P4p

Technique

What does Pound for Pound best fighter mean to you?

It's a little ambiguous to me. Brings me back to when I learned about the Wolverine in school and was told that it's P4P one of the most ferocious animals out there. I always looked at it as if you could make the wolverine the size of any other animal it would destroy it.

In fighting I like to look at it the same way. If you could create a proportional HW georges st. pierre would he wreck everyone at HW? If you could create a proportional HW BJ penn would he be the best? Anderson is almost that size but can look at it the same way.

My opinion is that if you look at it like that GSP is far and away the best P4P fighter.

People make the argument that Fedor fights guys 30, 40, 50 or more pounds heavier than him and has never lost. But as far as skill goes I see much less skill and technical brilliance in the HW division. And in Fedor's last fight he got brutally ground and pounded for a while, granted Rogers was much larger. But if you look at Anderson Silva, BJ, And GSP's last fights they weren't touched. THey imposed their will and dominated completely. That's the mark of a P4P great.

It' I always looked at it as if you could make the wolverine the size of any other animal it would destroy it.

EXACTLY! If you could take a fighter and magically make him the proportional size as the champ in another wieght class would his skill win the fight? Then he's P4P better.

what does pound for pound best fighter mean to you?

It's a little ambiguous to me. Brings me back to when i learned about the wolverine in school and was told that it's p4p one of the most ferocious animals out there. I always looked at it as if you could make the wolverine the size of any other animal it would destroy it.

In fighting i like to look at it the same way. If you could create a proportional hw georges st. Pierre would he wreck everyone at hw? If you could create a proportional hw bj penn would he be the best? Anderson is almost that size but can look at it the same way.

My opinion is that if you look at it like that gsp is far and away the best p4p fighter.

People make the argument that fedor fights guys 30' date=' 40, 50 or more pounds heavier than him and has never lost. But as far as skill goes i see much less skill and technical brilliance in the hw division. And in fedor's last fight he got brutally ground and pounded for a while, granted rogers was much larger. But if you look at anderson silva, bj, and gsp's last fights they weren't touched. They imposed their will and dominated completely. That's the mark of a p4p great.[/quote']

i will side with you that my belief is that gsp is the best p4p fighter in the world right now, but before i conclude that i am 100% correct on that, id like to see him fight anderson silva

Eh idk thing about this is that different builds work differently at different weights. Do you think a build like BJ's would work well at HW? Or how about some one with a body type like Lesnar's at LW?

That's a good point. They would prob look like a freakshow either way. I don't see any other way of visualizing p4p may also be the weed

P4P is undefined. There is no right P4P definition, it's just who you think is better. If I was to do a P4P ranking(which I am not going to because it's stupid), I would only go for the amount of skills a fighter has. But someone else could go with who has the most wins over top competition. It's all speculation on who is the best in different weight classes, but it's also pointless because it's speculation.

It's a little ambiguous to me. Brings me back to when I learned about the Wolverine in school and was told that it's P4P one of the most ferocious animals out there. I always looked at it as if you could make the wolverine the size of any other animal it would destroy it.

In fighting I like to look at it the same way. If you could create a proportional HW georges st. pierre would he wreck everyone at HW? If you could create a proportional HW BJ penn would he be the best? Anderson is almost that size but can look at it the same way.

My opinion is that if you look at it like that GSP is far and away the best P4P fighter.

People make the argument that Fedor fights guys 30' date=' 40, 50 or more pounds heavier than him and has never lost. But as far as skill goes I see much less skill and technical brilliance in the HW division. And in Fedor's last fight he got brutally ground and pounded for a while, granted Rogers was much larger. But if you look at Anderson Silva, BJ, And GSP's last fights they weren't touched. THey imposed their will and dominated completely. That's the mark of a P4P great.[/quote']

This is exactly how I've always thought of it, which I'm pretty sure is how most people think of it.

Personally I'd say that Anderson Silva does a much better job at dominating his weight class than GSP does, not to mention he's a pretty dominant LHW as well. I think that Anderson is by far the best pound for pound fighter on Earth, but GSP is definitely second to only him.

When I think of the Pound for Pound best fighter in the world, the traditional names of Anderson Silva and Fedor Emelianenko come to mind, however I also feel that Georges St, Pierre and BJ Penn could be thrown into this argument. Looking at what St. Pierre has done in the welterweight division is astonishing and he continues to get better with each fight. BJ Penn is dominating the lightweight division with his mixture of arguably the best BJJ in MMA, and his excellent striking.

People make the argument that Fedor fights guys 30' date=' 40, 50 or more pounds heavier than him and has never lost. But as far as skill goes I see much less skill and technical brilliance in the HW division. [b']And in Fedor's last fight he got brutally ground and pounded for a while, granted Rogers was much larger.[/b] But if you look at Anderson Silva, BJ, And GSP's last fights they weren't touched. THey imposed their will and dominated completely. That's the mark of a P4P great.

Oh yeah brutal. There was like how many flush shots (2-3) and it lasted a long time (7 seconds) Fedor was so rocked he almost had trouble sweeping the much larger Rogers.

Brett almost had him.

Archived