Roy Nelson vs. Stefan Struve set for UFN 21, which is now on March 31

ricoj3323

TUF 10 winner Roy Nelson will face Stefan Struve in a heavyweight bout slated for the televised portion of the UFC Fight Night 21 card.

for those who are confused about UFC Fight Night 21's date, here is some clarity

March 31's UFC Fight Night 21 used to be UFC Fight Night 22, however the UFC has recently renamed March 21's UFC Fight Night 21 to "UFC on Versus." Hence the reason UFC Fight Night 22 in North Carolina is now UFC Fight Night 21.

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/TUF-10-winner-Roy-Nelson-to-face-Stefan-Struve-at-UFC-Fight-Night-21-on-March-31.html

Guy with the shortest reach in the HW division vs the guy with the longest reach in the HW division... Should be interesting...

I think Roy has alot more skill. Anyone he's ever fought at HW has outreached him. Stephan will be a fight like every other opponent, except slower. I'm predicting Roy will Drag him down and make him tap. Front belly choke.

Umm.. Struve has 22 pro fights. Nelson only has 18 lol.

He may be young' date=' but he has the experience.

Struve is 3-1 in the UFC. His only loss was his debut against Junior Dos Santos.

This fight could go either way. I hope Struve wins.[/quote']

ADCC Submission Wrestling World Championship <<< Experience.

I got nothin against Nelson other than he almost uses his weight as to say look i'm disadvantaged and I still win which is annoying. I wanna see Struve go far in this sport, hes got work to do but hes a fresh angle to the heavyweight division. Struve has talent on the ground too so I dont think that just because Nelson gets it to the ground that its his fight, Struve has the best build in the divison for sub's, he can get stuff that most people at that weight just dont have the flexibility for, Nelson may have a bit more power in his hands but Struve is fairly technical and his height should make him hard to get a real good power shot in on. I think we will see Struve finish this one in the 2nd round via sub or gnp.

I've never backed Roy Nelson in a fight before because I can't stand him but I must admit that I think he will win this fight. I think Struve is highly overrated and won't be able to handle someone with the technical skills of Nelson. It should make for an interesting ground battle though. If Nelson can't take out Struve then he has no business being in the UFC heavyweight division.

A reach advantage doesn't help that much if nobody is afraid of being hit by you. Nelso has a good chin and will NO DOUBT get the clinch. After which he will NO DOUBT take Struve down. I'm rooting for Struve to lock in a sub on the ground, but Roy is slick on the ground. Nelson via decision.

Struve's submission skills are nothing to be taken lightly. Stefan Struve is one of those fighters who will gladly pull an opponent on top of him just to start working on a submission.

If Roy Nelson has any brains he'll try to keep this fight standing in which case he'll have a significant advantage, but at the same time he's going to have a lot of trouble landing any clean shots on Struve's chin.

I'm looking for Struve to finish this fight via submission.

WOw nice first matchup for Roy. I have to admit. I thought we?d be seeing roy fight way down in the lesser tier of HWs but this matchup is kinda interesting. Both have great BJJ, so this match will be quite a spectacle if ti goes to the ground. Hard to say who's gonna win, but I`m leaning towards Roy, not that I like him, but becasue he?s more versed, and will take him to the ground as soon as possible with Stefans long reach. PLus he has better cardio then Struve. He gassed out so fast in his last bout it wasn?t even funny.

Should be an interesting fight. I wish Nelson would cut down to 205. I think he presence there would be much more interesting. His heavy hands and ground skills would be more of a force at 205 than it is in the HW division. Its just hard to imagine him really giving the top 5-6 heavy weights any problems.

Should be an interesting fight. I wish Nelson would cut down to 205. I think he presence there would be much more interesting. His heavy hands and ground skills would be more of a force at 205 than it is in the HW division. Its just hard to imagine him really giving the top 5-6 heavy weights any problems.

Its kinda hard to cut 60 pounds to make weight haha

But I honestly think Roy has this....that punch to Shaubs temple was devastating

Its kinda hard to cut 60 pounds to make weight haha

But I honestly think Roy has this....that punch to Shaubs temple was devastating

I meant a permanent cut, like losses the belly fatty, Nelson isn't 260lbs of almost pure muscle like Mir, Lesner and Carwin or even 240 like Kongo and JDS. He's a 205lber with 50+lbs of jelly roll.

I think he is a good fighter with well rounded skills that could be a force at 205.

Roy Nelson without even breaking a real sweat. I know Struve can fight. But I've watched Roy Nelson fight for a while now. Roy hasn't played all of his cards yet, the UFC hasn't seen how good this guy actually is. Since coming to the UFC TUF he's won every fight and made it look easy. UFC hasn't even come close to challenging him yet. Struve will be no different. I'm not saying he's top 5, but he's a damn solid fighter. Roy is here to prove he's legit. I'm no fan boy, but I do respect his abilities.

Outside of Junior Dos Santos Struve has fought no one with any name.

Roy Nelsons has fought: All very talented fighters.

Ben Rothwell

Fabiano Scherner

Brad Imes

Arlovsky

and Jeff Monson

Roy Nelson without even breaking a real sweat. I know Struve can fight. But I've watched Roy Nelson fight for a while now. Roy hasn't played all of his cards yet' date=' the UFC hasn't seen how good this guy actually is. Since coming to the UFC TUF he's won every fight and made it look easy. UFC hasn't even come close to challenging him yet. Struve will be no different. I'm not saying he's top 5, but he's a damn solid fighter. Roy is here to prove he's legit. I'm no fan boy, but I do respect his abilities.

Outside of Junior Dos Santos Struve has fought no one with any name.

Roy Nelsons has fought: All very talented fighters.

Ben Rothwell

Fabiano Scherner

Brad Imes

Arlovsky

and Jeff Monson[/quote']

Roy will get rocked by any of the top heavyweights he shouldnt even had been on TUF with the number of fights that he had.

Struve is a tomato can. Whenever he has fought the UFC top brass he's been KO'ed. I don't think he will last more then one round with Nelson, as Nelson has a MUCH better ground game.

It'll basically be another crucifix like hold from Nelson, and ground and pound. Oh, and afterwards Struve will say that the ref stopped it prematurely, as he did when Dos Santos pounded his face in.

Struve is a tomato can. Whenever he has fought the UFC top brass he's been KO'ed. I don't think he will last more then one round with Nelson' date=' as Nelson has a MUCH better ground game.

It'll basically be another crucifix like hold from Nelson, and ground and pound. Oh, and afterwards Struve will say that the ref stopped it prematurely, as he did when Dos Santos pounded his face in.[/quote']

you are a geniune noob and know nothin if you think Struve is a can. Its fans like you who ruin the sport

Archived