PPV Idea

TrueGrit

Ok i dont know if anyone would like this but i think it could work out...maybe instead of havin PPV's every month have it to where it is only five a year...have one every 2 and half months and then have a fight night between them...All of the PPV's could have one title match as the main event of course...This probably wont happen but i think it could be a good idea..

Thoughts?

Good Idea, but then with only one championship being defended in that PPV as the main event, we would only see the champ once a year. Unless you make each PPV with 2-3 titles on the line, that would be cool. Good Idea though. Not enough revenue for the UFC, but a good idea for the fans no doubt.

Honestly with the way things are going, we're going to start having to pay for two PPVs a month.

UFC 113 - May 1st

UFC 114 - May 29th

UFC 115 - June 12th

If these are all PPV, that's 3 in only a month and a half, I can't afford to be dishing out money like that.

I wouldn't mind having less PPVs if it simply meant having more free events, but I don't want them to just cut out events completely.

Honestly with the way things are going' date=' we're going to start having to pay for two PPVs a month.

UFC 113 - May 1st

UFC 114 - May 29th

UFC 115 - June 12th

If these are all PPV, that's 3 in only a month and a half, I can't afford to be dishing out money like that.

I wouldn't mind having less PPVs if it simply meant having more free events, but I don't want them to just cut out events completely.[/quote']

If you have a local hooters, they will show the fights, and for three events in three paychecks, you would only spend 20-30 bucks each depending on beer and amount of food. Oh ya, and nice lookin chicks with more skin than cloth. Ive been doing it for ever.

If you have a local hooters' date=' they will show the fights, and for three events in three paychecks, you would only spend 20-30 bucks each depending on beer and amount of food. Oh ya, and nice lookin chicks with more skin than cloth. Ive been doing it for ever.[/quote']

It's a different scenario when you're on a fixed income, but yeah I do tend to go to the bar to watch the fights when I'm short on cash or if my friends simply want to get out.

Not a bad idea. I would like more free shows but that's because I'm cheap. I would like more shows in general. I don't feel that the best fighters fight often enough. Barring injury IMO they should fight 5 times a year. The fights are important for experience and there are so many good guys now. The UFC is growing so fast and acquiring new talent all the time. We need more shows to showcase these fighters. The more exposure they get the more PPV buys the UFC will receive.

I know its a buisness but to have a ppv that is twice a month either people are gonna be broke, not be able to watch it or crowd a bar..I just think if they at least have 5 to 6 PPV's a year i bet they would make good money regardless..cause the wait it what most will buy the PPV for...Anticipation will be built prior to the event and people gonna buy for sure..

I know its a buisness but to have a ppv that is twice a month either people are gonna be broke' date=' not be able to watch it or crowd a bar..I just think if they at least have 5 to 6 PPV's a year i bet they would make good money regardless..cause the wait it what most will buy the PPV for...Anticipation will be built prior to the event and people gonna buy for sure..[/quote']

Money > What the fans think. Until they start losing money, they're going to keep doing what they're doing. They want to make the MOST money, not just good money.

Archived