New MMA Promotion

K22UFC

If you were starting a new MMA promotion and you could have any 15 fighters from the UFC excluding the champions who would they be. Here is my list in no order.

1.Rashad Evans

2.Jon Jones

3.Rampage Jackson

4.Frank Mir

5.Forrest Griffin

6.Cain Velasquez

7.Wanderlei Silva

8.Vitor Belfort

9.Rodrigo Nogueira

10.Jon Fitch

11.Shane Carwin

12.Thiago Alves

13.Kenny Florian

14.Tito Ortiz

15.Diego Sanchez

If you want it to be successful you would need Randy Couture simply for the fact he is still a huge draw and the only reason he is still in the UFC and headlining main events.

Ya but I would rather have someone like Jon Jones who has his whole career left compared to Couture who probably doesnt have much fights left.

LW:

1. Diego Sanchez

2. Kenny Florian

3. Takanori Gomi

WW:

4. Jon Fitch (or Thiago Alves)

5. Josh Koscheck

6. Paul Daley

MW:

7. Nate Marquardt

8. Vitor Belfort

9. W. Silva

LHW:

10. Shogun

11. Rampage Jackson

12. Bones Jones

HW:

13. Big Nog

14. Junior Dos Santos

15. Frank Mir

Interesting thread.

HW - Frank Mir, Junior Dos Santos, Big Nog

LHW - Rashad Evans, Lil' Nog, Jon Jones

MW - Nate Marquardt, Vitor Belfort, Michael Bisping (for the UK fans)

WW - Rory MacDonald, Jon Fitch, Thiago Alves

LW - Diego Sanchez, Kenny Florian, Tyson Griffin

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HW

- Frank Mir

- Big Nog

- Randy Couture

LHW

- Rampage Jackson

- Mauricio Rua

- Lyoto Machida

MW

- Rich Franklin

- Nate Marquardt

- Vitor Belfort

WW

- Paul Daley

- Thiago Alves

- Matt Hughes

LW

- Joe Stevenson

- Terry Etim

- George Sotiropoulos (Make UFC Bigger In Australia)

Again' date=' If you want people to tune in, you need the bait regardless how skanky it may smell. :)

Edit: You can add Kimbo to that as well for the same reason.[/quote']

it's a good point. i think a Mir, Rampage, Wandy, or Forrest can do that just fine.

Again' date=' If you want people to tune in, you need the bait regardless how skanky it may smell. :)

Edit: You can add Kimbo to that as well for the same reason.[/quote']

Ya, but there there is enough other top fighters and big names on the list that would be more than enough to get people to watch it like Rampage, Ortiz, W. Silva and loads others.

If you want it to be successful you would need Randy Couture simply for the fact he is still a huge draw and the only reason he is still in the UFC and headlining main events.

Id have to disagree with the randy comment. Randy is still in the UFC because he has shown that you can NEVER count him out.....And now that he is back down to LHW, i can honestly see him making one last run at the title........

Lw - stevenson

sanchez

guida

Ww - condit

daley

johnson

Mw - bisping

belfot

palhares

Lhw - chuck (big name for the fans)

shogun

rampage

Hw - struve

cain

Buentello ( always good for a show )

would take a few others for catch weight fights too

Id have to disagree with the randy comment. Randy is still in the UFC because he has shown that you can NEVER count him out.....And now that he is back down to LHW' date=' i can honestly see him making one last run at the title........[/quote']

Randy sells PPV and that's a fact. The hardcore fan is not who you have to cater to it's the casual fan and name recognition is everything to them. Same as Tito, Kimbo and Chuck. These are not the best available but to start a new business you need to draw fans. Of course you would want the best of the best, but these guys are not always recognizable to the average fan. Stack your promotion, sure, but if fans don't know who your trying to sell, your out of business. Throw in some names that even the noobiest of noobs would recognize and build it from there.

(EDIT) Do you think it's a coincidence Brock sells so many PPV's?

Randy sells PPV and that's a fact. The hardcore fan is not who you have to cater to it's the casual fan and name recognition is everything to them. Same as Tito' date=' Kimbo and Chuck. These are not the best available but to start a new business you need to draw fans. Of course you would want the best of the best, but these guys are not always recognizable to the average fan. Stack your promotion, sure, but if fans don't know who your trying to sell, your out of business. Throw in some names that even the noobiest of noobs would recognize and build it from there.

(EDIT) Do you think it's a coincidence Brock sells so many PPV's?[/quote']

I think you're both right. You deff want to cater to the casual fan first and foremost, but I think most casual fans now a days came form TUF 1.

Fifteen fighters is hardly a start for a promotion, but I'll play. I figure the best way to do this is to select three guys from each weight division who could be considered the initial title contenders, assuming that more fighters will be hired to fill the initial undercards and eventually produce new challengers.

In fact, I'll take 15 from the UFC and another two per division from elsewhere...

HW:

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#2 heavyweight of all time, instant credibility)

Frank Mir (sells a fight superbly, increasingly credible standup and world class BJJ)

Junior Dos Santos (the coming man, awesome standup and (reportedly) awesome BJJ)

Fedor Emelianenko: (duh...)

Andrei Arlovski: (popular, and the reports from his training at Jackson's are very positive)

LHW:

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua: (could be argued to be the rightful LHW champion, credible and exciting competitor)

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: (instant credibility, awesome standup and BJJ)

Jon Jones: (again, the coming man, awesome unconventional standup)

Gegard Mousassi: (the 'other' coming man of the LHW division)

Renato Sobral: (probably the best LHW (apart from Mousassi) outside the UFC)

MW:

Nate Marquadt: (best middleweight NOT named Anderson Silva)

Vitor Belfort: (legend in the business, entertaining fights, genuine challenger)

Michael Bisping: (better than many US fans like to admit, and helps to grow new promotion in UK)

Dan Henderson: (American folk hero, stunning KO power and awesome wrestler, again instant credibility)

Jason Miller: (entertaining as hell, endears promotion to Japanese fans, given his history there)

WW:

Dan Hardy: (sell the fight well, grows the promotion in the UK)

Carlos Condit: (credible skills, much underrated)

Amir Sadollah: (entertaining fights, appealing character)

Mariusz Zaromskis: (have you SEEN any of his DREAM fights?)

Jake Shields: (instant credibility, if dull as dishwater)

LW:

(aw, you mean I really can't pick BJ....)

Kenny Florian: (has shown his mettle by improving his game following the loss to BJ)

Terry Etim: (best British LW, awesom submissions)

Clay Guida: (as close to guartanteed FOTN as there exists in the UFC)

Shinya Aoki: (credibility with japanese fans, although I expect Florian would destroy him)

Jose Aldo: (I'm pretty sure Aldo could step up in weight and continue his awesome run of form...)

Fifteen fighters is hardly a start for a promotion' date=' but I'll play. I figure the best way to do this is to select three guys from each weight division who could be considered the initial title contenders, assuming that more fighters will be hired to fill the initial undercards and eventually produce new challengers.

In fact, I'll take 15 from the UFC and another two per division from elsewhere...

[u']HW: [/u]

Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (#2 heavyweight of all time, instant credibility)

Frank Mir (sells a fight superbly, increasingly credible standup and world class BJJ)

Junior Dos Santos (the coming man, awesome standup and (reportedly) awesome BJJ)

Fedor Emelianenko: (duh...)

Andrei Arlovski: (popular, and the reports from his training at Jackson's are very positive)

LHW:

Mauricio 'Shogun' Rua: (could be argued to be the rightful LHW champion, credible and exciting competitor)

Antonio Rogerio Nogueira: (instant credibility, awesome standup and BJJ)

Jon Jones: (again, the coming man, awesome unconventional standup)

Gegard Mousassi: (the 'other' coming man of the LHW division)

Renato Sobral: (probably the best LHW (apart from Mousassi) outside the UFC)

MW:

Nate Marquadt: (best middleweight NOT named Anderson Silva)

Vitor Belfort: (legend in the business, entertaining fights, genuine challenger)

Michael Bisping: (better than many US fans like to admit, and helps to grow new promotion in UK)

Dan Henderson: (American folk hero, stunning KO power and awesome wrestler, again instant credibility)

Jason Miller: (entertaining as hell, endears promotion to Japanese fans, given his history there)

WW:

Dan Hardy: (sell the fight well, grows the promotion in the UK)

Carlos Condit: (credible skills, much underrated)

Amir Sadollah: (entertaining fights, appealing character)

Mariusz Zaromskis: (have you SEEN any of his DREAM fights?)

Jake Shields: (instant credibility, if dull as dishwater)

LW:

(aw, you mean I really can't pick BJ....)

Kenny Florian: (has shown his mettle by improving his game following the loss to BJ)

Terry Etim: (best British LW, awesom submissions)

Clay Guida: (as close to guartanteed FOTN as there exists in the UFC)

Shinya Aoki: (credibility with japanese fans, although I expect Florian would destroy him)

Jose Aldo: (I'm pretty sure Aldo could step up in weight and continue his awesome run of form...)

This is a very good list but I would of picked King Mo instead of Sobral. Him and Jones would be a great match. They both have similar styles.

Heavyweights

- Frank Mir

- Cain Velasquez

- Dos Santos

- Todd Duffee

Light heavyweight

- Randy Couture

- Chuck Liddell

- Jone Jones

- Kimbo Silce

Middleweight

- Michael Bisping