Check this article out.. it is crazy!

Fast

I came across this article and stand in bewilderment! Who in the world does this school system think they are?

MESQUITE, Texas ? The Associated Press

Published on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010 11:44AM EST

Last updated on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010 11:45AM EST

The parents of a four-year-old boy disciplined for having long hair have rejected a compromise from a Texas school board that agreed to adjust its grooming policy.

The impasse means pre-kindergartner Taylor Pugh will remain in in-school suspension, sitting alone with a teacher's aide in a library. He has been sequestered from classmates at Floyd Elementary School in Mesquite, a Dallas suburb, since late November.

After a closed-door meeting Monday, the Mesquite school board decided the boy could wear his hair in tight braids but keep it no longer than his ears. But his parents say the adjustment isn't enough for Taylor, who wears his hair long, covering his earlobes and shirt collar.

His mother, Elizabeth Taylor, said she'll pull back Taylor's hair in a ponytail, acknowledging the style will keep him suspended.

?If I braid his hair, his scalp will bleed and his hair will break,? Elizabeth Taylor said after the meeting.

According to the district dress code, boys' hair must be kept out of the eyes and cannot extend below the bottom of earlobes or over the collar of a dress shirt. Fads in hairstyles ?designed to attract attention to the individual or to disrupt the orderly conduct of the classroom or campus is not permitted,? the policy states.

The district is known for standing tough on its dress code. Last year, a seventh-grader was sent home for wearing black skinny pants. His parents chose to home-school him.

On its website, the district says its code is in place because ?students who dress and groom themselves neatly, and in an acceptable and appropriate manner, are more likely to become constructive members of the society in which we live.?

Ms. Taylor said her fight is not over. She and her husband are considering taking the district to court or appealing to the State Board of Education.

?I know that there are a whole set of steps we can take,? she said.

this isnt cnn its the ufc. wrong website buddy

If I were to count how many times per day we have to correct people like you, it would number in the twenties, kinda like your post count. Considering that I will let you off the hook.

Don't ever again enter one of my threads and say something like that;)

Don't speak while adults are speaking, dork.

RE the article: This is complete bullsh*t. Wow, a boy wants to make himself different to draw attention to himself? What is the world coming to??!

The people need to focus on providing a good education to the students & stop focusing on hairstyles & clothing. As long as nothing is profane, children should be allowed to express themselves through hairstyle, dress, or whatever. If you let them know you hate it, they will want to do more. If you act like nothing is wrong or strange they will quickly move on to the next fad.

Simple.

good points' date=' i agree with the argument, but wrong site. i wouldnt post mma **** on your kitty cat blogs[/quote']

This is not even worth the time or energy it would take to set you straight.

I see no problem with the kid wanting to have his hair the way he likes. I wonder if they would do the same to a kid who had his pants on the ground?

There is something wrong with Public Schools' date='Private Schools and Home Schooling.

Something like this doesn't suprise me at all.

They should just cut his hair, it's not gonna kill him not having long hair.[/quote']

I disagree, even though personally I do not like long hair for myself, and I also work in a school system where different things appeal to different people. It is not my job or the job of the School Division to dictate what length someone wears their hair. Where is the choice in this and How is this choice left up to the school? We have a dress code at the school and it works, student's cannot wear shirts that support any kind of beer and their pants must be pulled up, no chains on pants ect; THis is for safety reasons. Not once though could we even think about telling a kid they must cut their hair. We may suggest it, but if they chose not to then it is up to them.

I think they parent is right, it is her decision what length her childs hair should be, and by punishing the PRE-K kid for this is only hurting the learning of the kid. He is put in isolation away from the other student's and where learning is taken place. The School system is in the wrong in this circumstance, and the court will side with the parents on this, trust me.

How is the boy attempting to make himself different? He is in Pre-K and is 4 to 5 years old.

At my school long hair was a trend for the past few years and now more students are cutting their hair. Either way short hair nor long hair is a distraction nor does it interfere with learning. Our Val Victorian last year had long hair.

This is not even worth the time or energy it would take to set you straight.

I see no problem with the kid wanting to have his hair the way he likes. I wonder if they would do the same to a kid who had his pants on the ground?

True, but the sagging pants is a different issue considering we cannot allow students to walk around with their underwear exposed. That is not telling someone how to dress it is saying you can wear whatever pants you decide to wear but they must not be sagging and expose your underwear.

The running back for the Ravens once said he loves Ray Lewis, he spoke of the time when he first arrived, he walks in and his pants were sagging and Lewis looked at him and said boy pull your pants up you are in the NFL now. lol

True' date=' but the sagging pants is a different issue considering we cannot allow students to walk around with their underwear exposed. That is not telling someone how to dress it is saying you can wear whatever pants you decide to wear but they must not be sagging and expose your underwear.

The running back for the Ravens once said he loves Ray Lewis, he spoke of the time when he first arrived, he walks in and his pants were sagging and Lewis looked at him and said boy pull your pants up you are in the NFL now. lol[/quote']

I was trying to be funny. You had to watch American Idol Wednesday night to get the joke.

Most schools these days have rules and dress-codes to help prepare kids for the work place. I really don't think its a big deal. They know the rules and choose not to follow them. As such, the school has the right to take action. They are not denying him his education, just making him get it while in ISS. These parent are freaking stupid IMO. They are basically saying "do whatever you want" and thats a bad attitude to have. Whats he gonna do when he gets out of school? If this were in the real world, he would be a jobless bum. Nobody is going to hire him with this attitude. Being yourself is fine, but sometimes you have to conform. Its a fact of life and the sooner he learns it the better off he'll be. His parents may think they are supporting him, but in the big picture they are hurting him.

Well, I once knew a girl that had bright orange liberty spikes, she got told she had to wear her hair down, so she did things are alot easier if you stop trying to rebel in every aspect of society. The parents shouldn't be so fussy about it, when he grows up he can have his hair however he likes doesn't mean he will get a job with a rainbow mohawk.

Most schools these days have rules and dress-codes to help prepare kids for the work place. I really don't think its a big deal. They know the rules and choose not to follow them. As such' date=' the school has the right to take action. They are not denying him his education, just making him get it while in ISS. These parent are freaking stupid IMO. They are basically saying "do whatever you want" and thats a bad attitude to have. Whats he gonna do when he gets out of school? If this were in the real world, he would be a jobless bum. Nobody is going to hire him with this attitude. Being yourself is fine, but sometimes you have to conform. Its a fact of life and the sooner he learns it the better off he'll be. His parents may think they are supporting him, but in the big picture they are hurting him.[/quote']

What? This kid is 4 years old or 5 at the most, he is in PRE-K. And why I agree on certain points you made we as a school system cannot dictate the length of someones hair. With that logic we would be saying that men with long hair cannot be succesful, which is not true. It is not a real big deal, you are right, but it is a pricipal of the matter and the school has over stepped their bounds here. It si not a private school, it is a public school i woudl assume or the article would not have been made. A private school holds a right to make such decisions, but not a public school.

Here si the thing, you wear your hair a certain way because that is what you like and I do the same and no one should tell me to cut it. Wouldnt that be sterotyping boys with long hair or shoudl they make the girls cut their hair as well?

Well' date=' I once knew a girl that had bright orange liberty spikes, she got told she had to wear her hair down, so she did things are alot easier if you stop trying to rebel in every aspect of society. The parents shouldn't be so fussy about it, when he grows up he can have his hair however he likes doesn't mean he will get a job with a rainbow mohawk.[/quote']

I see your point and it is a good one. I do not desire my kids to have mowhawks or long hair, but I am the parent and can dictate that until they become of age, a school system cannot do that. Check this out, I have a lot of friends that have tattoos, now tattos gets a bad rap and is associated with thugness, but in reality nice and successful guys have them as well.

I see your point and it is a good one. I do not desire my kids to have mowhawks or long hair' date=' but I am the parent and can dictate that until they become of age, a school system cannot do that. Check this out, I ahve a lot of friends that have tattoos, now tattos gets a bad rap and is associated with thugness, but in reality nice and successful guys have them as well.[/quote']

Over here is Scotland, Tattoos are acceptable aslong as they aren't on the face,hands or i think it's forearms. Majority of my friends have ink done, but while wearing work attire you don't see it. I think it's down to the promotion of a friendly face and example would be if someone has a joke type tattoo that other's may find offensive. I myself have ink on my upper back shoulder you don't see it with a shirt on you know.

Over here is Scotland' date=' Tattoos are acceptable aslong as they aren't on the face,hands or i think it's forearms. Majority of my friends have ink done, but while wearing work attire you don't see it. I think it's down to the promotion of a friendly face and example would be if someone has a joke type tattoo that other's may find offensive. I myself have ink on my upper back shoulder you don't see it with a shirt on you know.[/quote']

True, but here in America it is frowned upon in most places. That is not the point there here, when the 4 year old gets older he will be judged by society jsut as we all are, but for now he is in a scholl, a public school and his mother chooses to not cut his hair. The moral of the story is, it is none of the schools business and they should refrain from punishing the kid and taking him away from the learning enviorment that the other kids with short hair are getting. I work in a school system and have for years and I can tell you this is not going to be good for the school. Now if the kid had a volgar shirt on or wore his pants down to his knees then the school has a right to tell him to change the clothes considering he would be walking around half naked and the shirt is presenting vulgar things, but to say hey cut your hair because boys should not ahve long hair is over stepping line. Again should the girls with long hair be ask to cut their hair? If not it can be clearly seen it is not the hair that is the problem, but the long hair on the "boy" is the problem.

True' date=' but here in America it is frowned upon in most places. That is not the point there here, when the 4 year old gets older he will be judged by society jsut as we all are, but for now he is in a scholl, a public school and his mother chooses to not cut his hair. The moral of the story is, it is none of the schools business and they should refrain from punishing the kid and taking him away from the learning enviorment that the other kids with short hair are getting. I work in a school system and have for years and I can tell you this is not going to be good for the school. Now if the kid had a volgar shirt on or wore his pants down to his knees then the school has a right to tell him to change the clothes considering he would be walking around half naked and the shirt is presenting vulgar things, but to say hey cut your hair because boys should not ahve long hair is over stepping line. Again should the girls with long hair be ask to cut their hair? If not it can be clearly seen it is not the hair that is the problem, but the long hair on the "boy" is the problem.[/quote']

Yeh i understand your point they are not subjecting the girls to the same rules as the boys, making it seem unfair. I still say it's easier for a boy to cut his hair than a girl too.

What? This kid is 4 years old or 5 at the most' date=' he is in PRE-K. And why I agree on certain points you made we as a school system cannot dictate the length of someones hair. With that logic we would be saying that men with long hair cannot be succesful, which is not true. It is not a real big deal, you are right, but it is a pricipal of the matter and the school has over stepped their bounds here. It si not a private school, it is a public school i woudl assume or the article would not have been made. A private school holds a right to make such decisions, but not a public school.

Here si the thing, you wear your hair a certain way because that is what you like and I do the same and no one should tell me to cut it. Wouldnt that be sterotyping boys with long hair or shoudl they make the girls cut their hair as well?[/quote']

Whats more important......getting your eduacation or a few inches of hair? Trying to go to school with it long is all fine and good, but once they started putting him in ISS everyday the parents should have just cut his hair or moved him to a different school. They are making a something that is trivial into some huge issue when it doesn't have to be. The same could be said for the school too, but its their choice. If it was wrong the schoolboard wouldn't have approved the rule in the first place. Its just fighting the system when there is really no need. Its petty and retarded IMO

If a figure or body of authority, such as a school board, lays out a set of rules, why do parents feel the need to try and flout these rules. You want your child to be educated, then these are the criteria you have to meet in order for us to help with the development of your child's education.

Yeh i understand your point they are not subjecting the girls to the same rules as the boys' date=' making it seem unfair. I still say it's easier for a boy to cut his hair than a girl too.[/quote']

Yes that is true, that girls wear long hair and boys short, normally. See they say the problem is it is a distraction , but their real reason could be they do not think boys should ahve long hair.And that is none of their concern.

Whats more important......getting your eduacation or a few inches of hair? Trying to go to school with it long is all fine and good' date=' but once they started putting him in ISS everyday the parents should have just cut his hair or moved him to a different school. They are making a something that is trivial into some huge issue when it doesn't have to be. The same could be said for the school too, but its their choice. If it was wrong the schoolboard wouldn't have approved the rule in the first place. Its just fighting the system when there is really no need. Its petty and retarded IMO[/quote']

Getting your education is more important. What is more important? Wearing your hair how you prefer or allowing the school to dictate how you will wear it or else? That is my point here. So we should just bow to unjust rules becuse the school board deemed it right to do? We have a school board as well and they would not allow that rule, considering it oversteps the line.

I understand where you are coming from and would probably as a parent do what you suggested, but do you think it is justified, a public school telling you how you should wear your hair?

If a figure or body of authority' date=' such as a school board, lays out a set of rules, why do parents feel the need to try and flout these rules. You want your child to be educated, then these are the criteria you have to meet in order for us to help with the development of your child's education.[/quote']

I am for rules and I am governed by them considering I work for a school system. I would never lead the charge in something that was just, but this is not justified, and they are punishing a boy in PRE-K for having longer hair. lol

1)Whats more important......getting your eduacation or a few inches of hair?

2) If it was wrong the schoolboard wouldn't have approved the rule in the first place. Its just fighting the system when there is really no need. Its petty and retarded IMO

1) How about the right to make the choice about your childs hair length? The "long hair is disruptive to the learning environment" excuse is complete bullsh*t. I bet this school district is in a rural area of Texas where "decent folks don't let their kids run around looking like girls". Complete bullsh*t. Focus on education, that is what you were elected to do, ****.

2) So school boards are incapable of approving rules that are "wrong"? Please tell me you are joking. Where I live, the school board decided it would be a great idea to bus kids half-way across the county instead of letting them go to the school that is 2 blocks from their house. This was done in the name of "diversity". Makes me want to go postal. :mad:

It is the school board, not the parents, that are making a mountain out of a mole-hill.

1) How about the right to make the choice about your childs hair length? The "long hair is disruptive to the learning environment" excuse is complete bullsh*t. I bet this school district is in a rural area of Texas where "decent folks don't let their kids run around looking like girls". Complete bullsh*t. Focus on education' date=' that is what you were elected to do, ****.

2) So school boards are incapable of approving rules that are "wrong"? Please tell me you are joking. Where I live, the school board decided it would be a great idea to bus kids half-way across the county instead of letting them go to the school that is 2 blocks from their house. This was done in the name of "diversity". Makes me want to go postal. :mad:

[b']It is the school board, not the parents, that are making a mountain out of a mole-hill[/b].

I can't agree with this. If a school has a pre existing set of requirements in place, no matter how petty, then the parents are the ones who are deliberately fighting the system.

1) How about the right to make the choice about your childs hair length? The "long hair is disruptive to the learning environment" excuse is complete bullsh*t. I bet this school district is in a rural area of Texas where "decent folks don't let their kids run around looking like girls". Complete bullsh*t. Focus on education' date=' that is what you were elected to do, ****.

It is the school board, not the parents, that are making a mountain out of a mole-hill.[/quote']

I agree^^^^

I can't agree with this. If a school has a pre existing set of requirements in place' date=' no matter how petty, then the parents are the ones who are deliberately fighting the system.[/quote']

It is unjust and not the concern of the school board. The length of the hair has nothing to do with learning. It is a requirement that is put on the person that is not justified, GA hit the nail on the head with his post.

I wouldnt think so' date=' I know religious people who have long hair. Just making a point, do not make this a religious thread.[/quote']

Not intending to, but many of these dress codes and rules on image are directly related to groups of people led by religious belief - not just one faith, many. I've seen it first hand numerous times. I could be way off on this one, but I have seen it in person.

Getting your education is more important. What is more important? Wearing your hair how you prefer or allowing the school to dictate how you will wear it or else? That is my point here. So we should just bow to unjust rules becuse the school board deemed it right to do? We have a school board as well and they would not allow that rule' date=' considering it oversteps the line.

I understand where you are coming from and would probably as a parent do what you suggested, but do you think it is justified, a public school telling you how you should wear your hair?[/quote']

Its not unjust IMO. Its part of a dress-code which is well within the rights of the school to do. If you are so attached to your freakin hair that your world is going to explode if you lose an inch or two then you have FAR bigger issues than some dress code

They aren't asking him to have a crew cut, just cut it to were its at ear length or above. Its a non-issue that is being made into a big deal by stupid **** parents because childern run families these days. Its total BS. I could see ME doing this back in the day LOLOLOL...."Dad, I don't wanna cut my hair"...."Shut your mouth, get in the chair and get your hair cut, if you keep talking you'll go in bald!"

Parents need to realize that you need to pick and choose your battles....this one is just stupid and serves no purpose whatsoever. Just shut up, cut your damn hair, and go LEARN....thats why you're there

Its not unjust IMO. Its part of a dress-code which is well within the rights of the school to do. If you are so attached to your freakin hair that your world is going to explode if you lose an inch or two then you have FAR bigger issues than some dress code

They aren't asking him to have a crew cut' date=' just cut it to were its at ear length or above. Its a non-issue that is being made into a big deal by stupid **** parents because childern run families these days. Its total BS. I could see ME doing this back in the day LOLOLOL...."Dad, I don't wanna cut my hair"...."Shut your mouth, get in the chair and get your hair cut, if you keep talking you'll go in bald!"

Parents need to realize that you need to pick and choose your battles....this one is just stupid and serves no purpose whatsoever. Just shut up, cut your damn hair, and go LEARN....thats why you're there[/quote']

I disagree on the grounds that it is not up to the school to dictate hair length, dress code yes, but not hair length.

I came across this article and stand in bewilderment! Who in the world does this school system think they are?

MESQUITE' date=' Texas ? The Associated Press

Published on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010 11:44AM EST

Last updated on Tuesday, Jan. 12, 2010 11:45AM EST

The parents of a four-year-old boy disciplined for having long hair have rejected a compromise from a Texas school board that agreed to adjust its grooming policy.

The impasse means pre-kindergartner Taylor Pugh will remain in in-school suspension, sitting alone with a teacher's aide in a library. He has been sequestered from classmates at Floyd Elementary School in Mesquite, a Dallas suburb, since late November.

After a closed-door meeting Monday, the Mesquite school board decided the boy could wear his hair in tight braids but keep it no longer than his ears. But his parents say the adjustment isn't enough for Taylor, who wears his hair long, covering his earlobes and shirt collar.

His mother, Elizabeth Taylor, said she'll pull back Taylor's hair in a ponytail, acknowledging the style will keep him suspended.

?If I braid his hair, his scalp will bleed and his hair will break,? Elizabeth Taylor said after the meeting.

According to the district dress code, boys' hair must be kept out of the eyes and cannot extend below the bottom of earlobes or over the collar of a dress shirt. Fads in hairstyles ?designed to attract attention to the individual or to disrupt the orderly conduct of the classroom or campus is not permitted,? the policy states.

The district is known for standing tough on its dress code. Last year, a seventh-grader was sent home for wearing black skinny pants. His parents chose to home-school him.

On its website, the district says its code is in place because ?students who dress and groom themselves neatly, and in an acceptable and appropriate manner, are more likely to become constructive members of the society in which we live.?

Ms. Taylor said her fight is not over. She and her husband are considering taking the district to court or appealing to the State Board of Education.

?I know that there are a whole set of steps we can take,? she said.[/quote']

Yeah I heard about this, and did you hear about the 8 year old kid who is on the no fly list? I have that thread here on page 2 or 3!!!

GTFO now if you dont like what we are bringing here.

Schoolboards should be more concerned with the talent of teachers and the quality of education - rather than haircuts. Please.

Aside from mandating basic hygeine, they have no right on any level to make rules about hair length. Unless this is a private school, which I don't think it is.

Although the parents should smarten up and deal with it, the school board is a joke for even having such neanderthal policy.

I disagree' date=' even though personally I do not like long hair for myself, and I also work in a school system where different things appeal to different people. It is not my job or the job of the School Division to dictate what length someone wears their hair. Where is the choice in this and How is this choice left up to the school? We have a dress code at the school and it works, student's cannot wear shirts that support any kind of beer and their pants must be pulled up, no chains on pants ect; THis is for safety reasons. Not once though could we even think about telling a kid they must cut their hair. We may suggest it, but if they chose not to then it is up to them.

I think they parent is right, it is her decision what length her childs hair should be, and by punishing the PRE-K kid for this is only hurting the learning of the kid. He is put in isolation away from the other student's and where learning is taken place. The School system is in the wrong in this circumstance, and the court will side with the parents on this, trust me.

How is the boy attempting to make himself different? He is in Pre-K and is 4 to 5 years old.

At my school long hair was a trend for the past few years and now more students are cutting their hair. Either way short hair nor long hair is a distraction nor does it interfere with learning. Our Val Victorian last year had long hair.[/quote']

Now bear in mind, I'm not from Texas or anywhere near Texas... I'm not even in the same Country for that matter...

But I happen to be a boy, last time I checked anyway... (takes a quick look)

I make a point of only cutting my hair once a year. More due to winter than looks... (stupid crummy cold Alberta...) No school or employer has ever said word one about it. If they did, I'd politely tell them to jump off a bridge. Appearances mean nothing. At least not where I come from. I've seen more people with Mohawks, piercing's and tattoo's get hired no problem than I can count.

And to those of you who think that it's the parents responsibility to put their foot down and cut the kids hair, well maybe my parents were a bit more lenient than other parents, but they told me it was my head and I could do what I want with it.

My god this is the first time I've agreed with Fast..... (down the river, not across;))

Schoolboards should be more concerned with the talent of teachers and the quality of education - rather than haircuts. Please.

Aside from mandating basic hygeine' date=' they have no right on any level to make rules about hair length. Unless this is a private school, which I don't think it is.

Although the parents should smarten up and deal with it, the school board is a joke for even having such neanderthal policy.[/quote']

First it was the Football team, "You cant have long hair" now its the schools? Wow and 4 years old too, my nephew is almost 4 years old and guess what???

Like his Uncle the Caveman he has Long hair, and he likes to strip naked and pose like a muscleman..........I call him Tarzan cos he doesnt make any sense at all when he talks and always going after *****(women in case this gets filtered)

This guy is the highlight this year. Clearly his song will be more influential than anything the comes from the winner.

Pants on the ground.....what a tune.

This guy says simon_cowell-764078.jpg

?I think he knows how to articulate something that people are entertained by and still be true to the message he's trying to send, ... very aware of himself.? Simon Cowell

Just old school discipline.

It's quickly dying out though' date=' long hair isin't a reference to hippies or stragglers anymore.[/quote']

A lot of things have died out, the important thing is you still ahve the right to have long hair if you desire it.

I agree^^^^

It is unjust and not the concern of the school board. The length of the hair has nothing to do with learning. It is a requirement that is put on the person that is not justified' date=' [b']GA hit the nail on the head with his post[/b].

This is a major event in UFC forum history ladies & gentlemen. Let it be know that on the 15th day of January in the year 2010AD, General Anesthetic & Fast agreed on something.

I think a parade & some fireworks are in order! :)

I disagree on the grounds that it is not up to the school to dictate hair length' date=' dress code yes, but not hair length.[/quote']

Hair length falls into the realm of a dresscode. Any business can dictate the length of your hair within reason and so can the school system. As long as its within reason, which it is.

Again, if it wasn't lawful it wouldn't be a rule in the first place. If they can't abide by said rules then the child should be moved to another school that doesn't share this policy or Home-school him

Otherwise, quit whining and cut your damn hair

Hair length falls into the realm of a dresscode. Any business can dictate the length of your hair within reason and so can the school system. As long as its within reason' date=' which it is.

Again, if it wasn't lawful it wouldn't be a rule in the first place. If they can't abide by said rules then the child should be moved to another school that doesn't share this policy or Home-school him

[b']Otherwise, quit whining and cut your damn hair[/b]

Puttin up the middle finger worked wonders for me...:rolleyes: Mind you, this kid is only like 5...

They aren't asking him to have a crew cut' date=' just cut it to were its at ear length or above.[/b'] Its a non-issue that is being made into a big deal by stupid **** parents because childern run families these days. Its total BS. I could see ME doing this back in the day LOLOLOL...."Dad, I don't wanna cut my hair"...."Shut your mouth, get in the chair and get your hair cut, if you keep talking you'll go in bald!"

Parents need to realize that you need to pick and choose your battles....this one is just stupid and serves no purpose whatsoever. Just shut up, cut your damn hair, and go LEARN....thats why you're there

Is there data out there that suggests having male students with hair cut above the ears & no longer than the collar on their shirt increases the learning potential of the institution or something? I'm willing to bet the answer in no. The kid is 4 years old so I doubt he is rebelling against his parents & they are submitting to his demands. Mom probably thinks Jr. looks cute with long hair & its her damn kid so the school board should STFU & do their damn job.

I completely understand conformity. It is something 95% of us have to deal with at some point in our lives (unless you become a rock star). When I was a crazy teenager I had my hair platted & had red, green, & yellow beads on the end of each braid so I looked like a wanna-be rasta man. I thought it was the coolest thing ever then but realize how stupid it was now.

This is a public school & it is my opinion that the school board is going way past their rightful authority by enforcing bullsh*t rules about hair length. It's just hair for Christ's sake. Speaking of Christ, didn't he have long hair?! (sorry, it was there & I went for it)

$100 says the members of the school board are a bunch of ultra-conservative dinosaurs who relish their petty authority & are using it to make the children conform to what they consider to be decsent.

Is there data out there that suggests having male students with hair cut above the ears & no longer than the collar on their shirt increases the learning potential of the institution or something? I'm willing to bet the answer in no. The kid is 4 years old so I doubt he is rebelling against his parents & they are submitting to his demands. Mom probably thinks Jr. looks cute with long hair & its her damn kid so the school board should STFU & do their damn job.

I completely understand conformity. It is something 95% of us have to deal with at some point in our lives (unless you become a rock star). When I was a crazy teenager I had my hair platted & had red' date=' green, & yellow beads on the end of each braid so I looked like a wanna-be rasta man. I thought it was the coolest thing ever then but realize how stupid it was now.

This is a public school & it is my opinion that the school board is going way past their rightful authority by enforcing bullsh*t rules about hair length. It's just hair for Christ's sake. Speaking of Christ, didn't he have long hair?! (sorry, it was there & I went for it)

$100 says the members of the school board are a bunch of ultra-conservative dinosaurs who relish their petty authority & are using it to make the children conform to what they consider to be decsent.

GA, I would have hung out with you and your rasta-style. LOL

I agree, rules on dresscode and hairlength are prehistoric, and as you pointed out a way for conservative dinosaurs to cling to some semblance of authority.....

I completely understand conformity. It is something 95% of us have to deal with at some point in our lives (unless you become a rock star). When I was a crazy teenager I had my hair platted & had red' date=' green, & yellow beads on the end of each braid so I looked like a wanna-be rasta man. I thought it was the coolest thing ever then but realize how stupid it was now.

I agree with everything except it being conservatives, I am conservative on some levels and would have to say I do not care how someone wears their hair because it has nothing to do with what kind of person they are.

Archived