If Randy loses to Coleman should he retire?

nusa

If he loses to coleman i think he should retire what are your thoughts?

Not sure if he should retire. As long as someone at the UFC is willing to pay him (enough) to fight, and he enjoys the buzz of doing it I don't see why he would.

I do think he isn't main event material anymore though, but enjoyable to watch none the less.

IMO age is finally catching up with him, but if he can still fight full on for 3 rounds like he did vs Nog then he's in better shape than some fighters half his age.

Well at minimum he should go to strikeforce or some other B league, this is MMA not WWE. We can all watch his old fights and remember him but as far as his career he has done it all in the past and is getting old, his style and cardio should be taylor made to beat Coleman on paper, if he can't do it then he is never going to beat a worthy opponent again. We don't just pay for entertainment we pay for fights, fighters can't stick around at the top level forever just to "entertain" us, they need to have the potential to win fights. On a side note if he does go to strikeforce his legacy will be damage somewhat even if he loses at the age he is.

If Randy was to put in a sub par performance and lose badly well the end is nigh for UFC which only in my opinion is extstreamly unlikely. Randy loves competing i dont think he would have a timeframe on retirement while he has that incrediable desire to compete agianst the best i personally dont think he will be satisifided unless he gets a fight with Fedor which would be a absolute highlight for Randy to call it a day win or lose he would feel he took on the best throughout his career. He seems to be trying to get in as many fights as he can while he still can after this current contact expires is it possible he may fight for strikeforse if a fight with Fedor could be arranged?? surely in the unlikely event that could happen Dana would have something up his sleave to prevent that . Randy to tko in 3rd round for mine after coleman predictablly gases on cue

Losing a fight is no reason to retire.

Bonnar didn't retire after losing to Coleman.

But Bonnar should. He peaked out long ago and hasn't increased his skills nor his speed. Losing a fight may not be a reason to retire. But losing fights due lack of building skills is another. Randy is at a similar crossroad due to his age. I think he's slowed down a bit. Several hits he took against Nog would have been avoided if he fought him a couple of years earlier, IMO. He evolved as he aged to counter his shortcomings. However, I believe Randy is at the point of diminishing returns, here.

Win or lose, Randy should retire. He's done it all and then some. Going to Strikeforce or some other venue would tarnish his career a bit like it did to Babe Ruth going to the minors when he couldn't even round first base.

He should retire if he loses but he wont even if he gets handled because hes still under contract with UFC for like 4 more fights, and he knows hell make himself some money with a few more nice fights, plus Randy DOESNT give up, guys the Natural, its what he does!

It's funny because I was watching UFC Unleashed I think last night and the fight between Randy Couture and Pedro Rizzo was on. At that time Randy was 37 and they were talking about his age for half of the fight implying that he's simply too old for mma.

Here we are almost a decade later and he is not only still fighting in the UFC, he's still winning UFC fights.

Randy is not going to retire because of a simple loss, he'll retire when his body begins to deteriorate and only then!

Coleman is still a very good fighter, he destoryed Bonnar at UFC100

If Randy loses then its just a step back to geting that title shot. He prolly got 3/4 more fights lefted on his contract and even then, if he still fit and has the passion to keep fighting. Let him.

Archived