mir vs carwin ufc 111

Robert_Williams

I'm pulling for Carwin no doubt, but if it does end early I'm sure it'll be because of Mir. I really wouldn't be surprised one bit if it ended in decision.

I'm hoping that it at least goes on into the later rounds to see what Carwin's cardio is like. Either way it's a win/win Mir vs Lesnar 3 will be big if it happens.

Carwin definitly has the KO power in his hands, we have seen it in his past fights and its the reason why he is 11-0, but if the fight makes it to the ground Mir should have no problem controlling the fight. Mir is a black belt in BJJ while Carwin only holds a Brown belt. Carwin is also a division II wrestler. My prediction is Mir by Submission early second round.

no brainer there- Mir in the first or early in the second' date=' probably by KO

have you seen him lately>? Mir is HUGE- every bit of 265, and as i understand it, his goal is revenge against Brock "I now crap through my belly button cause i ate nothing but red meat" Lesnar[/quote']Even if they weighed the the same, Brock will always be twice as strong as Mir. He's a genetic freak.

You can soup up a Pinto as much as you like, but it will never be a Ferrari.

I must say it will be a hell of a fight if they get to fight eachother again.
I doubt it.

Brock will TD him easily due to be 1000x better at wrestling.

Get on top of him.

Wash, rinse, repeat.

It won't even be competitive.

I only want to see this fight because it will crush everybodies "size" excuse they use against Brock, and crush the dreams and obsession Frank Mir has with Brock and render him suicidal like he was after his Vera loss.

I doubt it.

Brock will TD him easily due to be 1000x better at wrestling.

Get on top of him.

Wash' date=' rinse, repeat.

It won't even be competitive.

I only want to see this fight because it will crush everybodies "size" excuse they use against Brock, and crush the dreams and obsession Frank Mir has with Brock and render him suicidal.[/quote']

I think Mir will stand a better chance because Brock hasn't fought someone as big as him yet. But on this subject I really don't care cause deep down I hate both of them so really its a win win for me.

I think Mir will stand a better chance because Brock hasn't fought someone as big as him yet. But on this subject I really don't care cause deep down I hate both of them so really its a win win for me.

Big doesn't mean jack. Stengthwise Brock has a huge edge on Mir. Stylistically he does as well. Mirs weight is only going to weigh him down after Brock easily takes him down and puts him on his back.

Big doesn't mean jack. Stengthwise Brock has a huge edge on Mir. Stylistically he does as well. Mirs weight is only going to weigh him down after Brock easily takes him down and puts him on his back.

Brock has a lot of strength but as far as style I haven't seen much past ground and pound. Maybe he needs to work on submissions as well so that he can be a well-rounded fighter.

I'm pulling for Carwin no doubt' date=' but if it does end early I'm sure it'll be because of Mir. I really wouldn't be surprised one bit if it ended in decision.

I'm hoping that it at least goes on into the later rounds to see what Carwin's cardio is like. Either way it's a win/win Mir vs Lesnar 3 will be big if it happens.[/quote']

There is no way it will go all three, they will both be so tired after 1 somebody will get caught with something...

Brock has a lot of strength but as far as style I haven't seen much past ground and pound. Maybe he needs to work on submissions as well so that he can be a well-rounded fighter.

I heard you were a well rounded chick, nice rack with a great behind. Is this true? I figure I would get my facts straight so i'm not spreading rumors.

How are subpar submission skills going to help Brock against a BJJ black belt? Brock is a Matt Huges style fighter. He's a power wrestler, he takes opponents down and has devastating GNP. That is his easiest path to victory especially against a guy like Mir, who has crap wrestling in comparison.

How are subpar submission skills going to help Brock against a BJJ black belt? Brock is a Matt Huges style fighter. He's a power wrestler' date=' he takes opponents down and has devastating GNP. That is his easiest path to victory especially against a guy like Mir, who has crap wrestling in comparison.[/quote']

Matt Hughes finished fights with submissions.

Wow this whole thread is All about Mir, Shall I remind all of you that Mir's last 2 big wins were set up from standing, KO over Nog and submitted kongo while he was dazed from a punch. I think its gonna be hard for Mir to stand with Carwin he has too much power. Not to mention Carwin could pose simiar Lesnar like problems for Mir via ground and pound. The stand up i belive will be key.. I think CARWIN WILL PROVE HE IS #1 CONTENDER after he beats Mir via KO

no brainer there- Mir in the first or early in the second' date=' probably by KO

have you seen him lately>? Mir is HUGE- every bit of 265, and as i understand it, his goal is revenge against Brock "I now crap through my belly button cause i ate nothing but red meat" Lesnar[/quote']

I don't think he seriously believes he can beat Brock though, he's an intelligent guy.

MIR is now 284 lbs. and has a goal of being 285 lbs. and 10% or less body fat by the time he fights Broc....and anyone who thinks that Mir being 43 lbs. of muscle heavier and alot stronger (mark Philippi..strength training coach) I think the increased strength is going to be a bigger factor then the 43 lbs. gain.

2. Frank will beat Carwin...because although carwin has great power...and great wrestling....Mir has a more complete boxing and leg kicks.

Carwin will want to keep it standing just to stay out of Mirs Guard......

3. Broc is a 2 trick Pony ...will be rusty, and not advanced his game since his last fight....Mir on the other hand gets better and better and bigger and bigger and stronger and stronger.

4. Broc is nothing like Matt Hughes....Matt Hughes actually has good submissions....Broc has NONE.

Frank will either TKO Carwin...or carwin will go to take Mir down ...stick his neck in there and get chocked out like Kongo.

I do think Carwin is a more well rounded fighter and hits harder then Broc.

Brock would gas in a 5 round fight.....

MIR is now 284 lbs. and has a goal of being 285 lbs. and 10% or less body fat by the time he fights Broc....and anyone who thinks that Mir being 43 lbs. of muscle heavier and alot stronger (mark Philippi..strength training coach) I think the increased strength is going to be a bigger factor then the 43 lbs. gain.

2. Frank will beat Carwin...because although carwin has great power...and great wrestling....Mir has a more complete boxing and leg kicks.

Carwin will want to keep it standing just to stay out of Mirs Guard......

3. Broc is a 2 trick Pony ...will be rusty' date=' and not advanced his game since his last fight....Mir on the other hand gets better and better and bigger and bigger and stronger and stronger.

4. Broc is nothing like Matt Hughes....Matt Hughes actually has good submissions....Broc has NONE.

Frank will either TKO Carwin...or carwin will go to take Mir down ...stick his neck in there and get chocked out like Kongo.

I do think Carwin is a more well rounded fighter and hits harder then Broc.

Brock would gas in a 5 round fight.....[/quote']You guys live in delusional hope that Brock will lose and nothing more.

People only became obsessed with size in MMA after Brock demolished Mir last time so they needed to make an excuse as to why Brock won. Before that it was pretty much common knowledge that size was not the defining factor in fights and that huge guys like Bob Sapp and HMC suck.

Mir will never have Brock's strength, speed, athleticism or wrestling, and and those are the things that set him apart from Mir.

Brock ran the 40 yard dash in 4.65 seconds and has a 35 inch vertical leap. He can deadlift 720 pounds, squat 695 and bench-press 475.

He's a genetic freak.

You think a guy like Mir can muster up half that strength or athleticism by adding a few pounds in a gym? You can build strength only to a certain point and then it becomes genetics. If you lift your entire life like Brock, you slowly accumulate what you call dry muscle, which is essential to functional strength. Some guy like Mir who only put half a year into strength training who does not have freak genetics will never have anywhere close to that level of functional strength.

A little reality for the delusional out there.

He doesnt need to be as strong as Brock ..this is MMA

All he has to do is make him TAP for the second time!!

You may know way too much about brock!

I think you are delusional because you want Brock for President..lol

You are talking in any MMA reality....Broc is Big and can Wrestle...he has no submissions.....so he really isnt a MMA fighter.....he will get beat.....next fight......

And you really have no idea what Mir can do how strong he can become etc....your just guessing.........and i really dont think you have any idea how strong Carwin is.....so be realistic.....

He doesnt need to be as strong as Brock ..this is MMA

All he has to do is make him TAP for the second time!!

You may know way too much about brock!

I think you are delusional because you want Brock for President..lol

You are talking in any MMA reality....Broc is Big and can Wrestle...he has no submissions.....so he really isnt a MMA fighter.....he will get beat.....next fight......

And you really have no idea what Mir can do how strong he can become etc....your just guessing.........and i really dont think you have any idea how strong Carwin is.....so be realistic.....

Brock beat the **** out of Mir for 98% of their two fights... hell he nearly beat Mir the first time they fought and it was his second MMA fight ever! .... and Mir spent most of his life training!

All he needed was a little sub defense and he completely dominated the poor little nerd. Brock is like the guy who picked on Mir in highschool.

I heard you were a well rounded chick' date=' nice rack with a great behind. Is this true? I figure I would get my facts straight so i'm not spreading rumors.[/quote']

Depends on what you call well rounded. Some men like flat chested women, I'm a 34DD God made. As for the behind I get enough comments from guys about wanting that swing on their back porch. Now that we've cleared up the rumors let's go back to UFC.

You guys live in delusional hope that Brock will lose and nothing more.

People only became obsessed with size in MMA after Brock demolished Mir last time so they needed to make an excuse as to why Brock won. Before that it was pretty much common knowledge that size was not the defining factor in fights and that huge guys like Bob Sapp and HMC suck.

Mir will never have Brock's strength' date=' speed, athleticism or wrestling, and and those are the things that set him apart from Mir.

[b']Brock ran the 40 yard dash in 4.65 seconds and has a 35 inch vertical leap. He can deadlift 720 pounds, squat 695 and bench-press 475.[/b]

He's a genetic freak.

You think a guy like Mir can muster up half that strength or athleticism by adding a few pounds in a gym? You can build strength only to a certain point and then it becomes genetics. If you lift your entire life like Brock, you slowly accumulate what you call dry muscle, which is essential to functional strength. Some guy like Mir who only put half a year into strength training who does not have freak genetics will never have anywhere close to that level of functional strength.

A little reality for the delusional out there.

Having watched him when he was a "superstar" at his former profession of sports entertainment, I never once noted speed as being a word to describe Brock. The fastest I've ever seen Brock move was when he was tapping Mir's butt.

i would like carwin to beat mir cause mir needs to calm down a bit, he's way too arrogant, so what if he is a great fighter, ****y as hell, and perhaps lesner will lose his comeback fight due to a long lay off so the mir lesner rematch could still happen. i'm going for carwin in this match.

The only way Carwin wins this is if he gets lucky on the punchers chance. Mir is absolutely one of the most perfectly well rounded heavyweights in the business. I would say Fedor is just a little above Mir in the best overall skilled heavyweights in the business, and the only reason Mir isn't on Fedors level is because I don't think his mental game is quite there. Mir talent wise is as good as any now.

Archived