If Silva losses to Bisping...?

The_Immortal1529

How can you say he is clearly not the fighter he once was. He has only fought the best in the UFC. He had two incredible fights against Rich Franklin and Chuck Liddell. These two fights were wars and some of the best I have ever seen. He lost to Jackson but he still holds 2 wins over him. He destroyed Jardine.

The guy is a warrior and always comes to fight. He works extremely hard and comes in excellent conditioning. He recently had surgery that cleared up his airways so that will be another plus for him coming into this fight with Bisping. I don't see him losing to bisping but if he does then I'll concede it is time to retire. Wanderlei has a great chin only being knocked out by guys with serious power. Bisping IMO doesn't have the power necessary to stop wanderlei.

If Silva loses, the first thing that will happen is I will cry like a little school girl. After that, I don't see the ufc getting rid of him. I think he has a little bit of the "couture factor". The guy is a legend, and whether he wins or loses, he's still going to have a massive loyal fan base.

Whether Wanderlei loses or not, the UFC will keep him.

What are they gonna do, let him go to SF and take all his fans with him?

No matter what fight Wandy is in, he draws all his fans, and Dana isn't gonna let him go to SF and help them build their roster. Dana will keep him. Letting him go makes no sense from a business standpoint, and from a fan's perspective, he still puts on a helluva show when he does fight.

Wandy ain't going anywhere.

He draws viewers and that's the most important part, so he's not going anywhere soon unless he choses to retire. He's also going down a weight class which as long as the weight cut goes good he's have a size/strength advantage. Doesn't matter anyways as he won't lose to Bisping. In fact I wouldn't be suprised if he Bispings Bisping out cold. Another possibility is Muay Thai clinch knees to Bisping's death.

And I'll use it all in one sentence.

^^ I like this.

It's not inconceivable that Silva could lose, but it would take 15 minutes of Bisping jabbing and fleeing for it to happen. However, Wanderlei is one of the most fiercely supported fighters in MMA and would not get cut after one fight at MW. If he were then to lose his next fight, against someone of equal or lower standing than Bisping, then there's no point in keeping him, as it would be flogging a dead horse.

I hope Bisping wins, im a big Rampage fan and was really pleased when he got his revenge over Silva. Bisping already gets enough abuse and as a uk fan i may be biased but he does deserve some respect. he held his own against Rashad Evans and could be underestimated by some. His ground game has improved and he also has some good knees and general stand up when he needs it. Sad thing is, its hard to see him taking a title i dont think he could beat

Machida or Anderson Silva so not sure where he can go. Maybe wait till Anderson Silva retires.

Wand Silva is finished imo and would not beat any of the top three either.

COME ON BISPING PROVE PEOPLE WRONG!!!!

You will always be the uk fighter who lead the way for all uk fighters,

After recosideration think they may keep Wandy around, as much as i disagree with keeping washed up stars around. He does have a considerable fanbase, they may drop him down to the minor leagues and let him try and re-establish his relevancy but at that point he might as well pack his bags because his career is past its twilight.

As a point of reference Dana literally forced Chuck out the door, and if he loses this next fight hes definately gone for good. Chuck is far more important to the UFC than Wandy ever was and if they'll shove Chuck out the door expect the same for Silva.

They will keep him as long as he keeps putting on good fights. I think the day he walks in the ring and gives a terrible performance is the day he will be gone. It doesn't matter because he is going to pull a hendo on Bisping.

This^^

Win or lose since he has returned to the UFC the only disappointment was the quick KO by Rampage. Even if personally I wanted to see a real war between the two, people love seeing KOs.

Wandi puts on exciting fights. That's why he stays in the UFC. Some other fighters learn that lesson the hard way. Just ask Houston Alexander.

I'm sure the UFC would keep Wanderlei around even if he lost to Bisping, but I think that even Wandy would know that he's only being kept around to fill seats and not because he's a legitimate contender.

If Wandy doesn't walk out of the cage with a win at UFC 110, it'd probably be in his own best interest to retire before his reputation is further tainted.

2 - 5 in the UFC? If the UFC wants to be considered as one of the elite sporting organisations in the world they need to start focusing more on keeping fighters because of how they're performing, not because of who they are.

We are talking about Wanderlei Silva here. One of the most known MMA fighters in the world,

He will never be dropped by the UFC if they let old dogs like Coleman stick around.

+ Wanderlei will be the same fighter he was in pride when he faces Bisping. trust me.

We are talking about Wanderlei Silva here. One of the most known MMA fighters in the world' date='

He will never be dropped by the UFC if they let old dogs like Coleman stick around.

+ Wanderlei will be the same fighter he was in pride when he faces Bisping. trust me.[/quote']

you dont cut wanderlei he can leave when he wants. he has done so much for the sport.

i dont think the ufc would drop wandy if he lost. Bisping is Dana's blue eyed boy, and i think Dana gave Bisping this fight deliberately as he thinks he will win.

Wandy will also have a number of fights left on his contract and will probably be thrown some young blood for his next opponent to ensure a win (assuming he loses to the count). If wandy beats Bisping, he will probably fight another top contender. possibly the winner of Anderson Silva and Belfort before a title shot.

Archived