The most dominant hall of famer is Bj Penn

Netcard@hotmail.com

Sure Chuck and Randy are good but they had alot of spectacle fights and Randy is dominant, he had many pitfalls. Chuck had a chance to beat on some faded opponents like Vernon and Horn and took alot of credit for beating Tito up over and over.

Anderson Silva gets a title shot after one match and has a history of lesser opponents like Leites, Cote, Leben, and the Sandman. His defeat of Rich twice is his best highlight and that follows beating a very formidable Nate The great and maybe Lutter. Anderson is Likely as great a champion as Bj Penn but he is missing one thing. Bj has been in the UFC longer, gained 2 belts from 2 divs, and has fought alot of competitors who were at the time seen as competent and very formidable. Like Bj, Anderson Definatly made his opponents look novice, even though some werent too far from being just that.

Brock is new and so is Lyoto.

GSP is locked in his weight class and doesnt aspire for much else at the moment and most of all, he is extremely oversized for WW div.

Bj Penn owns all

GSP is locked in his weight class and doesnt aspire for much else at the moment and most of all' date=' he is extremely oversized for WW div.

[/quote']

I wouldn't say his extremely oversized, I mean look at his last fight against alves and have you seen rumble vs kos?

Sure Chuck and Randy are good but they had alot of spectacle fights and Randy is dominant' date=' he had many pitfalls. Chuck had a chance to beat on some faded opponents like Vernon and Horn and took alot of credit for beating Tito up over and over.

Anderson Silva gets a title shot after one match and has a history of lesser opponents like Leites, Cote, Leben, and the Sandman. His defeat of Rich twice is his best highlight and that follows beating a very formidable Nate The great and maybe Lutter. Anderson is Likely as great a champion as Bj Penn but he is missing one thing. Bj has been in the UFC longer, gained 2 belts from 2 divs, and has fought alot of competitors who were at the time seen as competent and very formidable. Like Bj, Anderson Definatly made his opponents look novice, even though some werent too far from being just that.

GSP is locked in his weight class and doesnt aspire for much else at the moment and most of all, he is extremely oversized for WW div.

Bj Penn owns all[/quote']

I'd say GSP is the more dominant fighter. GSP has barely ever even been put on his back. Still only has 2 losses. 1 fight (Hughes) he was at the time winning and the second fight he was caught. Both fights he more than avenged. To say anyone is oversized for their weight class is BS. If you make weight than you are just as deserving as anyone to fight in that weight class. BJ is probably #2. Silva is up there but he just doesn't bring the fight to people enough if they don't fight his way. GSP will bring the fight to you how ever needed and so will BJ. The only division I think you can say "oversized" is the heavy weight division. Not so much due to the fighters fault (Although I can't stand Brock, it's not his fault that he's bigger than nearly everyone), but the fight commision/UFC need to get together and split the HW division in 2. But that a whole different topic and there are many threads on that.

At the end my pics for most dominant fighters in history/current goes like this.

1. GSP

2. BJ Penn

3. Chuck Liddell

4. Anderson Silva

its between penn and silva. penn was realtively unsuccessful at jumping up in weight. silva has proved he can fight anyone even at 205. its anderson silva hands down

I wouldnt say he is unsuccessful at jumping up in weight class because he was the WW champion. Silva has not been the LHW champion... yet

Honestly BJ Penn doesn't compare to Anderson Silva as far as I'm concerned.

Just look at what happens when Anderson Silva fights above his weight class, then look at what happens when BJ Penn does it.

And you completely forgot Anderson's toughest opponent in the UFC, Hendo.

So, youre saying that a guy that makes good fighters look like ameteurs means they are amateur? I think it means that Anderson Silva is that good. I dont like the way he fights, or some of the things that come out of his camp, but I respect his skill. BJ cant defeat GSP, so I dont know how that makes him better than GSP, and I agree with you about Brock, but not Lyoto.

Most dominant all time in the UFC's history for me:

1. George St Pierre (Mor than avenged both losses on his record)

2. Anderson Silva (Makes people simply look bad... bad man)

3. Matt Hughes (Simply the most dominant fighter before "Rush" St. Pierre)

4. BJ Penn (because he lost to two of the top three, Im just sayin)

5. Chuck Liddell (Until his "Rockstar" status... Do I need to explain)

6. Lyoto Machida (Never lost a round until the two Shogun dished out)

7. Rich Franklin (noone could beat him until Silva)

8. Randy Couture (Gameplan genious, but lost a lot of fights)

9. Tito Ortiz (only becase he is the longest reigning LHW Champ)

10. Royce Gracie (Just f***ing because)

Anderson Silva has to be the most dominant. He is the only one between GSP, Penn and Anderson that has been able to move up in weight and dominate former champs in humiliating fashion. All three of them are obviously great but Anderson has been able to make good 185s and 205s look like they don't belong in the ring with him. Penn does that at 155 but struggles at 170. GSP is a beast but he has just dominated his division, which is fine but you can't really put him above Silva who has been successful at multiple weight classes.

Sure Chuck and Randy are good but they had alot of spectacle fights and Randy is dominant' date=' he had many pitfalls. Chuck had a chance to beat on some faded opponents like Vernon and Horn and took alot of credit for beating Tito up over and over.

is that your email? can i send you one?

lol yeah your a moron, why dont you wait until he gets into the HOF first...and even then it would probably be a toss up between him and Anderson if they both get there.

So' date=' youre saying that a guy that makes good fighters look like ameteurs means they are amateur? I think it means that Anderson Silva is that good. I dont like the way he fights, or some of the things that come out of his camp, but I respect his skill. BJ cant defeat GSP, so I dont know how that makes him better than GSP, and I agree with you about Brock, but not Lyoto.

Most dominant all time in the UFC's history for me:

1. George St Pierre (Mor than avenged both losses on his record)

2. Anderson Silva (Makes people simply look bad... bad man)

3. Matt Hughes (Simply the most dominant fighter before "Rush" St. Pierre)

4. BJ Penn (because he lost to two of the top three, Im just sayin)

5. Chuck Liddell (Until his "Rockstar" status... Do I need to explain)

6. Lyoto Machida (Never lost a round until the two Shogun dished out)

7. Rich Franklin (noone could beat him until Silva)

8. Randy Couture (Gameplan genious, but lost a lot of fights)

9. Tito Ortiz (only becase he is the longest reigning LHW Champ)

10. Royce Gracie (Just f***ing because)[/quote']

I like your rankings, but the Rich Franklin one is a joke, until he makes another run at the belt, which I doubt the UFC will let him do.

Give GSP some time. If he doesn't go the Olympic wrestling route I think we will see him in some fights at MW after he finished cleaning out the WW Div.

The biggest problem he is going to have is the WW division keeps producing potential. Much more than MW or LW is right now. Dana has stated with both him and BJ that there is contenders left in their weight class ( although for Penn not so much). Silva got fights at 205 because there was no one ready at 185 to give him competition at that point. Short of vacating his title to move up no way Dana gives him a MW fight until he beats Hardy, winner of Daley/Kos and probably Fitch one more time.

GSP has said in the past if he went to MW he would do it properly. Not that long ago his walk around weight was in the 180s where your avg MW fighter is walking around 200+. Rumor mill has is GSP is walking around 190-195 now.

I like your rankings' date=' but the Rich Franklin one is a joke, until he makes another run at the belt, which I doubt the UFC will let him do.[/quote']

I put him in there because he was unstoppable until Anderson Silva showed up. People were saying about Rich Franklin what they say about all guys, "I dont know if anybody can beat this guy right now." Wich makes him one of the more dominating fellas in the UFC's past.

Outside of the UFC and overall the most dominant fighter is Fedor, obviously..

But the most dominant fighter in their own weight class has to be A.Silva.

Both BJ and GSP has gone fights wich have went the distance many times,

Nobody dominates like A.Silva.

Who has BJ beat that is better than GSP? An old washed up Jens Pulver and old Sean Sherk. An overrated Diego. Joe Stevenson isn't on his level. The only person you can give him that much credit for beating is KenFlo.

Wow, is that you BJ?

Let me break down your post for you.

1. Bj is NOT the most dominate anything when it comes to MMA. (Well, maybe most dominate trash talker and excuse maker)

2. Bj is not even close to being on the same Level as GSP, Anderson Silva, Fedor. Those are the TOP 3 p4p in the world.

3. Record - Look at Bj's record. He has the worst record with the most loses over any other title holder in the UFC! In fact he has more loses than GSP, Fedor, Lesnar and Machida combined! So get off it dude, you are delusional.

4. Bj got the a$$ kicking of 2009 by GSP! He was dominated so badly that he QUIT!

5. Bj has never beat anyone bigger than him. Never! ALL the other Champs have.

6. GSP is not a big WW like you stated. In fact he is small. Everyone he fights is almost always bigger, and GSP still dominates!

So no, Bj does not own all. He has to stay at LW because he can not cut it at WW, where he will get smashed by any top 5 WW.

Who has BJ beat that is better than GSP? An old washed up Jens Pulver and old Sean Sherk. An overrated Diego. Joe Stevenson isn't on his level. The only person you can give him that much credit for beating is KenFlo.

I'm not a big Penn fan but you have to look back a bit and put it in perspective.

He beat Din Thomas when Din was 13-1 and the next big thing.

Ended Matt Hughes 13 fight win streak.Beat Gomi.

The only losses he has in the last 7 years (outside fighting a 220lb Machida to decision) were to arguable the two best WW fighters to ever enter the cage.

Despite what you think of the level of competition he has faced the fact are he HAS won the fights he should have in dominant fashion.

The UFC HoF is new and the fighters who have been inducted are not as well rounded as the fighters of today, but they did help to make the UFC what it is today and deserve to be there for that reason. BJ will be in the HoF so hold yer taters there son.

p.s. GSP is an average sized WW @ 5'10" and 185 lbs (last fight)

Archived