Rashad will never get the belt back

MikeW240

Originally Posted by buds

really, showboating aside, what is it that makes rashad a crappy fighter?

Way too much rashad hating going on in the forums right now, people trying to discredit his wins, saying he's got a glass chin, saying he's just lucky and not skilled, saying he never deserved to be champ, etc.

I'm sure it's just because of his last performance that people are suddenly freaking out, but what exactly did thiago silva do in that fight that was so great that made rashad look so bad? To me it looked like a pretty solid gameplan and it earned him in the victory. No matter how you look at it, rashad dominated the first two rounds, plain and simple. Does thiago silva really deserve the win for finally landing a punch halfway through the third round?

I don't care if you hate rashad, but to call him a bad fighter is the same as calling yourself a complete **** who knows absolutely nothing about mma.

no body called him a bad fighter. Only said he doesn't have the skills to compete with the best of lhw. His record besides chuck and forest are all everage fighters. Chuck is past his days and forest beat his **** for two rounds until rashad got lucky with grabing a leg but still took quite awhile to land the lucky punch. He constantlt took down thiago and then once down did what? Nothing. Thats your wrestler. No skillset. But oh he got style, its called showboating. Ha ha ha ha the truth!!

Rashad can fight for sure. Most people can fight for sure. Maybe not on his level but Rashad will never ever get the belt back. He doesn't have the skill set to beat the top dogs.

He looks his best beating average fighters. Look at GSP or BJ Penn just two for an example, they have an obvious skill set that got them to the top and is keeping them there. Rashad doesn't have enough skills to decisively beat top contendors in a way where it is obvious that he belongs at the top. That is just a fact. Leave all those average dudes that got him his 15 or so wins out of it. Bisbing & tito beat him up and he barely got the nod from the judges. Forest beat him up and it was obvious, until the lucky leg catch and then the lucky punch. He was reluctant even though he was on top of Forest because of Forests ground game. Then there is Chuck. Well Chuck made a mistake and Rashad got lucky with one punch. Chuck is realy past his days anyway, that is obvious, so now here comes Thiago and Rashad took him down over and over, and did what? Nothing. But everyone keeps saying oh he has such good wrestling and this and that. So what did you call that then? Then he allowed himself to get knocked out and almost lost because of it.

So give me some exact examples of how Rashad is such a "great" fighter and has such "good" skills. Examples not roderick. You can't give any examples because he hasn't fought anyone and won in a decisive way for you to derive examples from. Period.

Originally Posted by buds

really' date=' showboating aside, what is it that makes rashad a crappy fighter?

Way too much rashad hating going on in the forums right now, people trying to discredit his wins, saying he's got a glass chin, saying he's just lucky and not skilled, saying he never deserved to be champ, etc.

I'm sure it's just because of his last performance that people are suddenly freaking out, but what exactly did thiago silva do in that fight that was so great that made rashad look so bad? To me it looked like a pretty solid gameplan and it earned him in the victory. No matter how you look at it, rashad dominated the first two rounds, plain and simple. Does thiago silva really deserve the win for finally landing a punch halfway through the third round?

I don't care if you hate rashad, but to call him a bad fighter is the same as calling yourself a complete **** who knows absolutely nothing about mma.

no body called him a bad fighter. Only said he doesn't have the skills to compete with the best of lhw. His record besides chuck and forest are all everage fighters. Chuck is past his days and forest beat his **** for two rounds until rashad got lucky with grabing a leg but still took quite awhile to land the lucky punch. He constantlt took down thiago and then once down did what? Nothing. Thats your wrestler. No skillset. But oh he got style, its called showboating. Ha ha ha ha the truth!![/quote']

first off ur setting up a papper tiger so u can knock it down and you should do a better job of interpreting what people are saying, if i say someone sucks, my definition for sucks maybe differnt from someone else.. what people are saying when they say rashad "sucks" they arnt refering to his skills obviously hes fighting in the most compeditive mma organization there is or ever has been.. and for one i dont think someone with out skill can just win a title by "luck" what people are refering to when they say he sucks is his "entertainment value" ... he's rarly entertaining and most of his wins are by decsion and thats boring... most of his wins are not incredibly convincing thats what they're talking about.. and those things are worth complaining about

he is a much better fighter than u' date=' thats for certain, compete in mma professionally then start talking[/quote']

Did anyone say he wasn't? When you talk about professional sports and say someone sucks, it's not compared to you, it's compared to the other professionals. And no, he doesn't DESERVE my respect just for being a professional. Why would he get my respect for that? If he stops showboating and actually fights, then he will get my respect. Until then, he's a little ***** and Rampage will school him.

Winning fights is honestly about how you matchup with the other fighter. Suga could win the title fighting someone he matches up really well with. I think he could beat some of the top guys but there are certain fighters I believe, would beat him everytime. The only fighters that I see giving Suga a loss would be Machida again, Rua, Rampage, Lil Nog and Andy Silva. I think he could beat everyone else in the weight class...including Griffin again, Bones, Vera,Cane, Franklin, Jardine (I know they train together but Evans did fight him on TUF 2 and won), Bader, and he already beat Mr. Thiago Silva. The following is my top 10 for LHW rankings, non-ufc included:

1.Lyoto Machida

2.Shogun Rua

3.Anderson Silva

4.Suga

5.Rampage

6.Hendo

7.Gegard Mousasi

8.Forrest Griffin

9.Lil Nog

10.Thiago Silva

no doubt,rashad won that fight against silva.he set up his gameplan and a very effective plan.rashad is a good wrestler,and he used it to takedown silva but failed to keep him down and inflict damage.dominant?yes,but that is only to takedown silva.if rashad chose to stand up with silva,it will be a short night for him cause silva has really heavy hands.its just that rashads performance there is far from what he showed in his fight with forrest and chuck.looks like he has a trauma with his ko from machida.don't get me wrong,what he did against silva is effective but boring,and most of the top lhw can surely avoid what happened with silva.i don't think that it will ever effect on rampage,shogun and machida.rasahd should come up with a better gameplan if he fight this guys.

I find it hard to take him seriously because of the number of Rashad posts he has made.

Rut Roe Rorge, ain't no body asking you to take anybody serious or not. These are simply just threads of peoples opinions and ramblings, if you don't like them take yourself seriously and stop reading. Do you need more help to figure that out?

If you're trying to boost your post count there are better ways of doing it that don't make you look like a fool. Go away.

The only one that looks like a fool is the one that talks like a fool and says foolish things and that ain't me. You go away, read some other threads its a free world fool!!

I think it got to a point where the fans are hating fighters take are using takedowns as a way to protect themselves and score a few points.

I hate Rashad but he is a good fighter' date=' but on the last fight his game plan was to win by points. I much rather watch somebody trying to win by KO or Submission.[/quote']

Thats the difference, I don't hate Rashad. I am just pointing out his lack of skills to beat the best and stay the best. All these other fools are making **** out to be something that it ain't and gettin all hot and disturbed. Don't read its that simple right?

Winning fights is honestly about how you matchup with the other fighter. Suga could win the title fighting someone he matches up really well with. I think he could beat some of the top guys but there are certain fighters I believe' date=' would beat him everytime. The only fighters that I see giving Suga a loss would be Machida again, Rua, Rampage, Lil Nog and Andy Silva. I think he could beat everyone else in the weight class...including Griffin again, Bones, Vera,Cane, Franklin, Jardine (I know they train together but Evans did fight him on TUF 2 and won), Bader, and he already beat Mr. Thiago Silva. The following is my top 10 for LHW rankings, non-ufc included:

1.Lyoto Machida

2.Shogun Rua

3.Anderson Silva

4.Suga

5.Rampage

6.Hendo

7.Gegard Mousasi

8.Forrest Griffin

9.Lil Nog

10.Thiago Silva[/quote']

Winning fights is based on your skill set and experience, regardless of what your apponent can do. Its like Bruce lee, he mastered all the styles and found in them all, his own so it didn't matter what skills his apponnant possesed. F that match up ****, you are either excellent or not, period. BJ, GSP, HUGHS, A SILVA, COTOURE, ETC. Notice Rashad ain't in that list. lol

Thats the difference' date=' I don't hate Rashad. I am just pointing out his lack of skills to beat the best and stay the best. All these other fools are making **** out to be something that it ain't and gettin all hot and disturbed. Don't read its that simple right?[/quote']

I guess we'll have to see about that.

Personally, I think Rampage is in for one hell of a bad night.

I am not a huge Rashad fan but I keep seeing the phrase "lucky punch"' date=' "lucky" this and "lucky" that. Jens Pulver said it best after getting knocked out by Joe Lauzon. "There are no lucky punches, he threw it, it landed. That's not luck".[/quote']

i agree rashad's ktfo of chuck liddel was not luck the thing that pisses me of is that liddel didnt see it coming after frikkin rashad attempted that same combo 349857389457 times before in that fight and chuck still didnt defend it

Archived