Penn vs Sadollah in 2011

raffy_handsome

Amir must cut to 155, he's a good fighter but let's admit it at 5' 11" he quite small for a WW. Amir would be a good opponent for Penn rather than those next 2 contender for the title (Edgar & Mynard). If he cuts right now and beat 1 LW, Penn will be demolishing Edgar at that time. Then comes July he'll beat again another LW, while Penn demolish Maynard. Then on December it would Amir vs Florian for the No. 1 contender. Then after cleaning the division (Title contender) fight against Penn could probably happen in March 2011. Does anyone agree with me that after Sanchez (Does he?) it's only Amir who can give Penn a challenge.

I think it's way too early in Amir's career to begin talking about switching divisions to take on champions. Right now Amir is nowhere near BJ Penn's level' date=' but then again neither are any of the other lightweights so I'm sure he'd fit in.[/quote']

this is what i was thinking.

Amir must cut to 155' date=' he's a good fighter but let's admit it at 5' 11" he quite small for a WW. Amir would be a good opponent for Penn rather than those next 2 contender for the title (Edgar & Mynard). If he cuts right now and beat 1 LW, Penn will be demolishing Edgar at that time. Then comes July he'll beat again another LW, while Penn demolish Maynard. Then on December it would Amir vs Florian for the No. 1 contender. Then after cleaning the division (Title contender) fight against Penn could probably happen in March 2011. Does anyone agree with me that after Sanchez (Does he?) it's only Amir who can give Penn a challenge.[/quote']

Amir would get murdered!! So for that reason i'd sanction the fight!! If amir fought at LW Ross Pearson would be a better match up!1 he 2 would destroy amir!! Let it be noted btw that im not a fan of Amir!! A very realistic match up (being from uk) would be Nick Oscipciak from ruffhouse). that would be close !!

It's so crazy it might just work.

That's a bold statement. Sadollah is impressive hes got a good ground game and great striking and does look small for WW. March 2011 maybe a little too soon Id give this guy some time to beat some top competition. Diego was a top level WW and we saw how he fared.

Do you think Sadollah would beat diego? I don't think so. But interesting idea.

Amir must cut to 155' date=' he's a good fighter but let's admit it at 5' 11" he quite small for a WW. .[/quote']

GSP is 5'10".

Serra is 5'5".

BJ is 5'9" and was WW champion.

Matt Hughes is 5'9".

Carlos Newton is 5'9".

Pat Militech is 5'10".

Amir would actually be the biggest WW champion in history. I don't think you could possibly fail any more if you tried.

It's so crazy it might just work.

That's a bold statement. Sadollah is impressive hes got a good ground game and great striking and does look small for WW. March 2011 maybe a little too soon Id give this guy some time to beat some top competition. Diego was a top level WW and we saw how he fared.

Do you think Sadollah would be diego? I don't think so. But interesting idea.

i dont think he could cut to 155 but i still think he wont beat bj diego or florian reguardless of what weight they were fighting at

I like Amir, and he's from my town of Richmond, VA, but there is NO WAY he's ready to take on someone like Penn. His striking is ok, but not great. His ground game is good, but not great. BJ's striking is superb & his ground game is unbelievable. I am by no means a BJ fan (because I think he's a crybaby when he loses), but he would destroy Amir.

i dont think he could cut to 155 but i still think he wont beat bj diego or florian reguardless of what weight they were fighting at

He would KILL Diego in any division!! That said, this is kind of a stupid and pointless thread. Why would he drop? He has won his last two fights in convincing fashion. He is still young and inexperienced but off to a good start.

GSP is 5'10".

Serra is 5'5".

Matt Hughes is 5'9".

Carlos Newton is 5'9".

Pat Militech is 5'10".

Amir would actually be the biggest WW champion in history. I don't think you could possibly fail any more if you tried.

well, just because he is an inch taller does not mean he is the biggest per say.. because i would have to say gsp is bigger than sadollah with ease

gsp is 5'10".

Serra is 5'5".

Bj is 5'9" and was ww champion.

Matt hughes is 5'9".

Carlos newton is 5'9".

Pat militech is 5'10".

Amir would actually be the biggest ww champion in history. I don't think you could possibly fail any more if you tried.

lmao !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You just took this poor guys theory and smacked him in the face with it............i love it

This is Sodallah's first year in UFC and you suggest he fights one of the best guys in the world, before he has a chance to peak? This is a silly notion based on marketability. Maybe in a few years Sadollah can take the belt (in his division). He definitely improves from fight to fight but is far from a title shot. And BJ Penn?? BJ has stepped into a different dimension over the last year and I actually would like to see him fight St. Pierre again if he can put on some pounds.

GSP is 5'10".

Serra is 5'5".

Matt Hughes is 5'9".

Carlos Newton is 5'9".

Pat Militech is 5'10".

I don't think GSP is only 5' 10", he around 3 inch taller that BJ in their weigh-in & pictorials.

Serra is a one hit wonder, even if he drops to 155 he would get terrorized.

The WW era of Hughes, Newton & Melitech is different that the WW era now, WW has evolved a lot now, smaller guys in WW now would be having hard to time to match against bigger WW like Rumble (6' 2"), Fitch (6' 1").

Do you really think Amir can beat big guys like Fitch, Rumble, Alves. So why does he needs to continue to purse a dream which is imposible, then waste lot much of hi time in the process. he should learn from what happent to Diego in WW.

Keep in mind @ 5'11" he would be a lot weaker due to muscle mass loss and guys who are smaller would out muscle him. He is not the best of strikers so without the strength to take his opponents down he would get owned standing by the top LW's. I see no more advancement for Amir at LW than at WW. Keep in mind he is already 29 years old so too much hope for a bright future may be futile.

Amir must cut to 155' date=' he's a good fighter but let's admit it at 5' 11" he quite small for a WW. Amir would be a good opponent for Penn rather than those next 2 contender for the title (Edgar & Mynard). If he cuts right now and beat 1 LW, Penn will be demolishing Edgar at that time. Then comes July he'll beat again another LW, while Penn demolish Maynard. Then on December it would Amir vs Florian for the No. 1 contender. Then after cleaning the division (Title contender) fight against Penn could probably happen in March 2011. Does anyone agree with me that after Sanchez (Does he?) it's only Amir who can give Penn a challenge.[/quote']

Amir is a very intelligent and likeable. He's a little green though for Penn. Penn has experience that would be hard to catch up with. Penn has fought for so many title fights and actually had the WW title at one time. Amir just hasn't been fighting enough and hasn't fought against any top contenders. So it's a little early yet. When you lose weight you normal get weaker. Takes a long time to regain strength at a lower weight class. Penn is such a natural LW.

5' date='11 small for a WW? Most LHW's are about 6ft tall, so one ince smaller is too small for WW?[/quote']

I'm sure he meant body-wise.

I don't think Amir cuts very much weight to hit 170. Looks to me like he's about 175 or so on fight night. Compared to Georges (184-185), Thiago (190ish?), or Rumble (195??!!), Amir would look REALLY small.

He needs to either put on some muscle mass, or cut to 155. He'd likely have a ton of reach on BJ, lol.

Well I still think Amir could still pack on a solid 10 or 15 pounds of muscle and just cut more (he walks around like 175ish), I was just saying that the main basis for TC's argument was that he is 5'11. While he wouldn't be the tallest WW by any means, that doesn't mean anything. GSP isn't the tallest WW either, I was just saying that you don't have to be the biggest one in the class to dictate whether you're title holder material or not. By that logic, Tim Sylvia and Stefan Struve would be the best fighters in history. Hell, Fedor is only 6 foot even.

And Wanderlei is only 5'11, yet he's one of the most dominant LHWs of all time. Height really doesn't matter as much as TC makes it sound.

Well I still think Amir could still pack on a solid 10 or 15 pounds of muscle and just cut more (he walks around like 175ish)' date=' I was just saying that the main basis for TC's argument was that he is 5'11. While he wouldn't be the tallest WW by any means, that doesn't mean anything. GSP isn't the tallest WW either, I was just saying that you don't have to be the biggest one in the class to dictate whether you're title holder material or not. By that logic, Tim Sylvia and Stefan Struve would be the best fighters in history. Hell, Fedor is only 6 foot even.

And Wanderlei is only 5'11, yet he's one of the most dominant LHWs of all time. Height really doesn't matter as much as TC makes it sound.[/quote']

Well I guess it's all in how you interpret it.

I took it as meaning that he's a skinny 5'11" at WW. If he stayed the same size and cut to 155, he'd be big.

Make sense?

Yea. IDK if he could comfortably make it to 155, but if he could he'd be a monster as long as he didn't lose muscle mass and become a weakling Nate Diaz type at 155. He's got some good strength where he's at, he TKO'd Gerald Harris on TUF, almost knocked out Phil Baroni and dazed Blackburn badly (probably could have finished him if he hadn't went for takedowns.)

Archived