Update on finding an opponent for Lashley after 2nd one falls thru

CindyO

One of Bobby's friends posts on the UG and shared this little snippet today.

Posted: 3 hours ago Member Since: 9/3/08

"Bobby told me that they are selecting opponents right now based on the style he wants to work on. For this fight, he wants to work on his stand up game, so that's what they were looking for in an opponent. He wants roughly two more tune-up fights and then he'll move to tougher competition. He says that he feels like he's ready for Fedor or Werdum right now, but wants to make sure before making that leap.

To my knowledge, Bobby hasn't turned down any potential opponents for this fight."

Just LOL if true=)

Cindy

If SF truly is trying to find an opponent based on the skill set Lashley wants (instead of a formidable competitive opponent at their disposal that is willing and able to take the match) then it looks bad for the decision makers-- they lack control of their product.

Cindy

Pretty lame. Would be funny for him to lose one of those "tune up" fights. lol

Let's be honest G__row they are just gonna throw a few nobodies at him to make him seem like a monster, if they throw someone at him with semi decent skills he will probably get beaten. Fedor and Werdum would beat him easily.

In my book he is a *****. He's fought nothing but horrible tomato cans, whom he knew would not challenge him. I mean c'mon man, have you seen the records of the guys he has beat????? Maybe he should grab Rosco, the Stunt Bum, in the center of the ring.

If Dana signs him i'll be ticked. Dude's a one trick pony, and has always been, and always will be a carbon copy of Lesnar, that is less stellar. Brock would humiliate him.

Maybe Dana should sign him to a one fight deal, and have him fight someone like Shane Carwin. Then we could see him pack up, after losing, and go back to using as much steroids as he can, so that he can sell his supplements.

Jason Guida took him to a decision. Nuff said.

Eh... Herring took Brock to a decision. And Herring is not a high quality fighter. And apparently that was a highly "emotional" match for Lashley. I wont make a judgement based off of one fight, but as a whole... and so far, theres some potential. The guys insanely strong... fast and athletic for his size... maybe. The maybe is the the problem. It could be that that early judgement is accurate or it could be that he's fighting rubbish. :P

Eh... Herring took Brock to a decision. And Herring is not a high quality fighter. And apparently that was a highly "emotional" match for Lashley. I wont make a judgement based off of one fight' date=' but as a whole... and so far, theres some potential. The guys insanely strong... fast and athletic for his size... maybe. The maybe is the the problem. It could be that that early judgement is accurate or it could be that he's fighting rubbish. :P[/quote']

He's fighting rubbish. Some of those guys would make us look like pros. Hey, it's Pros versus Joes with Bobby Lashley fighting Jimmy, the couch potato John, Bobby is looking good.

Seriously, the guy isn't that good. He was made to look like Lesnar in the WWE, I mean look at the tights he wore in that. He then copied him, and does the same stuff, takes opponents down, and beats them. Is this guy envious of Lesnar or what? He just seems like a total cop off of Lesnar, and he's nowhere near as gifted physically. Lesnar is faster, stronger, bigger, and actually has fought decent people. Oh, and how can you compare Guida and Herring with one another? Herring would mop the floor with Guida, unlike Lashley.

It's obvious that someone is hyping Lashley though. I'd love to see him go against some real competition. My bet is he gets KO'ed by a knee in one of these competitions, and probably by a bum that gets lucky.

I have no problem with Lashley choosing fights this way. This is how fighters should start their careers in my opinion. There's no point in jumping straight into the deep end of things when one is trying to build up their confidence in a new sport.

Comparing anyone to Lesnar is pretty dumb. Lesnar is a freak of nature.

Archived