Silva vs. Belfort who would win???

MMAddiction1

I really don't believe there are any fighters in the world right now who could beat Anderson Silva' date=' but I guess Vitor Belfort has the best chance seeing as he's lined up as Anderson's next victim.[/quote']

i feel the same. if hes going to dominate this weight class for much longer i dont think he will have a choice but to move up in weight.

Belford will lose like everybody else has. Hes not bringing anything to the table that hasn't already been there for Anderson.

THE GREAT will be the guy that will take the belt off of Anderson Silva.

he was beaten by silva already though. i do like nate the great and i do think he will be due a title shot once again, but as of now maybe a contender match would be good??

he was beaten by silva already though. i do like nate the great and i do think he will be due a title shot once again' date=' but as of now maybe a contender match would be good??[/quote']

I'm pretty sure his fight with Chael Sonnen is for a title shot.

I'm pretty sure his fight with Chael Sonnen is for a title shot.

It almost has to be. Theres really nobody left but Beford and Silva. W. Silva has to get some wins to even fight Nate. Bisping needs another win. No one else is deserving. Sonnen isnt deserving either, (he got beat by Maia who got dropped on his head by Nate)

I think as of now Vitor is the only one with a chance to even come close to beating Silva. Any takers??

Why cause he tko'd Rich Ace? Your nuts brother. Belfort always will have a punchers chance because of pure boxing ability. But the general consensus is that the only guy with the true potential in that weight division to beat Anderson is probably Nate Marquardt now.

I actually believe this fight could go either way. People arent giving Belfort the respect he deserves. I know he is getting a title shot very quickly but that's what the UFC does when they see somebody that can pose a threat to the title. Rich Franklin had all but cleared out the MW division in impressive fashion. Here comes Silva who destroys Leben (a good fighter but nothing spectaclar) the UFC sees a golden opportunity to challenge Franklin and a title shot is given. We all know what happened.

Brock Lesnar came into the UFC and displayed power and athleticism at the HW division that we had not seen before. Hence Brock get's a title shot.

Vitor Belfort. In his first fight back blitzed Rich Franklin (who can beat everyone but Silva and was forced to change weight classes)(A much better fighter than Leben). Vitor has been through a lot and seems to be mentally focused finally. We saw him come in at a very young age and beat Wanderlei Silva in his prime. The UFC sees it's best chance to challenge Anderson and I agree with it.

I see this fight starting out extremely slow but ending in explosive fashion. Both guys are counter punchers and both have great patience. I feel that Silva is more likely to engage first in this matchup. Vitor in his fight with franklin waited for his opportunity. Franklin loves to put on a good show for the fans and when they started to get restless went in to engage and vitor pounced with his lighting fast punches. Silva is better at avoiding damage but you can't replicate Vitor's speed. I am extremely excited about this fight.

Vitor's punches look so much faster than anybody I have seen in the UFC. Anderson is a very confident and intelligent fighter with incredible skill. I can't really say one way or the other. I would like to see Anderson lose just to see if he can rebound like GSP. But I also would like to see him continue his dominance for possible super fights in the future. Either way I hope he renews his contract.

why cause he tko'd rich ace? Your nuts brother. Belfort always will have a punchers chance because of pure boxing ability. But the general consensus is that the only guy with the true potential in that weight division to beat anderson is probably nate marquardt now.

absolutely not belfort will get tooled.his strong suit is his quick striking and anyone that thinks his striking is up to par with silva is well stupid. The only one that can take that belt is the great.

all aboard.... +1

Nate's the closest to deserving but as someone already said the UFC doesnt care about fair much, Belfort shouldnt get a title shot based off Franklin but it happens. Nate would murder Belfort, Nate is superior in every way but punching and hes not slouch at that. Nate may give Anderson a better fight in a rematch but I dont think hes improved enough to take his belt, maybe actually give him a bit of a war for the first time though.

Hoping Nate has a very impressive fight vs Sonner. He was tossed to Silva much to soon the first time. I think he will do better next time.

Silva va Belfort. The excitement level is going to be up to Silva. If he really thinks Belfort is a threat watch for a boring Cote-esc fight. Silva has shown in the past when he will fight boring to retain the belt. If he doesn't then look for him to go after him like he did Forrest.

The problem I see for Belfort is he is best coming forward, which walks right into Silva's specialty. Counter punching the head off opponents. Chasing Silva only ends one way.

Rousimar Palhares would submit Silva...

HAHAHAHA! That's hard to do when you get knocked out minutes into the fight. Didn't you learn anything regarding how one-dimensional black belts do against Silva when you watched Silva vs Leites at 97?

I would say Belfort has a punchers chance against Silva but no one does, have you SEEN his head movement? Should be an entertaining fight though. Nate Marquardt is the guy to possibly dethrone Silva.

But if Silva beats both Belfort and Marquardt he should seriously move up to 205 permanently because with Henderson out of the UFC no one on their current roster would have even the slightest chance against him - no matter what Belcher may say :D

Vitor Belfort would smash Nate Marquardt. The Belfort vs Silva fight is going to be a battle. Standing, I give Silva the edge on quickness and accuracy, but Vitor for power and explosiveness. Both ground games are solid, but I give the edge there to Vitor because I think he's a stronger guy. This fight could be the upset of the year.

The only chance Vitor has is the long rehabilitation period that Silva has endured following his elbow replacement surgery. Belfort has to hope that Silva has some ring rust and that he's lost some power following his surgery and his long absence from the cage. I think Belfort has the punching power and speed, but we'll have to see if Anderson still has the perfect timing, marksman accuracy and incredible head movement to pick Vitor apart and put him away. If Silva had been healthy with no prolonged layoff and fought Belfort within a couple months of his destruction of Griffin, we wouldn't even have a debate going. With respect to Nate "The Great"; he doesn't have the stand-up game to hang with Anderson and we know what happens to fighters that try to take Anderson down. I think that just like a puncher has a chance, so may Nate with taking this to the ground and trying to submit Silva. The likelihood of this happening is rare, considering Silva destroyed a much better BJJ practitioner in Travis Lutter and fought off a better wrestler in Hendo.

Archived