Gray Maynard vs Diego Sanchez

BMTHSSA7XADTR

I'd say if Maynard really wants to be a serious title contender' date=' he would have to walk through sanchez. However, just cant see it happening, LW division needs some new quality fighters, WEC maybe??[/quote']

I agree, its hard to see who could give BJ PENN a good fight at the moment. It will be a shame if he has to move up again. Sanchez is Mr intensity and he got destroyed. Maynard would have to get him down imo to win and he could not beat Penn on his feet or on the ground

Maynard would get pummeled' date=' he dosent do enough in the octagon and Diego would be all over him like canadians on GSP.[/quote']

Very true, I stoped going to bars up here durring GSP fights because every yahoo in town is there to cheer for very little. GSP is good but no finish now.

Founder of Canadians Against GSP (CAG)

Boosh!

I'd say Maynard by Unanimous Decision if he fights smart.

Your thoughts?

As much as I hate Diego Sanchez and think he's a *****, Gray Maynard doesnt stand a chance against him right now. Give it about a year, and we could see this, and maybe Maynard has a chance! Id love to see it though, Gray Maynards an excellent boxer and he wrestled for Michigan State with Rashad and Jon Madsen, plus he beat Nate Diaz who is the second biggest ***** next to Sanchez. Would love to see him KO or tap Diego out

As much as I hate Diego Sanchez and think he's a *****' date=' Gray Maynard doesnt stand a chance against him right now. Give it about a year, and we could see this, and maybe Maynard has a chance! Id love to see it though, Gray Maynards an excellent boxer and he wrestled for Michigan State with Rashad and Jon Madsen, plus he beat Nate Diaz who is the second biggest ***** next to Sanchez. Would love to see him KO or tap Diego out[/quote']

I agree. It may be a year before Diego shows his face again after the last azz whoppin by penn. lol

Hmm, it would be a decent fight. I think Diego would win in the standup, as his standup is superior. However, Gray's wrestling is even better then Kos, and he'd most likely take Diego down at will. Diego isn't good in a guard position, as he submission's are generally through the top mount position.

All in all, I know Diego would probably just run through Gray's punches, as he has one heck of a chin.

Hmm' date=' it would be a decent fight. I think Diego would win in the standup, as his standup is superior. However,[b'] Gray's wrestling is even better then Kos, [/b]and he'd most likely take Diego down at will. Diego isn't good in a guard position, as he submission's are generally through the top mount position.

All in all, I know Diego would probably just run through Gray's punches, as he has one heck of a chin.

1)thats not true

2) i fail to see what relevence that has in a fight with maynard and sanchez

I'd say if Maynard really wants to be a serious title contender' date=' he would have to walk through sanchez. However, just cant see it happening, LW division needs some new quality fighters, WEC maybe??[/quote']

I was thinking the same thing. Maynard needs to make the next step in his training, more than what he has already shown even.

WEC lightweights are good, only move a couple up I think we have a couple that can beat BJ, Maynard and Edgar being a couple of them. They need to just start training like champions, thats the difference in my opinion.

Archived