Anderson Silva

JP24

Why is he so underrated and underhyped, being the top p4p fighter in the UFC, dominating everyone he has faced? People actually thought the likes of Griffin and Henderson had a chance, but Anderson dominated.

Now I am NOT a personal fan of this guy, but I see a lot of trash talked about him and he doesn't deserve it. He is the best, and he's proven it and beyond. The guy is top level, period, and I think he deserves more respect.

People also hate on him for not defending--I know he would be if not for injury, and the UFC will relinquish his belt if he's away for a year (which he has not been.) Chill out, if you will.

Why is he so underrated and underhyped' date=' being the top p4p fighter in the UFC, dominating everyone he has faced? People actually thought the likes of Griffin and Henderson had a chance, but Anderson dominated.

Now I am NOT a personal fan of this guy, but I see a lot of trash talked about him and he doesn't deserve it. He is the best, and he's proven it and beyond. The guy is top level, period, and I think he deserves more respect.

People also hate on him for not defending--I know he would be if not for injury, and the UFC will relinquish his belt if he's away for a year (which he has not been.) Chill out, if you will.[/quote']

Some people don't believe he is as injured as he says he is.

A lot of people are angry that he is fighting LHW and not defending his title or at least not challenging Lyoto regardless of their friendship and how he doesn't think some opponents are not worthy of a shot.

I dont think he is underrated. Everyone knoes hes a top fighter and most people rank him as the best pound for pound fighter in the world but I do agree that he probably desreves more respect. Alot of people hate him just for being to good and making all the other middleweight matches pointless because he would destroy them all. Belfort is dangerous but I think Silva will win again.

It's more about him being lazy and not doing fights he doesn't want to because he doesn't see them as worth the trouble' date=' He pretty much made Hendo leave.[/quote']

Let's face it though.. Hendo had even less of a chance this time.

There's really not much competition for him out there, as he really IS that good.

Personally i think Anderson is the best Pound for Pound fighter in the world. Fedor my number two and GSP number three.

I Personally would like to have seen a remach between Hendo and Anderson for the fact that Hendo took anderson down at will and dominated him for that first round. But could someone update me on the whole Hendo situation.

The UFC needs to bring back Travis Lutter.......his problem was weight cut and cardio........require him to be with a legitimate camp..(maybe Greg jackson)....to make sure hes in shape......and his BBJ actually strikes alittle fear in Silva.....you could hear it in the interview......he not only took anderson down...but had him mounted.......but unfortunately......he had no gas...from trying to lose that weight.....he looked like the walking dead in that fight....and still took anderson down and mounted him.

Why is he so underrated and underhyped' date=' being the top p4p fighter in the UFC, dominating everyone he has faced? People actually thought the likes of Griffin and Henderson had a chance, but Anderson dominated.

People also hate on him for not defending--I know he would be if not for injury, and the UFC will relinquish his belt if he's away for a year (which he has not been.) Chill out, if you will.[/quote']

People talk crap about Anderson for the same reason that they talk crap about BJ, GSP, Lyoto and Brock, they're just idiots.

I don't blame Anderson for not taking fights with guys who he already beat in convincing fashion. Rich Franklin got a rematch against Anderson Silva thinking that he had it all figured out and I bet that Anderson thought this was a good chance to challenge himself, but then Rich comes in and next thing you know he's being carried off to his corner between rounds. Personally I can't believe they didn't stop the fight then, letting Rich come out for another beating was just mean.

Fact is Anderson Silva is THE best fighter in the world whether people want to accept that or not. Any fighter they throw at him, he makes them look like an amateur.

Now I know Hendo did pretty well against Anderson in round 1 of their fight, but as you could see, Anderson went back to his corner with a pissed off look on his face, next thing you know Hendo is tapping in round 2.

The UFC needs to bring back Travis Lutter.......his problem was weight cut and cardio........require him to be with a legitimate camp..(maybe Greg jackson)....to make sure hes in shape......and his BBJ actually strikes alittle fear in Silva.....you could hear it in the interview......he not only took anderson down...but had him mounted.......but unfortunately......he had no gas...from trying to lose that weight.....he looked like the walking dead in that fight....and still took anderson down and mounted him.

no

Thats why anderson needs to fight shogun' date=' mousasi, henderson again, jon "bonez" jones and fedor at a catchweight or if fedor can make 205[/quote']

Fedor at a catchweight of 205? First of all that doesn't make sense because 205 is LHW. Second, keep on dreaming. They won't fight until they are both in the same organization which just seems unlikely.

Technically' date=' he hasn't defended since April.

By the time he DOES defend, it will have been a year or more.

Regardless, he is CRAZY GOOD!

Silva VS Shogun is the big match now. If Shogun beats Machida, no doubt in my mind that Anderson will get first crack at him.[/quote']

This is THE fight now. Most folks would agree the Shogun beat Machida, so regardless if Shogun wins the title, I would think the UFC already can see the dollar signs and the credibility with Shogun vs. Silva, which could be the most amazing fight the UFC has put together, AND it should be on network tv.

Well Silva wants to retire when he's 35 (he makes a HUGE cut for 185 lbs and cutting weight no matter how many times u do it is never going 2 be a safe pratice) probably not gonna happen but would definitely be a interesting match up. Cutting ~30 lbs probably wouldn't be a good idea for Fedor but a catch weight match up if it were to ever happen would probably occur at like 215 or so Lbs. But honestly Silva has utterly cleaned out the MW division, so there aren't many interesting matchups for him there because he's too good

Anyone who says Anderson Silva is not one of the 2 best P4P fighters in the world is in denial. That said, he loses respect because of his diva attitude towards other fighters. You are a champion and need to defend your belt whether your opponent is worthy or not.

To those who believe Hendo would not have fared any better the second time against Anderson, keep in mind Henderson was the defending Pride Middleweight AND Light Heavyweight champion. He was required to unify both belts, first against Rampage then @ MW against Silva. Henderson had a bad weight cut to MW and he gassed. Given proper time to adjust to one weight class ( a couple of warm up fights) I believe the outcome would have been different.

Thats why anderson needs to fight shogun' date=' mousasi, henderson again, jon "bonez" jones and fedor at a catchweight or if fedor can make 205[/quote']

why jon jones? he just dominated matt hammill and now everyone thinks hes the next big thing. i got nothing against him but come on, anderson would make him look like an amatuer.

A stands for attitude. He gets an F for attitude. Whines alot too about fighting alot of fighters because he seems to be close friends with everybody. Machida, Wanderla Silva, etc.. Come on! fight already! Your best friends are sometimes your best competition. If you are really friends, then they will get over it. If they don't, they weren't your friends anyway.

I believe Jon Jones will be a good fight for him!

Archived