"Best of Pride"

tuf1_

yellow cards were a penalty for stalling the action' date=' I believe they indicated a loss of a percentage of your purse. They actually make really good motivators to pick up the pace of the fight.[/quote']

Thanks, I noticed they showed it to Anderson Silva but he went on to win anyway. Was just curious for future reference.:)

It was already better than the previous two Fight Nights they showed before it. And some of the others.

well its kinda obvious that the BEST of pride would be better then a fight night..

and yeah the show over exceeded my expectations.. shows amazing.. they aired about 5 explosive fights.. every single one was amazing.. and a buddy of mines who has never been interested in mma (ufc) watched the episode and fell in love with pride

yellow cards were a penalty for stalling the action' date=' I believe they indicated a loss of a percentage of your purse. They actually make really good motivators to pick up the pace of the fight.[/quote']

10% off your pay check.. big amount lmao.. so yeah its deffinately gonna motivate any1 to fight.. and i love how PRIDE screams out commands.. like ''FIGHT'' its like a street fighter game.. hope the TUF guys realized that mma existed in other places as well

well its kinda obvious that the BEST of pride would be better then a fight night..

and yeah the show over exceeded my expectations.. shows amazing.. they aired about 5 explosive fights.. every single one was amazing.. and a buddy of mines who has never been interested in mma (ufc) watched the episode and fell in love with pride

I didn't know what to expect honestly. But after five fights I didn't realize an hour had gone by and that was all they were showing. I was still wanting to see more. I think that was one of the first times I had actually watched Wanderlei (sp?) fight. I was pretty impressed.

It was already better than the previous two Fight Nights they showed before it. And some of the others.

+1' date='000,000

I actually enjoyed it. It was the first time I have ever seen Pride, the only thing I didn't get was the yellow cards. When they show them is that a warning or does it mean they've lost a point?

15% of your purse, thats a lot too make fighters press the action. At Dynamite Minowa vs Sokoudjou they got 3 yellow cards for not fighting.

Red cards if I rememeber are for points deducted.

+1' date='000,000

15% of your purse, thats a lot too make fighters press the action. At Dynamite Minowa vs Sokoudjou they got 3 yellow cards for not fighting.

Red cards if I rememeber are for points deducted.[/quote']

Thanks, not used to the scoring system for Pride. Still trying to learn all of the rules for UFC.

I didn't know what to expect honestly. But after five fights I didn't realize an hour had gone by and that was all they were showing. I was still wanting to see more. I think that was one of the first times I had actually watched Wanderlei (sp?) fight. I was pretty impressed.

Now you know why he has so many die hard fans like myself.

Sucks I missed it.

They didn't use a point system in PRIDE. Decisions were based on the judging of the overall performance, factoring in control. damage taken and inflicted, and attempts at finishing. A decision winner would have to be the pretty obvious winner, they didn't mind giving draws when they were warranted. Many disputed split decisions, and even a few unanimous one sided decisions in the UFC would go the other way or to a draw in PRIDE.

A yellow card is the warning for stalling or rules violations, red card is deduction from the purse.

Anyway they showed some great fights, and there is many hours worth of great fights available to choose from. This series should be great and hopefully will illuminate why some of the PRIDE alum are considered the best in the world.

I did find it a little funny that other than Wandi/Rampage all the fights were basically UFC vs Strikeforce.

yeah i kinda dig the ring. the ufc is known for the octogon' date=' but the ring is also good. and it looked huge too lotsa room to fight[/quote']

Yeah going from the ring to the octagon was the biggest adjustment most PRIDE fighters had to make, especially the primary strikers like Wandi and Cro Cop. If you noticed Wandi was one of the best at using the ring and the ropes to his advantage. In that fight with Rampage he blocked a TD at least 3 times using the ropes. That and the different surface made the transition extra tough for the strikers. Now that he has had over a year to train in an actual octagon, we may be blessed with a return to form for the AxeMurderer.

I for one prefer the octagon for the fights, though it favors ground fighting more than strikers.

Throw PRIDE rules (minus kicks to the head of a downed man, on their knees is ok but flat on their back no) and judging into the octagon and you have the winning product right there!

How was the presentation? I've seen all the fights' date=' but I was curious as to what the presentation would look like. Did they hype the fights up etc.?[/quote']

They used the event announcers all the way, Bas, Maurillo, and alternating thirds. That was classy to me. They used what's her-name (she does the insider stuff) for intros, with good even hype for every fighter, but used original broadcast fight audio. Bas is the best!

They used the event announcers all the way' date=' Bas, Maurillo, and alternating thirds. That was classy to me. They used what's her-name (she does the insider stuff) for intros, with good even hype for every fighter, but used original broadcast fight audio. [b']Bas is the best![/b]

You are free to join my El Guapo Nation club to express your liking of Bas!

But that's cool. I'll have to remember to watch it next week. I'm really glad people are getting to see just what Shogun and Wandy are capable of. Hopefully they show Shogun Vs Rampage so people can TRULY understand what Shogun is capable of.

they can call it the best of pride all they want, you won't see it. they won't show anything thats detrimental to the UFC, there will be no Hendo/Wandy, i doubt they'll show Chonan/Silva and a certain Russian will not be seen either despite being one of (if not) the best in the buisness. you'll get the watered down version

they can call it the best of pride all they want' date=' you won't see it. they won't show anything thats detrimental to the UFC, there will be no Hendo/Wandy, i doubt they'll show Chonan/Silva and a certain Russian will not be seen either despite being one of (if not) the best in the buisness. you'll get the watered down version[/quote']

Hendo Vs Wandy 2 was the most epic moment in Pride history. Hendo made history that night. But they won't show it. They also won't show that amazing submission Chonan pulled off. Even though they showed Randleman Vs Fedor is the preview, I doubt we'll see either, as both are in different orgs.

Hendo Vs Wandy 2 was the most epic moment in Pride history. Hendo made history that night. But they won't show it. They also won't show that amazing submission Chonan pulled off. Even though they showed Randleman Vs Fedor is the preview' date=' I doubt we'll see either, as both are in different orgs.[/quote']

yea, what with Wandy's upcoming fight with Bisping and Hendo leaving for SF, i wouldn't imagine they'd show it, it's a shame. Pride had great moments but some of them won't be seen by the new fans, like you said these moments are history, the UFC can't change it but they'll definitely try

How was the presentation? I've seen all the fights' date=' but I was curious as to what the presentation would look like. Did they hype the fights up etc.?[/quote']

the presentation was a little lack luster.. they didnt even show the stair downs.. would just jump into a fight and right when it ended theyd jump to the next fight.. kinda wack.. but the fights they put on made up for it... would of been nice to watch wandys famous staredown while rampage smiles back.. but w/e

the presentation was a little lack luster.. they didnt even show the stair downs.. would just jump into a fight and right when it ended theyd jump to the next fight.. kinda wack.. but the fights they put on made up for it... would of been nice to watch wandys famous staredown while rampage smiles back.. but w/e

Wanderlei/ Rampage staredowns were the best I've seen yet. Just the intensity alone makes it memorable, too bad they left it out.

Archived