Fedor

Jonesy77

After what Frank Mir said about Fedor being 235 with a belly and that he could fight at 205, it got me thinking about Fedor going to 205, would he be as good at 205, in my opinion he could do it and be at the top but what is the point when he has been at the top of the heavyweight division for 7 years, what do you think?

After what Frank Mir said about Fedor being 235 with a belly and that he could fight at 205' date=' it got me thinking about Fedor going to 205, would he be as good at 205, in my opinion he could do it and be at the top but what is the point when he has been at the top of the heavyweight division for 7 years, what do you think?[/quote']

Fedor hasn't fought a top 10 heavyweight fighter in around 5 years. Can't really consider him the top Hw these days as the heavyweight scene has changed a lot in 5 years. As far as dropping weight goes I'm pretty sure he could and that he would do well but he never will.

After what Frank Mir said about Fedor being 235 with a belly and that he could fight at 205' date=' it got me thinking about Fedor going to 205, would he be as good at 205, in my opinion he could do it and be at the top but what is the point when he has been at the top of the heavyweight division for 7 years, what do you think?[/quote']

This belongs in the outside UFC section.

Fedor can fight at what ever weight class he sees fit. Don't bother me. As long as he keeps beating people up, I'll keep watching. Fighting guys that outweigh him hasn't bothered him in the past, and Frank Mir is always talking, so I wouldn't read too much into this.

I've always said that I think Fedor would have a much harder time climbing the LHW ranks than he did the HW's.

Fedor's greatest assets have been his speed and well rounded game. At LHW that's almost the entire division.

So...could Fedor make 205? Absolutely. Would he do well? I think he could hold his own...but I don't know if he'd get the title...and if he did..he wouldn't hold it long.

Cheers

-DR

Fedor hasn't fought a top 10 heavyweight fighter in around 5 years. Can't really consider him the top Hw these days as the heavyweight scene has changed a lot in 5 years. As far as dropping weight goes I'm pretty sure he could and that he would do well but he never will.

Most rankings say otherwise, but I guess you know better than all these noobs.

This belongs in the outside UFC section.

Fedor can fight at what ever weight class he sees fit. Don't bother me. As long as he keeps beating people up' date=' I'll keep watching. Fighting guys that outweigh him hasn't bothered him in the past, and Frank Mir is always talking, so I wouldn't read too much into this.[/quote']

how do you move it

While I admit that Fedor hasn't fought any of the Top 5 UFC brass, he is arguably the best HW in the world. This guy was winning in Pride, and we've seen what some of those fighers can do. Sure he is 235lbs. with a belly, but so is Roy Nelson, whom I believe beat Mir in a grappling contest.

I think Mir would lose to Fedor, as he is alot slower, and contrary to popular believe, Fedor is alot stronger then he looks (He threw around Rogers throughout their bout, and Rogers is a good 280, at the very least).

For Mir to even state such belittling comments to Fedor is beyond me. Noguiera had trouble with Fedor on the ground, and as I recall, Mir was reluctant to roll with Noguiera in their bout (Which I hope to see a rematch of, as I believe Nogueira genuinely looked like he was sick in).

Time will tell when Fedor hits the UFC. When he does, I fully anticipate some seriously upset HW's.

I still think Dos Santos will knock out everyone though, and he will never get notoriety cause he's very quiet.

Arlovski' date=' Sylvia. He would've faced Barnett(top 5) if it wasn't for the steroid thing.[/quote']

Glass jaw Arlovski and the lumber oaf Sylvia had both just washed out of the Ufc when they fought Fedor. Neither of them can be considered top 10. Barnett would have been a legit fight but it never happened.

Glass jaw Arlovski and the lumber oaf Sylvia had both just washed out of the Ufc when they fought Fedor. Neither of them can be considered top 10. Barnett would have been a legit fight but it never happened.

Listen, I don't give a rat's **** who you THINK are top 10. Fact is, when Fedor fought Arlovski and Sylvia, they were both at least top 10 in most rankings(if not top 5, don't remember for sure.)

Arlovski' date=' Sylvia. He would've faced Barnett(top 5) if it wasn't for the steroid thing.[/quote']they were no longer top 10 and the barnett fight did not happen....

and i love people bringing up Roy nelson barely winning 1 grappling match with Mir over 7 years ago.... 7 years ago Chuck was the best LHW in the world look at him now... 7 years ago Matt Hughes rules WW look at him now... 6 years ago GSP lost to Matt Hughes you think Matt Hughes could even get more then a 10-8 round from GSP now??

What a relief. If Fedor fight in UFC at HW, he will be brutalize, the only guy he can beat at HW in UFC are his fellow PRIDE alumnus Big Nog & Cro Cop, since all of them are not use to fight at a steel cage called octagon, they haven't experience how it is to be push on those steel while being GNP (I think Cro Cop experience a little bit now) So after Fedor records goes 1-3 at UFC (Loss to JDS, MIR & Carwin) he will not be fighting Brock then coz it wouldn't be a marketable fight. Dana would then advice him to cut to 205 and Dan always get's what he want's one way or the other.

He'd destroy the entire LHW division, no doubt about...after that just more ufc cry babies lol *****ing like always.

they were no longer top 10 and the barnett fight did not happen....

and i love people bringing up Roy nelson barely winning 1 grappling match with Mir over 7 years ago.... 7 years ago Chuck was the best LHW in the world look at him now... 7 years ago Matt Hughes rules WW look at him now... 6 years ago GSP lost to Matt Hughes you think Matt Hughes could even get more then a 10-8 round from GSP now??

Yes they were ****, all the reliable rankings had them up there.

u know what Fedor knows he can b beat but his record says otherwise. As a MMA fan u can c the desperation in Dana 2 get Fedor,Mousasi, and yes the notorious SHINYA AOKI.Why ? Because the ufc champs r making mince meat of there oponents.Its the sad but true some people perform better oversea's. ur not gonna c the great matches unless dana quits being a ***** and lets his fighters fight over sea's. lets take a look @ the REPRESENTIVES of the ufc in pride. Chuck(the ****ing poster boy)got destroyed ny rampage twice (and barely beat Alistair IMO) and Vitor Belfort(current MW contender)SUB byAlisteir 1rst RND Fedor would make a great addition 2 theUFC

Fedor is NO different then Matt Hughes Rich Franklin or Chuck Liddell.... other then he wont fight anyone close to good anymore.. that way he keep the stupid fans playing "climb the ѕcrotum pole"

WTF r u talking about Fedor has proved himsefl many a time he beat 2 very recent ufc champs not 2 mention he gives Brock(the fake MMArtist) mad props but look @ his record his only loss is by cut Brock tapped like a ***** 2 MIr

WTF r u talking about Fedor has proved himsefl many a time he beat 2 very recent ufc champs not 2 mention he gives Brock(the fake MMArtist) mad props but look @ his record his only loss is by cut Brock tapped like a ***** 2 MIr

I love Fedor but Sylvia was never really that good, and i dislike Lesnar but if any fighter got a hold of your leg you would tap as well

For the fifty millionth time, Arlofski was ranked 3rd in the HW division when Fedor fought him. Just because a guy is not in the UFC does not mean he's not a top heavyweight. Traditionally the UFC's HW division is astoundingly weak.

Now that you can't rank Barnet any more, and both Werdum and Arlofski have taken a huge tumble, the only guy asside from Fedor worth talking about outside the UFC is Overeem. So basically by a factor of luck the UFC's HW divsion is stronger than it has ever been before. Still, you would be insane to rank Fedor anywhere asside from #1 in the HW division right now. The Brett Rogers fight might as well have never happened, Brett was ranked, what? 16th? But the Arlofski fight was a serious match.

I'm aware Arlofski lost to Brett right after losing to Fedor, but he also didn't train nearly as seriously for the Rogers fight as he did for the Fedor fight.

Most rankings say otherwise' date=' but I guess you know better than all these noobs.[/quote']

yea but look @ his record his only loss was a fluke alot more tha Brock's loss(who tapped like a lil girl) Fedor would SUB Brock solely based off experience. Its mma tho Brock might KO him before it really bugs me 2 c people hate on Fedor he helped make mma plz give recognition where its due

Fedor doesnt need to prove himself to anyone because numbers dont lie. As how he would go in LHW he would do well i think but he wouldnt be as dominant the division is too stacked with good fighters.
What kind of BS is that?

Imagine if any top fighter started fighting cans at the end of their prime and said "I don't need to prove myself anymore".

That's pathetic. Being the best is something you always have to prove.

Lamest excuse from fans ever.

Its not just who he beat that makes him the best. Its the way he beats everyone. He destroyed Sylvia and Arlovski and everyone else. Theres no question who the number 1 heavyweight in the world is. Even all the other heavyweights say that its Fedor.

Careful with this though, it's not always that simple, and Brett had Fedor for 1 round, by this logic Fedor must not be all that great a fighter.

Careful with this though' date=' it's not always that simple, and Brett had Fedor for 1 round, by this logic Fedor must not be all that great a fighter.[/quote']

Brett Rodgers is very underrated and knowbody cant destroy everyone in the first round. Fights like this always come and he knocked Rodgers out in the second round so you cant complain with Fedors performance to much. You cant say hes not number 1 untill someone proves otherwise and beats him.

I love Fedor but Sylvia was never really that good' date=' and i dislike Lesnar but if any fighter got a hold of your leg you would tap as well[/quote']

word but he did hold the heavyweight belt more times than any one so i would hate to see real UFC fans abondon some one with that credential, or is he tied with The Natch? Either way Tim Sylvia Is legit IMO

What kind of BS is that?

Imagine if any top fighter started fighting cans at the end of their prime and said "I don't need to prove myself anymore".

That's pathetic. Being the best is something you always have to prove.

Lamest excuse from fans ever.

What do u mean cans? Fedor has proved his place and he beat the guys that were on top of UFC @ the Current time.were they cans?

yea i did because theres 2 many Fedor haterz like i said he has nothing 2 prove he can retire now and would leave mma with a better record than ne heavyweight has right?Not 2 mention how small he is 4 the weight class u guys watch 2 much Dana Interviews and not enough Fedor fights

oh ok lol i'm not debating/disagreeing with you, i just have never seen anyone do that.

Archived