who are the real fighters in the ufc?

Uwillsubmit

you know just the guys who are down for a scrap and not there to hug and hold and lay and prey

i got

liddell

wandy

thiago silva

forrest

rampage

kos check

diego

i dont have time for fighters like edgar maynard rashad machida and so on

I like the good scraps but the technical fights are good as well. But if I had to pick fighters that are just down for a good scrap I would have to pick more old school fighters. Fighters like Don Frye and Tank Abbott come to mind.

You would probably like kick boxing more than MMA then.

Machida is MMA art. People find him boring but he is someone that has shown what being the top of an ancient art really is.

Couture, while boring vs Vera, has show that even at his he can still hang with the young folks and NORMALLY puts up a great fight.

People say Brock laid and prayed MIR, but Mir looked like his face went threw a meat grinder.

It all comes down to opinion. Kimbo will bang, but is he a real fighter compared to GSP?

you guys are emotional fellas arent you' date=' im talkin about fighters who dont play it safe and are out there to decapitate there opponent not dry **** them for 15mins[/quote']

I sort of see what your trying to say.... sort of.

I love all aspects of the sport, whether it be on the ground working for position, setting up a sub., or just some good old GnP, i really, really love watching two guys going toe to toe trying to aviod and counter, throwing caution to the wind and just banging. I love it all.

With that being said... i would rather lose an exciting fight then win a slow boring fight.

I understand what your saying, the only problem is by saying it the way you are, (dry humping for 15 minutes, lay and pray) it just makes it sound insulting to MMA in general. It takes alot to do what these guys do, its not just lay and pray and dry humping. But yes, a good all out war is always fun to watch aswell. Peace

you know just the guys who are down for a scrap and not there to hug and hold and lay and prey

i got

liddell

wandy

thiago silva

forrest

rampage

kos check

diego

i dont have time for fighters like edgar maynard rashad machida and so on

Sanchez is a joke. Any success he has had was purely a fluke. He has lost to anyone he has fought that is worth naming and Florian would destroy him now.

I agree.......Diego vs Florian........Florian ..would beat him!

Diego is mechanical and stiff......and that mean look and ........YES thing is really getting stupid and obviously doesnt work!

Anthony Robbins is probably saying quit mentioning my name.....its bad for business!

i have to say i like this thread ... because being a massive mma fan i enjoy all aspects of the game wrestling, jiu jitsu, striking the whole nine but i have to say that with whatever style you utilize in the fight a fight can get boring.. period whether its a stale stand up war or a lay and prey stalemate boring is boring .. with that said the only man that i can say that truley comes in with the worst of intentions and always put his heart and unfortunately sometimes his chin into a fight is wanderlei silva ..never boring and goes in to impress his fans and fight fans worldwide .. wanderlei for the win.. i hope he kills owns and mauls bisping

seriously it gets really annoying when people always come back with comments like, if you don't like lay and pray go watch boxing, if they wanted to watch boxing they would but obviously they wanna watch mma, and you know you never hear people saying if you like wrestling so much why don't you go watch wrestling. it's understandable that people find some fighters boring when they continuously win by decision ie maynard... and fighters that seem to want to win by decision and not even try to finish the fight.

to the op, i think you're looking for people who have good striking abilities (particularly boxing) and like to use them, bj penn and anderson silva come to mind, there's a lot of good strikers out there, but it's hard to go in every match and go crazy with striking, some times it works.

Archived