My top 10 LHW Rankings as of UFC 108

170lbking

The following is my list for the top 10 fighters in the LHW division after UFC 108(non-UFC fighters are included as it is a full rankings for LHWD:

1.Lyoto Machida

2.Shogun Rua

3.Anderson Silva

4.Suga

5.Rampage

6.Hendo

7.Gegard Mousasi

8.Forrest Griffin

9.Lil Nog

10.Thiago Silva

Who is in your top ten? If you really don't think my top ten is good please give me some reasoning to adjust my rankings, thank you.

The following is my list for the top 10 fighters in the LHW division after UFC 108(non-UFC fighters are included as it is a full rankings for LHWD:

1.Lyoto Machida

2.Shogun Rua

3.Anderson Silva

4.Suga

5.Rampage

6.Hendo

7.Gegard Mousasi

8.Forrest Griffin

9.Lil Nog

10.Thiago Silva

Who is in your top ten? If you really don't think my top ten is good please give me some reasoning to adjust my rankings' date=' thank you.[/quote']

Rampage is better then Rashad so he should be above him.

Hendo and Mousasi aren't in the UFC and A Silva should be defending the title at 185.

If you read everything I typed' date=' you'll see it says at the top, [b']non-ufc fighters included[/b]. Lil Nog has only had one fight but Cane was on my top ten prior and we all saw what Nog did to him...so I had to include him.

Hendo and Mousasi aren't in the UFC and A Silva should be defending the title at 185.

If you read everything I typed' date=' you'll see it says at the top, [b']non-ufc fighters included[/b]. Lil Nog has only had one fight but Cane was on my top ten prior and we all saw what Nog did to him...so I had to include him.

Regardless, Hendo should NOT be on that list at 205.

Hendo is fighting at 185 so is Silva and how do I rank Mousasi against a bunch of guys he has never fought. I don't know I really just copied and pasted my post from last week, when the same topic was posted as a thread.

Yeah this almost identical thread was discussed a week ago and where Rampage Forrest and Rashad fell on the list was the only minor disagreement but most agreed what fighters were top 5

I posted a thread last week very similar to this one, and yeah almost everyone agreed on the top fighters, most poeple put rampage ahead of rashad.

Champion: machida

1. shogun

2. rampage

3. rashad

4. forrest

Down the list everyone had their own opinion here are some names that were given in different order.

Couture

Vera

Jones

Jardine

The Ice man

V. Silva

T. Silva

Lil Nog

Tito

Rich Franklin

I posted a thread last week very similar to this one' date=' and yeah almost everyone agreed on the top fighters, most poeple put rampage ahead of rashad.

Champion: machida

1. shogun

2. rampage

3. rashad

4. forrest

Down the list everyone had their own opinion here are some names that were given in different order.

Couture

Vera

Jones

Jardine

The Ice man

V. Silva

T. Silva

Lil Nog

Tito

Rich Franklin[/quote']

May I ask who V. Silva is? It's Wanderlei, not Vanderlei. Plus he's moved to 185 and wasn't successful enough to be at the the top of LHW (in the UFC).

1. Machida

2. Shogun

3. Rampage

4. Rashad

5. T. Silva

6. Lil Nog

7. Griffin

8. Jones

9. Couture

10. Vera

Jardine isn't a huge threat to any of these guys. He pretty much gets KOd within the first few exchange lately. Rich Franklin has yet to fight at 205 again so I can't rate him. Liddell isn't the fighter he used to be. Same with Ortiz.

I want Lil Nog/T. Silva!

1.Lyoto Machida

2.Shogun Rua

3.Anderson Silva

4.Suga

5.Rampage

6.Hendo

7.Gegard Mousasi

8.Forrest Griffin

9.Lil Nog

10.Thiago Silva

Who is in your top ten? If you really don't think my top ten is good please give me some reasoning to adjust my rankings' date=' thank you.[/quote']

How can you possibly put Lil Nog in the top ten? After one fight sure he did great in pride but this is after UFC 108

How can you possibly put Lil Nog in the top ten? After one fight sure he did great in pride but this is after UFC 108

Because he didn't just beat the up and coming Luiz Cane, he demolished him. Cane was on his way to becoming the next big thing and Lil Nog made him look like an ametuer. Plus, ranking is based on performance in MMA, not necessarily in the UFC.

Did you consider Cane top ten like me? After Lil Nog beat Cane who was already in my top ten prior, I had to put him up there I thought. What I mean by after UFC 108 is this: Every fight these guys have had up to the conclusion of UFC 108, outside organization fights too. I was using 108 as an end marker. I'll be clearer next time, my fault.

May I ask who V. Silva is? It's Wanderlei' date=' not Vanderlei. Plus he's moved to 185 and wasn't successful enough to be at the the top of LHW (in the UFC).

1. Machida

2. Shogun

3. Rampage

4. Rashad

5. T. Silva

6. Lil Nog

7. Griffin

8. Jones

9. Couture

10. Vera

Jardine isn't a huge threat to any of these guys. He pretty much gets KOd within the first few exchange lately. Rich Franklin has yet to fight at 205 again so I can't rate him. Liddell isn't the fighter he used to be. Same with Ortiz.

I want Lil Nog/T. Silva![/quote']

Like I said, most people agreed on the top 5 LHW, and it was a typing error with the V. Silva, but you know what i ment, right? Plus the names i put on the second list where names that were given by other post.

You say that Jardine isn't a huge threat to any of these guy's right? Well jardine managed to KO Griffin, beat Liddell and vera. Like you i though jardine wasn't in the top 10 but after reading other post i would put im up there. You cant judge them on one loss, you have to see their over all carrer. Like someone else said if you just looked at one fight Kimbo would be the number one contender

Kimbo --> Alexander --> Jardine --> Forrest --> Shogun

And I agree with you on the Lil Nog, Thiago Silva fight. Alot of people post that lil nog is a great fighter, and all this and that, but he has to prove himself first by beating some of the top LHW contenders, Just like Jone Jones will have to prove himself against Vera, Lil Nog will have to prove himself too.

Like I said' date=' most people agreed on the top 5 LHW, and it was a typing error with the V. Silva, but you know what i ment, right? Plus the names i put on the second list where names that were given by other post.

You say that Jardine isn't a huge threat to any of these guy's right? Well jardine managed to KO Griffin, beat Liddell and vera. Like you i though jardine wasn't in the top 10 but after reading other post i would put im up there. You cant judge them on one loss, you have to see their over all carrer. Like someone else said if you just looked at one fight Kimbo would be the number one contender

Kimbo --> Alexander --> Jardine --> Forrest --> Shogun

And I agree with you on the Lil Nog, Thiago Silva fight. Alot of people post that lil nog is a great fighter, and all this and that, but he has to prove himself first by beating some of the top LHW contenders, Just like Jone Jones will have to prove himself against Vera, Lil Nog will have to prove himself too.[/quote']

Half of Jardines last 6 fights have come by KO in less than two minutes. A combined time of 2:59. He's right under top 10 for me, he just didn't quite make it there. Decisions don't make up for 1st round KO's. And theres no doubt that Lil nog is great, but he does need to solidify himself.

thiago silva is a top 5 LHW his last fight proved it he just got screwed by a flawed scoring system

How'd he get screwed by a flawed scoring system? What did he do in the first two rounds that makes you think he should have earned the decision? You gotta do more than land one clean shot in the 3rd round to win a fight, assuming it goes to the judges scorecards.

How'd he get screwed by a flawed scoring system? What did he do in the first two rounds that makes you think he should have earned the decision? You gotta do more than land one clean shot in the 3rd round to win a fight' date=' assuming it goes to the judges scorecards.[/quote']

he out struck rashad 67-21, you actin like he landed one punch in the whole fight, when he was tagging rashad every round, rashad got 4 takedowns that whole fight didnt maintain position and did no damage, how do you win a fight with inflicting no damage to your opponent?

rashad only won because of the flawed scoring system, where it rewards takedowns and not striking so 4 takedowns while inflicting no damage and not maintaing position is better then 46 strikes?

dont tell me its not flawed

evans round 1 - 2 takedowns 8 strikes landed

thiago - 26 strikes landed

round 2

evans as per round 1

thiago 22 strikes landed

round 3

evans no take downs 5 strikes landed

thiago 19 strikes landed and almost ko'ing rashad

now at no time did rashad maintain control while getting the take down so 2 take downs are as effective as18 and 16 strikes in a round?

dont tell me its not flawed

1.Shogun Rua

2.Lyoto Machida

3.Anderson Silva

4.Rampage Jackson

5.Gegard Mousasi

6.Rashad Evans

7.Rogerio Nogueira

8.Forrest Griffin

9.Dan Henderson

10.Randy Couture

I put machida over shogun, not so much based on their own fight, but what machida has done over his last 4-5 fights, and what shogun has done. But this list you cant really go wrong with.

+1

1.Shogun Rua

2.Lyoto Machida

3.Anderson Silva

4.Rampage Jackson

5.Gegard Mousasi

6.Rashad Evans

7.Rogerio Nogueira

8.Forrest Griffin

9.Dan Henderson

10.Randy Couture

You fail.

There is no way that a champion can be ranked at anything OTHER than number 1.

Also, Hendo should NOT be on this list.

The inclusion of Randy (who I think is AWESOME) and exclusion of Forrest Griffin, further leads to your failure.

Archived