King Mo to challenge gegard mousasi title in may

slack_415

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/King-Mo-likely-to-face-Gegard-Mousasi-for-the-Strikeforce-title-in-May.html

Two of the most exciting fighters in Strikeforce may fight for first time when light-heavyweight champion Gegard Mousasi faces dangerous newcomer Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal. According to MMABay.co.uk, the Strikeforce champ will defend his belt sometime in May at a yet to be determined event, and Lawal has been highly rumored as the likely opponent.

Gegard Mousasi captured the Strikeforce title with a first round knockout of Renato Sobral at Strikeforce: Carano vs. Cyborg, but has yet to defend his belt although he did defeat Rameau Thierry Sokoudjou in a non-title fight at Strikeforce: Fedor vs. Rogers. The 24-year-old is one of the hottest rising stars in MMA, and owns a 15-fight win streak, possessing devastating combinations of striking and submission skills which have allowed him to finish 26 out of 28 opponents. The Dutch fighter has an overall record of 28-2-1, and has never been knocked out.

Muhammed "King Mo" Lawal is a relative newcomer to MMA but stands a perfect 6-0, with recent wins by way of first round knockout over Mark Kerr and Mike Whitehead. Lawal is a former Division I All-American wrestler with tremendous athleticism matched by powerful striking. Lawal has been outspoken about his goals since joining Strikeforce, mentioning hopes of a future bout against heavyweight Fedor Emelianenko.

"Personally I really want to fight Mousasi," Lawal told MMABay.co.uk. "People say to me, 'Do you really wanna fight him?' but I just think no one is unbeatable, so yes... I wanna fight Mousasi. I think I can beat him and I will beat him."

King Mo's experience may be lacking, however, his excellent wrestling and powerful hands are likely to provide a challenge for Mousasi if the two meet up in May.

Archived