Rashad, top contendor or fakin it

MikeW240

What do ya think about that you Rashad lovers? We don't want to tarnish your hero but lets get real' date=' please.[/quote']

alright, im am notttt a rashad evans fan by any means at all, but you cant fake 18 and 0, he was infact undefeted for along period of time, and hes still a top contender, just because he lost one fight, and had a crappy fight with another TOP contender doesnt meen hes not a top contender, he def is, anyone who doesnt think so is just stupid and has no MMA knowledge what so ever

I think the real question is this...

How close is MikeW240 to the ban hammer? :P

Hahaha.

You don't just beat Thiago Silva and not be a top contender. In my opinion' date=' Rampage doesn't deserve a fight with Rashad because he isn't a top contender like Rashad; all this fight is is a promise to the fans... Once Rashad beats him, he is going on to be destroyed by Machida or Shogun--whoever the champ is at that time.

[edit']It's like Rashad is going up and up and up the rankings, and then he has to go back down just because UFC promised they'd fight. Rashad, imo, should get the next title shot because he is number 3 behind Shogun, and Machida.[/edit]

Ok I have to say I can't STAND Rashad Evans I was SCREAMING when Thiago almost knocked him out...That being said Rashad is a very good fighter and to answer someone elses thread Rashad would DESTROY Bisping if they fought again Rashad was not a standup fighter when they fought the 1st time but it would be UFC 100 all over again for Bisping. The dude has got some power too bad in his last fight he fought like Micheal Bisping and the old Rashad...LAME

alright' date=' im am notttt a rashad evans fan by any means at all, but you cant fake 18 and 0, he was infact undefeted for along period of time, and hes still a top contender, just because he lost one fight, and had a crappy fight with another TOP contender doesnt meen hes not a top contender, he def is, anyone who doesnt think so is just stupid and has no MMA knowledge what so ever[/quote']

I agree to a point...

but, there should be an offical ranking system.

the rankings are/should be a ladder of sorts.

*in an ideal world with official rankings*

if you lose you go to the bottom of the

ladder regardless of popularity,

and the next guy if up. period.

LOL!!

Nah.. Rashad is his favourite fighter!

Thats right, I just wanted to mix it up and see what responses I could get and who would make absolute fools out of themselves for worrying what I am writing about their hero or how many threads I write.....lol...............lol

Thats right' date=' I just wanted to mix it up and see what responses I could get and who would make absolute fools out of themselves for worrying what I am writing about their hero or how many threads I write.....lol...............lol[/quote']

Your mommy must be so proud.

Rashad is a top contender, like it or not. He is the last Light Heavyweight Champion before Machida, with a perfect record. Came back and beat another top guy who's only loss was to Machida, and although the performance didn't end with a knockout or anything, he did what he had to do to win. If he beats Rampage Jackson, he is indeed the number one contender and should get the next shot at the belt. If Rampage wins that fight, he is number one contender. I actually think he is now after shogun. He lost his belt by an arguable decision, then came back and destroyed Wanderlei and Jardine I think it was?

Archived