discussion over pmsl.

I think GSP will keep going for a while, lets face it, not many fighters really announce their retirement rather than just fall down the rankings. Randy announced it and then came back a weight class up. Should he go to the Olympics (I don't know if this is still on the table or not) I think he will still come back.

The next WW I don't feel will be as dominant, and if they are it will be a fighter not really in the spotlight currently, when Hughes was champ you just knew GSP was going to be a bit special and kudos to him because he has delivered on the potential he had. While anyone he faces has a punchers chance GSP will be harder to connect with than in the Serra fight. I admit the current crop of punchers (Daley, Johnson, maybe Hardy) are way better than Serra but GSP has experienced a lucky punch and I think anyone would do well to do it again, GSP is just too good.

I would love to se him fight Silva, but in no way does his legacy depend on it. The same with BJ, who has a lot more to gain in a rematch with GSP. Lets just cut out the middle man and get BJ to fight Silva lol.

Okay...since people have been saying the forums are slow/boring lately I'm trying to think of topics that will spark conversation. SO...

Will GSP ever be KO'd?

Cheers

-DR

i think that GSP can b KO'ed by the likes of Paul Daley he hasnt exactly showed a granite chin.But my personal opinion He should fight Jake Shields after that then theres nothing 2 prove

Will GSP ever be KO'd?

Cheers

-DR

plz tell me im not the only one that see's comp for GSP he has very legitamite threats outside of the octagon.Jake Shields called him out now plz correct me if im wrong but dont u guys think that Shields is more of a threat than Dan Hardy? Even Paul Daley 4 that matter. Marious Zaromskis is a legitamate threat.GSP looks good but theres comp for him.Same goes for BJ regardless of what dana says they still have alot 2 prove

lol he got KOed by Serra correct. who has matt serra ever KOed? I didnt say GSP is good @ avoiding damage but who has hit him since? Paul Daley would KO GSP if he caught him.2 much power if he was KO by a LW.Right

you havent seen many serra fights have you? lets take his most recent one. when he wasnt being controlled by hughes he almost knocked him out. The guys got a good punch. GSP hasnt been rocked since that fight with serra or before that fight

He had plenty for that Serra loss and Serra didn't even grease up ; )
+1 thank u sir thats what people arent looking at i love GSP he trains in my home town but UFC isnt giving him the comp he should b fighting. I stick by what i said if Paul Daley caught him he would KTFO GSP solely based off the Serra fight. I know that people hate on Jake Shields but he's GSP most legit besides Daley or Zaromskis.I would hate 2 c Kampman,Swick.or a rematch Fitch,Koscheck,orAlves.Yawn Boring lets c GSP destroy some one he hasn't Maybe Almeida

Also Thiago Alves has more ko power than most of the guys in WW and see what happened there he didnt even get a punch in
Paul Daley? He said he would be more than happy 2 fight Alves and personal opinion Daley by massacre.Alves hasnt really impressed me i loved when GSP said and i quote"I'm not gonna get knocked out by Thiago Alves" need i repeat the outcome

you havent seen many serra fights have you? lets take his most recent one. when he wasnt being controlled by hughes he almost knocked him out. The guys got a good punch. GSP hasnt been rocked since that fight with serra or before that fight
but he didnt force a stoppage right? yea i watch every mma event i can bro matt serra n trigg is joke i dont even care who wins Matt Serra can KO GSP but not Hughes? Yea real comparasin

And yes im very familier with Matt Serra. he lost oh let me c Karo,Shonie.Dinyero, who r they now a days? his only impressive performance is against BJ and GSP Matt serra needs 2 retire soon he's lucky he got the trigg fight thats his only chance at a win with the current comp

GSP has stated that he plans to retire soon. I believe he will retire in 3 years' date=' and most likely people will still hate him, as they don't like to see him win.

He's one of my favorite fighers. He's got excellent striking, and ridiculous grappling.

He will probably just leave on top of the WW division. He might lose another fight, as someone will always have a punchers chance, so i'm gonna say that he eventually loses to some unknown guy that comes in from another organization, to rematch him and beat him.

GSP will end up being a legend at the end. He doesn't duck anybody, and he is hard working. He also doesn't hunt for excuses (Ahem BJ).[/quote']

GSP never said he will retire soon .

He say he will continue for a long career and he will stop when he wake up 1 morning and be boring to do Martial Art.

He wanna be a MMA trainer when is career will be over.

GSP never said he will retire soon .

He say he will continue for a long career and he will stop when he wake up 1 morning and be boring to do Martial Art.

He wanna be a MMA trainer when is career will be over.

There was a video of GSP talkin about when he would retire..I dont remember which vid. it was but he was sayin that he would retire when his close friends and family...pretty much whoever is close to him thinks he has nothing prove..Those arent the exact words he said but he did say something along that line..

+1 thank u sir thats what people arent looking at i love GSP he trains in my home town but UFC isnt giving him the comp he should b fighting. I stick by what i said if Paul Daley caught him he would KTFO GSP solely based off the Serra fight. I know that people hate on Jake Shields but he's GSP most legit besides Daley or Zaromskis.I would hate 2 c Kampman' date='Swick.or a rematch Fitch,Koscheck,orAlves.Yawn Boring lets c GSP destroy some one he hasn't Maybe Almeida[/quote']

wtf are you talking about? ufc does give him the comp he should be fighting. and he's mopped the floor with all of them. and what makes you think a 2nd fight with any of those people would go any different? it wouldn't. and if you think jake shields is even somewhat of a threat to gsp you are just retarded.

GSP has said he wants to be known as the greatest mixed martial artist of all time. He originally didn't cut much weight to make 170 so he could stay healthy and have a long career. He's since began to put on more muscle so he can one day move up to MW because he wants to fight Silva.

He got caught at the base of the skull by a looping punch by Serra. This would interrupt your Central Nervous system in anybody. He still had the ability to scramble and try to recover but the damage had already been done. GSP couldn't see where he was and serra was landing bombs. GSP never went completely out. If anything I think it's a testament to his chin. The base of the skull is a common place used by cops and military personnel to knock out their opponents. That's why it's illegal in UFC.

GSP will stay at WW to break Matt Hughes title defense record of 8 or 9 not sure what it is. Then he will move up and challenge himself at MW. He will take the time to put on the weight the right way and will dominate IMO. He is the absolute best at mixing striking with wrestling and jui jitsu. The guy has a wide array of kicks and has brutal ground and pound. He is always looking for the finish and breaks his opponents will. He did just what he said he would against BJ break his mind before his body.

GSP will go down as the greatest.

Will GSP ever be KO'd?

Cheers

-DR

I think he learned his lesson with Serra not to take any fight lightly.

I think there is potential he could one day hold the MW belt.

Right now I don't see the next Champ after him being as dominant. The thing about GSP is he has been dominant in a pretty stacked weight class. WW and LHW have had the best crop of talent for the last couple years in the UFC, I agree with the poster above that GSP doesn't move up until he beats Hughes title defense record.

Will GSP ever fight Silva? I think a lot of that depends on Silva. He's down to what 3 fights left on his contract with the UFC? I don't see them matching up in that time. So if Silva re-signs for 3-6 more fights maybe,

I don't think BJ and GSP will fight again. What would be the point? If they did GSP wins it.

Will GSP ever be KO'd? Yes.I'm sure before its all said and done he will be by someone.

]lol he got KOed by Serra correct[/size]. who has matt serra ever KOed? I didnt say GSP is good @ avoiding damage but who has hit him since? Paul Daley would KO GSP if he caught him.2 much power if he was KO by a LW.Right

give me a legit example CLOWN?

You statement about GSP having a suspect chin and these statements is exactly why I called you a clueless clown. Stop spewing crap in this forum that is simply not true.

Heres a legit example for ya. GSP in 21 professional fights has NEVER been ko'd. ever! He has fought the best of the best, taken numerous shots on the CHIN/Facial Area and never been ko'd. Matt Serra, for the last bloody time, hit GSP with a punch in an area usually only connected with by a kick, and that's behind the ear, the sweet spot. He was rocked, slipped and hit with numerous shots before he was TKO'D. For you to ever suggest GSP has a questionable chin because of this is that of the highest level of NOOBNESS. Now go learn your facts, watch some fights, then come back and try to discuss things intelligently.

Archived