King Mo vs Gegard Mousasi on CBS

rscott94

what an easy fight for gegard. surely this is a joke!

I don't know about that. This will be Lawal's first decent test. I also think it will be Mousasi's most threatening challenge in a while.

Lawal has done very well thus far...and we don't know how good he is yet...but that doesn't mean he might not be VERY good.

If I had to make a pick right now...I'm actually going for Lawal.

Cheers

-DR

That last fight of Mo to me wasnt all that great..Not tryin to sound hateful..He should fight sokokduo or however you spell it..

that would be much better. he doesn't have the experience or skills to deal with gegard. lawal is a decent athlete but he hasn't shown anything that would indicate he's even remotely ready to compete for a belt vs. mousasi.

that would be much better. he doesn't have the experience or skills to deal with gegard. lawal is a decent athlete but he hasn't shown anything that would indicate he's even remotely ready to compete for a belt vs. mousasi.

maybe even melvin manhoef(sp) Maybe they are doin that cause they feel like king mo is a good draw..But is mousasi even a good draw??

Mousasi will be a nice addition for the ufc but i understand he is training with Fedor and since he is just 24-25yo i bet Fedor have a huge influence on him and only if Fedor give the thumbs up i believe he will come,i am sure Dana will gladly snatch him from strikeforce if he can.

MMABay can EXCLUSIVELY reveal that Strikeforce light heavyweight champion' date=' Gegard Mousasi looks set to take on rising star, Muhammed ?King Mo? Lawal at a yet to be announced event in May.

http://mmabay.co.uk/Story%20A%2000388.html[/quote']

That would be a great fight but maybe its a step too soon for Mo. He is still inexperienced and hasnt fought top oppposition yet but I think he will have a decent chance of winning.

Does that mean Fedor will fight in May? I heard somewhere(could be completely wrong) that Fedor and Mousasi always fight in the same cards because it says so on their contracts.

This should be in the outside UFC section as well.

I started that thread and yes it says so in his contract.

But Fedor isn?t his boss, they just have a contract together, a win win situation..

Besides, UFC has never really contacted Mousasi according to himself but it seems that Dana wants him now so don?t be suprised if we see him in UFC in a few years.

He will most definatly fight in the HW division in maybe a year or so. I think he wait for Fedor to retire..

I do think this would be a great fight. But Mousasi definitly has an edge in experience, King Mo has the edge in athletecism and strength. I do think Mo still has a shot but i think Mousasi would come out with the victory. If Mo hadmore experience i think he would win, hes just not ready for Mousasi. Yet.

maybe even melvin manhoef(sp) Maybe they are doin that cause they feel like king mo is a good draw..But is mousasi even a good draw??

He's draws the hardcore fans, more than the mainstream MMA fans. And right now, the target audience for SF seems to be the more hardcore fans. Matching Mousasi and King Mo up is one of the best "drawing" fights they could put on outside of a Fedor fight, or Hendo (because the mainstream fans know him from UFC regardless of what Dana says about him) fighting.

I started that thread and yes it says so in his contract.

But Fedor isn?t his boss' date=' they just have a contract together, a win win situation..

Besides, UFC has never really contacted Mousasi according to himself but it seems that Dana wants him now so don?t be suprised if we see him in UFC in a few years.

He will most definatly fight in the HW division in maybe a year or so. I think he wait for Fedor to retire..[/quote']

If they are contractually obliged to fight on the same card, why did Mousasi fight at new years and Fedor didn't?

He's draws the hardcore fans' date=' more than the mainstream MMA fans. And right now, the target audience for SF seems to be the more hardcore fans. Matching Mousasi and King Mo up is one of the best "drawing" fights they could put on outside of a Fedor fight, or Hendo (because the mainstream fans know him from UFC regardless of what Dana says about him) fighting.[/quote']

hmmm..I have only watched two fights of mousasi..At dynamite and on the fedor/rogers card..He didnt seem like he was on another level..I have watched king mo..I think he needs to fight at least one more fight before fightin for a belt..agaisnt someone thats notable..besides the champ..But i dont know who that would be..

Archived