I'd be more willing to pay for Vera vs Jones

Jokerslastlaugh

Then UFC 108 or 109.

To be honest I feel a little bad about not buying 108. I like Rashad a lot, and T. Silva is a good fighter, regardless of what I think of him. But I heard the fight was boring anyways.

And Couture vs. Coleman sounds like something I'd skip if it was free. No offense to older MMA fans who watch Couture for sentimental joy, but I am relatively new to MMA and I don't really care about him. Obviously though, that doesn't matter.

But, I don't think Couture should be the main event, until he proves himself worthy. Sure he's in the hall of fame and a former champion, but that's just it, former. People are shtting on Forrest Griffin now, and he used to be a Champion.

Last Couture fight I saw was vs Vera. Regardless of who I think SHOULD have won, Couture took a decision win. On a free event. Now he's a headliner on a main event. Doesn't make sense to me.

I don't think Vera vs Jones should be a headliner, but I'd defiantly pay for that over 108.

If I sound like an ignorant ranting idiot, I'm sorry. I am new to MMA and don't really know what I'm talking about. But then again, in the eyes of the UFC, I pay the same price for tickets or PPV events as everyone else, so my opinion is somewhat valid.

I agree that some of the main events have been lackluster, but at the same time it's setting up for some AMAZING cards. 110, 111, and 112 are shaping up to be un-real.

I thought Vera vs. Jones is an odd choice for a headliner even for a free event, personally I think the more recent Gonzaga vs Dos Santos match up should be the headliner. It's probably too late to change it as they already announced vera/jones as the headliner, but Gonzaga vs Dos Santos is WAY more headline worthy. Heck They're talking about Dos Santos getting a title shot and Gonzaga is a former No. 1 contender. They should get the headline.

As for Randy Couture, I'm a moderately recent fan who's only been paying really close attention since 100. One of the first match ups I saw before that was when Couture took on Tim Sylvia and knocked him on his titanic ****. It was amazing and I will always have respect for him.

UFC 109 relentless has a fair amount of decent fights on it and may have gotten some backlash from the injury ridden 108. There are a lot of decent fights on the card, but are any of those fights worthy of a headline? No. But which is the most worthy? Probably Couture vs. Coleman.

I'd look at 109 as a whole card and not as just a headliner. I really enjoy seeing marquardt and maia fight.

And I don't blame you for not wanting to pay 50 bucks for it though. What I like to do is find a local bar that's playing the fight, the cover charge is usually like 5 bucks and drink beer and watch fights for a lot cheaper. That way you can watch 109 without guilt.

Then spend your money at 110-112 it's going to be great.

i dont get how people can say couture and coleman is goign to be ****. 2 absolute legends of the sport which have recently beaten 2 pretty young guys (vera and bonnar). Its an old score to settle and if you think its going to be anything like couture vs vera then you are wrong. Coleman will not get controlled in the clinch as easily, i believe they will respect eachothers wrestling too much and just bang it out. Not to mention Marquadt (the number 1 contender in MW imo) and Maia an amazing bjj practitioner and a fight between serra and trigg. Easily beats 108 in terms of names. And think about 108 all of the fights shown on PPV were exciting.

In other words. Every UFC card has the potential to be amazing, dont regret not buying it because every fight has the potential to be fight of the year.

i dont get how people can say couture and coleman is goign to be ****. 2 absolute legends of the sport which have recently beaten 2 pretty young guys (vera and bonnar). Its an old score to settle and if you think its going to be anything like couture vs vera then you are wrong. Coleman will not get controlled in the clinch as easily' date=' i believe they will respect eachothers wrestling too much and just bang it out. Not to mention Marquadt (the number 1 contender in MW imo) and Maia an amazing bjj practitioner and a fight between serra and trigg. Easily beats 108 in terms of names. And think about 108 all of the fights shown on PPV were exciting.

In other words. Every UFC card has the potential to be amazing, dont regret not buying it because every fight has the potential to be fight of the year.[/quote']

+1 thanx i like 2 c that hardcore mma fans still excist

i live over the other side of australia and the tickets sold out in like 5 minutes anyway, so i'm bummed for that, would have loved to see nog beat can in real life, and for bisping to get smashed, and hopefully a cro cop come back. but it's free to air so it's not all bad...

Other than the main card 108 was a GREAT night of fights. Don't judge a card by it's headliners.

+1

Sure, I am looking forward to 110-112 a lot more than 109 but I will still buy 109 because the under card looks great. And call it boring or whatever, two hall of famers going at it is still exciting to me.

Plus like other people have said get a small group together, and split it, 10-15 bucks is not much to spend on a fight.

My bad when I posted I forgot to hit the:rolleyes: sarcastic button.

i just dont understand it its like fans r never satisfied. the,so called bad cards,end up being the best it comes down 2 wanting 2 c a REAL fight like Dana says ,as much as i hate him,if ur a fight fan u wanna c good fights right? then stop complaining and GO 2 A BAR

+1

Sure' date=' I am looking forward to 110-112 a lot more than 109 but I will still buy 109 because the under card looks great. And call it boring or whatever, two hall of famers going at it is still exciting to me.

Plus like other people have said get a small group together, and split it, 10-15 bucks is not much to spend on a fight.[/quote']

+1 thnx i will buy ne mma event just 4 mutual respect for these guy ive watched Yvel and Belfort live and believe me that fight sucked

Yea I buy em all so it doesnt matter to me cause I'm an addict but I know what your saying, goin with the whos hot atm method the vera/jones card is looking to be the better in that since, but I dont mind watching these legend bouts once in a while, you gotta take it for what its worth. Are these guys gonna make another run and top notch glory, probably not. But they were the top of the food chain at one point and brought great respect to the sport in there days and I for one dont mind watchin these two hook it up. People might wanna quit countin Coleman out, hes still a strong strong man. Early fight goes to Coleman, if it makes it more than a few minutes in the second hes gonna gas and good ole Randy has a better gas tank than anyone somehow still.

Yea I buy em all so it doesnt matter to me cause I'm an addict but I know what your saying' date=' goin with the whos hot atm method the vera/jones card is looking to be the better in that since, but I dont mind watching these legend bouts once in a while, you gotta take it for what its worth. Are these guys gonna make another run and top notch glory, probably not. But they were the top of the food chain at one point and brought great respect to the sport in there days and I for one dont mind watchin these two hook it up. People might wanna quit countin Coleman out, hes still a strong strong man. Early fight goes to Coleman, if it makes it more than a few minutes in the second hes gonna gas and good ole Randy has a better gas tank than anyone somehow still.[/quote'] +1 thanx i hate when people r expecting a block buster fight like Wandy and Chuck which could've easily headlined an event better than Evans or Jardine(i live around both BTW)

You can't judge a card but the names on it. It's usually the up and comers who put on the most exciting fights. I know it's easier to get excited for the names that you recognize but don't miss a great night of fights because the headliner isn't a huge fight. Headline fights tend to disappoint anyway. Of course I always go to Hooters to watch all the fights so I'm not dropping my money on the PPV. I would rather spend that same money on food and drinks for the night and watch the fights for free.

i just dont understand it its like fans r never satisfied. the' date='so called bad cards,end up being the best it comes down 2 wanting 2 c a REAL fight like Dana says ,as much as i hate him,if ur a fight fan u wanna c good fights right? then stop complaining and GO 2 A BAR[/quote']

In my first post in this thread I was being sarcastic:rolleyes:

Archived