Am i the only one

Jonesy77

Maynard should lose rank for this crap, I'm not sayin Diaz isnt a good opponent but that standup was shoddy. I've trained with guys that have way crisper striking than this and were all amateur level at best. I know these guys have better overall games but they had no intention of proving it and if Maynard wants to be a contender he shouldnt be afraid to GNP a guy that Guida and Stevenson who are much lower ranked than him were willing to do that to. Was the worst fight of the night by far, either of the guys in the event before them would have smashed them if they fought like that.

I personally thought Diaz was winning the fight..

Errrr, ummm..... Ok.....

There was no point in that fight where Diaz was really winning. Maynard was FAR from dominant, but Diaz didn't win the first two round in any way shape form of fashion. Maynard lost focus playing into Diazs game and still beat him. If Maynard would have stayed better focused it would have been a mauling.

Errrr' date=' ummm..... Ok.....

There was no point in that fight where Diaz was really winning. Maynard was FAR from dominant, but Diaz didn't win the first two round in any way shape form of fashion. Maynard lost focus playing into Diazs game and still beat him. If Maynard would have stayed better focused it would have been a mauling.[/quote']

Maynard was swinging to knock his head off. Wasn't going for technique that he normally uses. If they are to fight again, Maynard would give him more of a beating.

Archived