Historical Figures you admire

Vaseline

Dunno if this has been created but name the historical figures that you admire and why (they dont all need to be "goody's")

Mine...

Prophet Muhammad - Arguably created the most followers in the past 1500 years, and started from one man.

Ali (his cousin) - Warrior

Che Guevara - Fighting for his belief of equality and justice

Muhammad Ali - Great fighter, great representative of the black community as well as the muslim community

Lu Bu - Crazy warrior

Gregori Rasputin - Chick magnet

Jesus Christ - the source of most of the worlds controversy... and a good man

William Wallace - badass and fought to the death for his people

Lenin - Greatest communist leader, a true revolutionary

There are probably more I cant think of right now, im interested in hearing the others

I admire many but below stand out more than the rest for me personally.

Winston Churchill (Greatest Englishman of all time)

Nelson Mandela (His willpower is immense, a lesson to all imo)

Stallin (One of the most cunning people of all time maybe)

Strange topic for my first post on an mma site i know, but whatever :)

Nelson Mandela (His willpower is immense' date=' a lesson to all imo)

Strange topic for my first post on an mma site i know, but whatever :)[/quote']

YOu just drew attention to yourself with your last statementicon10.gif

Stonewall Jackson - Considered to be one of the most gifted tactical commanders in United States history.

Marlon Brando - One of the greatest actors ever. A Streetcar Named Desire, On the Waterfront, The Godfather, and Apocalypse now among his classics. Also a very active activist, who fought for American civil rights.

Lucky Luciano-Sicilian as am I. Powerfull mob boss. Established the commision and was head of the feared Genovese crime family.

Franklin Roosevelt- Led the United States through World War 2 and the great depression.

Fedor Emelianenko- Greatest mma fighter of all time. He has held five seperate championships. Holds a mma record of 31-1-1

John Dillinger- Bank robber of atleast two dozen banks and four police stations. Escaped from jail twice. Big fan of his brazen fake gun escape.

Rocky Marciano - Heavyweight champion. 49-0 43 ko's enough said.

Nelson Mandela - Served 27 years in prison for leading a movement against apartheid. Fought for rights of blacks and whites.

Here are a few Historical Figures you've heard of and if not should look up into great depth they have inspired thousands.

Hannibal

Alexander the Great

Leonardo Da Vinci

Vasily Zaytsev

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

William Shakespeare

Hannibal yes the man was a tactical Genuis for his generation. Governments still look to his work to help make plans and learn Stratigy.

Sun Tzu also was a great Military mind.

NAPOLEON from humble beginings to emperor awesome even though he was a frenchman well corsican.

ALEXANDER THE GREAT if you think about the scale of what this guy did its amazing

PHILIP II OF MACEDON first man to create a paid maintained army.

GAIUS JULIUS CAESAR nuff said.

WINSTON CHURCHIL one of the finest talkers who ever lived

DORIAN YATES young northern kid becomes a five time mister olympia.

Here are a few Historical Figures you've heard of and if not should look up into great depth they have inspired thousands.

Hannibal

Alexander the Great

Leonardo Da Vinci

Vasily Zaytsev

Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi

William Shakespeare

Alexander the Great was a bad man

Jesus Christ

William Wallace

Martin Luther

Mother Teresa

Abraham Lincoln

Gandhi

Ronald Reagan

Martin Luther King

Moses

Isaiah

King David

Elijah

Elisha

Joshua

Ronald Reagan was a popular figure but he was nothing without his wife

Reagan didnt know politics and couldnt give a speech

Nelson Mandela (His willpower is immense' date=' a lesson to all imo)

Strange topic for my first post on an mma site i know, but whatever :)[/quote']

Stalin was another bad man

Alexander the Great was a bad man

please explain how one of the greatest generals the world has ever known was a bad man

Ronald Reagan was a popular figure but he was nothing without his wife

Reagan didnt know politics and couldnt give a speech

Stalin was another bad man

agreed stalin was a ****

He was no where near great. He had scholars write great things about him.

how does that not make him great he manipulated and crushed he was a truly great man.

You guys forgot about George Washington who fought the British as the Commander in Chief of the Continental Army. He refused payment for his services.

trust an american to not see whats in front of your eyes' date=' yeah he was a poor humble man didnt get any money from the french didnt end up with any land died poor and alone hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

he was already one of the richest men in the country and it why he fought to protect what he already had as he was gonna get the biggest tax bill. sheesh[/color']

agreed stalin was a ****

how does that not make him great he manipulated and crushed he was a truly great man.

trust an american to not see whats in front of your eyes' date=' yeah he was a poor humble man didnt get any money from the french didnt end up with any land died poor and alone hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

he was already one of the richest men in the country and it why he fought to protect what he already had as he was gonna get the biggest tax bill. sheesh[/color']

You can manipulate the truth however you please, but he refused payment for his services and conducted himself quite honorably. After 2 terms in the presidency he stepped down from office. Had he wanted to, he would have been re-elected, but instead he saw the changing of the presidency serves good for the future of the nation. Had George remained in office, we would have a totally different form of government today. Great men do great things to affect the future for the better.

Don't see how Alexander was a bad man. The man expanded his kingdom to a degree as to which has not been surpased today. he was only trying to expand his kingdom nothin wrong with that. True he killed many people in doing this and taking their land but thats the name of the game WE did this when we came to America and killed off most of the Native American Tribes. If Alexander was a bad man so was Mosses.

You can manipulate the truth however you please' date=' but he refused payment for his services and conducted himself quite honorably. After 2 terms in the presidency he stepped down from office. Had he wanted to, he would have been re-elected, but instead he saw the changing of the presidency serves good for the future of the nation. Had George remained in office, we would have a totally different form of government today. Great men do great things to affect the future for the better.[/quote']

Had he wanted to he could have been king.

Don't see how Alexander was a bad man. The man expanded his kingdom to a degree as to which has not been surpased today. he was only trying to expand his kingdom nothin wrong with that. True he killed many people in doing this and taking their land but thats the name of the game WE did this when we came to America and killed off most of the Native American Tribes. If Alexander was a bad man so was Mosses.

True, that is why I do not mention rulers who have conquer other lands

Moses was defending his people from tyranny.

Guevara killed women and children to keep the men in line. i think its funny that hippy peace lovers revere him. he was a terrorist and he thought that the ends justified the means.

so are a lot of the people mentioned here

stalin

alexander the great

ghengis khan

lenin

doesnt mean that there cant be any admiration to what they have accomplished

i dont like what che did but i certainly respect how he fought for his beliefs of a greater good

so are a lot of the people mentioned here

stalin

alexander the great

ghengis khan

lenin

doesnt mean that there cant be any admiration to what they have accomplished

i dont like what che did but i certainly respect how he fought for his beliefs of a greater good

can't say i truly appreciate anything any of those 5 dudes did.

conquering and dictating doesn't score too high in my book.

Archived