Mark Coleman said he is "proud" of Randy Couture but wants a piece of what he's got

gavyg03

i haven't heard much from Mark Coleman lately but what I have heard and read.. the guy seems like a pretty stand-up dude. i like Couture but it seems like Coleman needs this way more than Randy does.

Since I root for the Detroit Lions... I root for underdogs.. WAR COLEMAN

source: http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Mark-Coleman-proud-of-Randy-Couture-wants-a-piece-of-what-The-Natural-has-earned.html

i haven't heard much from Mark Coleman lately but what I have heard and read.. the guy seems like a pretty stand-up dude. i like Couture but it seems like Coleman needs this way more than Randy does.

source: http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Mark-Coleman-proud-of-Randy-Couture-wants-a-piece-of-what-The-Natural-has-earned.html

I too am taking Coleman. I think he'll be more used to the wieght cut so his cardio should be better. He's stronger, more aggressive, Randys not going to get away with just trying to lay on Coleman.

really the only thing going against coleman in this fight is his cardio. Coleman is arguably the most powerful pure wrestler the UFC ever had. I hope he takes Randy down and GnP's him for 3 rounds, and even sneaks a headbutt in. I love Randy, but I wanna Coleman win so bad

I too am taking Coleman. I think he'll be more used to the wieght cut so his cardio should be better. He's stronger' date=' more aggressive, Randys not going to get away with just trying to lay on Coleman.[/quote']

I never knew Randy to just lay on anybody. And since when is a weight cut for a guy whos been fighting at 205 and heavyweight for his entire career ever been a challenge?

I never knew Randy to just lay on anybody. And since when is a weight cut for a guy whos been fighting at 205 and heavyweight for his entire career ever been a challenge?

You didnt watch the Vera fight then, and when was the last time Coleman fought before the Shogun fight? Oh you thought he walks around at 205. Understandable how you might make that mistake.:rolleyes:

People think this fight will be a snooze fest hugging on the cages. I disagree.

That's what I've been telling people all along. I'm expecting the two of them to nullify each other's wrestling and just stand and bang. Either way' date=' this should be a good fight.

You didnt watch the Vera fight then, and when was the last time Coleman fought before the Shogun fight? Oh you thought he walks around at 205. Understandable how you might make that mistake.:rolleyes:
Also i might add i think in pride he fought at HW. I dont think he fought at 205 until the Shogun fight.

I'm pretty sure you're talking about Coleman right?

The other dude was talking about Randy. Either I'm way off base, or there was a misunderstanding between you two.

I respect Coleman for what he's accomplished etc, but IMO i dont think he's got it anymore, after watching him from the early days of both UFC and Pride, those were the days when so many didnt have the skillset they have today, he's the godfather of GnP , ok granted that, but he's got no JJ, he's good at wrestling and he's got heavy hands, so many now aday's have 3 or 4 differnt technique bases to fall back on, I realy think its time for Coleman to hang em up, before he takes that last shot to the squash and then there's no turning back. I think myself, Randy is going to pummel him, just my thought.

At 105 he just stood at the cage and did nothing! He will win this fight though and in style too as Coleman wont let him do that!

I like coleman, i like the guys attitude, and even against rua (who has since gone on to spark out liddell and beat machida) he put up a gutsy performance!

Couture is a legend, just pride at stake for him here, but i sense coleman wants another shot, and deserved or not, he wants a run at a title. reminds me a bit of the rocky 6 story haha :)

Im going to make sure to bring my most comfortable pillow and brew some herbal tea for this 3 round stale clinch match. I respect wrestlers for their skills but that doesn't mean its exciting to watch in my opinion.

and how many of the so called super fights, the ones that everyone is excited about for weeks beforehand, turn out great?

as my momma said.... ufc is like a box of chocolates, you never know what ya gonna get next ;)

and how many of the so called super fights' date=' the ones that everyone is excited about for weeks beforehand, turn out great?

as my momma said.... [b']ufc is like a box of chocolates, you never know what ya gonna get next[/b] ;)

So true. This is why I get so pumped for any live UFC event, doesn't matter how much start power it has.

So true. This is why I get so pumped for any live UFC event' date=' doesn't matter how much start power it has.[/quote']

same here, i often dont decide which events ill watch, but ill come in and think sod it ill stay up til 6am watching ufc haha :D the recent fight night card for example.... nothing to get overly excited about but turned out awesome!

really the only thing going against coleman in this fight is his cardio. Coleman is arguably the most powerful pure wrestler the UFC ever had. I hope he takes Randy down and GnP's him for 3 rounds' date=' and even sneaks a headbutt in. I love Randy, but I wanna Coleman win so bad[/quote']

yup, he needs to end it early. it's hard not to root for a guy who has yet to benefit from MMA like a Randy Couture has

WAR COLEMAN!

Im pulling for COLEMAN also . I have his AVATAR on in the COMMUNITY

Look i have been making my girl watch all the UFC in a ROLL lol So we are now on ultimate Brazil and its cool seeing the sport grow all over again and seeing Coleman GnP .. but he just got beat by PETT WILL and MURICE SMITH ... so he on his down time...

WAR COLEMAN>. i just thought i would throw that in there LOLOL

By the way he talks' date=' Coleman sounds like he's out to prove to himself that he's not done yet. I think it's going to be a closer fight than 94-6. He might not win, but I'll be rooting for him the whole time.[/quote']

I know they are pass there prime but I see COLEMAN with the DOUBLE LEG on COUTURE and GRINDING HIM OUT FOR 3 ROUNDS... still very intresting match up.. EVEN THOUGH it sucks that this didn't happen back in the day.... Because I think COLEMAN in his PRIME was the BEST WRESTLER in MMA... as for RANDY his all around GAME has evolve so he could sprawl and brawl... his strikes and boxing aint to bad... its really tough.. BUT IM GOING FOR THE UNDERDOG...the godfather of ground and pound

really the only thing going against coleman in this fight is his cardio. Coleman is arguably the most powerful pure wrestler the UFC ever had. I hope he takes Randy down and GnP's him for 3 rounds' date=' and even sneaks a headbutt in. I love Randy, but I wanna Coleman win so bad[/quote']

hahaha .. this is the best .. I AGREE even with the OLD SCHOOL HEAD BUTTS lolol

I agree .. if anything the weight cut would hurt COLEMAN more.. In his fights he looks tired .. but coleman always looks tired and hangs in there... .

It could very well could be' date=' but regardless I'm pumped for this fight and 109 itself.[/quote']

I agree.. to be honest i would like to see who takes who down first? who is the better wrestler or will randy just stop the takedowns and box? as coleman has not change at all since UFC 10 lol

I like coleman' date=' i like the guys attitude, and even against rua (who has since gone on to spark out liddell and beat machida) he put up a gutsy performance!

Couture is a legend, just pride at stake for him here, but i sense coleman wants another shot, and deserved or not, he wants a run at a title. reminds me a bit of the rocky 6 story haha :)[/quote']

mark "the hammer" balboa

dude reading this thread has got me hell pumped for coleman to win, i am looking at this fight and thinking couture will win, but maybe if coleman can get the cardio up, dude that would be mad if he rocks couture and gnp's for the win.

Archived