Silva vs Belfort

seebarrytrh

I have seen a couple of threads concerning this fight, however it seem that no one is giving Vitor a chance against Silva. Yes, I know, Silva is a beast, but I think if anyone has a chance, its Vitor. He seems like he has gotten past some of the mental issues he has been dealing with, and you cant deny that he still has the power. I am not saying he is going to win, but I def think he has a better chance than anyone else right now.

I have seen a couple of threads concerning this fight' date=' however it seem that no one is giving Vitor a chance against Silva. Yes, I know, Silva is a beast, but I think if anyone has a chance, its Vitor. He seems like he has gotten past some of the mental issues he has been dealing with, and you cant deny that he still has the power. I am not saying he is going to win, but I def think he has a better chance than anyone else right now.[/quote']

I think if anyone has a chance its Marquardt

I think if anyone has a chance its Marquardt

hands down, marquardt has come a long way since there last fight, hes the only middle weight with a chance at the title. and i have no doubt in my mind he will win it...and hold it for a long time, if nate the great wins his upcoming fight decisively i believe the title shot is his anyway, belfort is old and has been gone to long.

I have seen a couple of threads concerning this fight' date=' however it seem that no one is giving Vitor a chance against Silva. Yes, I know, Silva is a beast, but I think if anyone has a chance, its Vitor. He seems like he has gotten past some of the mental issues he has been dealing with, and you cant deny that he still has the power. I am not saying he is going to win, but I def think he has a better chance than anyone else right now.[/quote']

Seems wherever I read people are talking like vitor is gonna beat silva.

how is it in every fight people are against silva? when he destroys his opponents

I believe Belfort could easily win and Nate's already been beat.

hands down' date=' marquardt has come a long way since there last fight, hes the only middle weight with a chance at the title. and i have no doubt in my mind he will win it...and hold it for a long time, if nate the great wins his upcoming fight decisively i believe the title shot is his anyway, belfort is old and has been gone to long.[/quote']

Old.... your kidding right and P.S just cause he's not been in the UFC doesnt mean he stopped doing MMA completley. ADUHHH

Belfort would KO Marquardt. Silva/Belfort is a toss up. KO power by both fighters, both have great JJ. It's too close for me to call, but I'm just going with Silva based on the fact that he can most likely handle the pace that Vitor sets, and will utilize the clinch or his abnormally precise striking. His precision is...really precise.

Its funny how people say that Silva already beat Marquardt, when Hughes already beat GSP when they had their rematch (and we all know what happened in the rematch and then their rubber match). And Hughes was considered the best WW of all time... BLA, BLA, BLA...

BELFORD offers NOTHING! He has the same chance as W. Silva would. Since 2004 he has one win worth mentioning (Franklin)

He beat Lindland... Lindland has ONE **** Win worth mentioning and that was a win 3 1/2 years ago to a downward slopped Jeremy Horn.

BELFORD offers NOTHING! He has the same chance as W. Silva would. Since 2004 he has one win worth mentioning (Franklin)

What? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Belfort* (this is the correct spelling by the way) has a lot to offer. He has very good striking and has a set of very heavy hands. His jiu jitsu is very underrated. Belfort is also very fast and can end fights extremely quickly. I think Anderson may take this fight, but if anyone has a chance to beat him, it's someone who has a fast and heavy hand.

And no matter who the fighter, there is the chance they might lose.

What? Do you have any idea what you're talking about? Belfort* (this is the correct spelling by the way) has a lot to offer. He has very good striking and has a set of very heavy hands. His jiu jitsu is very underrated. Belfort is also very fast and can end fights extremely quickly. I think Anderson may take this fight' date=' but if anyone has a chance to beat him, it's someone who has a fast and heavy hand.

And no matter who the fighter, there is the chance they might lose.[/quote']

He doesnt have good punches! Like W.Silva he has punches in bunches. If he thinks he caught he'll be on you like flies on_____, with wild hay makers (hoping some connect). I just gave you his game plan. He hopes he gets lucky.

He doesnt have good punches! Like W.Silva he has punches in bunches. If he thinks he caught he'll be on you like flies on_____' date=' with wild hay makers (hoping some connect). I just gave you his game plan. He hopes he gets lucky.[/quote']

That just simply isn't true. If you want to, take a look at his fight with Rich Franklin, it took ONE punch to drop him. Just one, not punches in bunches. Vitor has knocked out people legitimately. Whether or not you want to believe it, he has legit knock out power.

That just simply isn't true. If you want to' date=' take a look at his fight with Rich Franklin, it took ONE punch to drop him. Just one, not punches in bunches. Vitor has knocked out people legitimately. Whether or not you want to believe it, he has legit knock out power.[/quote']

Franklin got caught like GSP at the base of the neck... and 9x out of 10 it'll drop you. And i dont think that where he was tring to hit him...;)

Franklin got caught like GSP at the base of the neck... and 9x out of 10 it'll drop you. And i dont think that where he was tring to hit him...;)

So? It's a legit KO either way. It's not like it's illegal to punch there. You aren't trying to be a ****, but that's what you're doing.

That is not true. Lucky is Belfort never knocking anyone out and then catching Franklin. Belfort has heavy hands.

Does Belfort ( i used a t that time) have KO power... of course! Does he have the power to TKO Franklin... Of course! I just dont see Franklin losing to that kind of fighter 9x out of 10. Plain and Simple Franklin got caught. Silva head movement and footwork won't let him get caught the same way. Skill wise Belfort doesn't have it. He has a punchers chance thats it. Thats all im trying to say.

Does Belfort ( i used a t that time) have KO power... of course! Does he have the power to TKO Franklin... Of course! I just dont see Franklin losing to that kind of fighter 9x out of 10. Plain and Simple Franklin got caught. Silva head movement and footwork won't let him get caught the same way. Skill wise Belfort doesn't have it. He has a punchers chance thats it. Thats all im trying to say.

He also has the skill set. Watch his punches, he rarely wastes punches and he almost always hits when he throws. Is every shot a KO punch? No, but he does hit. I would say Belfort has more than a punchers chance because of his speed and accuracy.

He also has the skill set. Watch his punches' date=' he rarely wastes punches and he almost always hits when he throws. Is every shot a KO punch? No, but he does hit. I would say Belfort has more than a punchers chance because of his speed and accuracy.[/quote']

Silva's accuracy is much better than Vitor's. Vitor pretty much relies on coming at you and throwing his hands. That's that last thing you want to do to Silva.

honestly i doubt Belfort can win he relies on his hand speed (we've all seen silva dodge Franklin's strikes and Franklins a very accurate striker) the only one right now who actually has a chance is probably Marquardt and A. Silva acknowledges Marquradt's improvements:“I’ve been following all his fights and he has evolved a lot since the last time we fought. He has evolved a lot, it’s hard, has a good feature for a fighter, evolved a lot during the fight. I believe he is the next champion in that category,"

Its funny how people say that Silva already beat Marquardt' date=' when Hughes already beat GSP when they had their rematch (and we all know what happened in the rematch and then their rubber match). And Hughes was considered the best WW of all time... BLA, BLA, BLA...

He beat Lindland... Lindland has ONE **** Win worth mentioning and that was a win 3 1/2 years ago to a downward slopped Jeremy Horn.[/quote']

wa u on about hes beat Gilbert Yvel, Wanderlei Silva. Randy Couture, or am i rong in saying that these ppl mean nothing in the world of mma

Archived