Why Not A UFC Grand Prix? Mock Brackets

Dicker410

think you could easily get 16 guys who could make a 205-lb, 170-lb, or 155-lb Grand Prix Even if its on foreign soil

What a concept Pride had, and now being bought out by the UFC can't we see it again?

If The UFC had its own Rankings it may allow this to happen and has been succesful in other organizations Why not try it? They pretty much have the talent in their monopoly!

You have your round-of-16 Nunber 1 vs 16 and so on down with alternates in case of injury ect Quarterfinals A. Winner 1 vs. Winner 8 B. Winner 2 vs. Winner 7 C. Winner 3 vs. Winner 6 D. Winner 4 vs. Winner 5

Semifinals Winner A vs. Winner D Winner B vs. Winner C

The Finals and add another Good Fight

Now with a monopoly on fighters doesn't anyone think this would attract the less than average fan?Reality shows are doing best in ratings and I think this falls under that category!

Lets see what a finished product would look like

1 Machida vs 16 Bader

2 Rua vs 15 A Silva

3 Evans vs 14 Liddel

4 Rampage vs 13 Hamill

5 Jones vs 12 Vera

6 Lil Nog vs 11 Franklin

7 Thiago Silva vs 10 Couture

8 Griffin vs 9 Ortiz

The tournament could take breaks every 2 to 3 months but I think it would be intresting What are your thoughts

Good Luck on Future Picks

The athletic commission will not allow someone to participate in more than one fight on any calendar day. No mma, no boxing, no amateur boxing. Wrestling and point-based karate are okay because competitors don't take damage. As far as 3 months in between fights, I'm sure that serious fighters are more interested in working their way up the rankings for a title shot.

The athletic commission will not allow someone to participate in more than one fight on any calendar day. No mma' date=' no boxing, no amateur boxing. Wrestling and point-based karate are okay because competitors don't take damage. As far as 3 months in between fights, I'm sure that serious fighters are more interested in working their way up the rankings for a title shot.[/quote']

Strikeforce did it in 2007 with Vitale, Prangley, Santiago, and Salmon?

Bellator fighting Championshipss do this every card they have?

UFC i sjust making excuses cos this will determine rankings.

The athletic commission will not allow someone to participate in more than one fight on any calendar day. No mma' date=' no boxing, no amateur boxing. Wrestling and point-based karate are okay because competitors don't take damage. As far as 3 months in between fights, I'm sure that serious fighters are more interested in working their way up the rankings for a title shot.[/quote']

great point. perhaps instead do a fighter of the year awards show with awards for best fighter in each class, fight, ko, submission, they do that anyway why not put it on tv and let the fans choose

Archived