Not happy about UFC on Versus!

Noazrk

WHY doesn't the UFC FINALLY get a deal done with a big time network or Fox Sports/ESPN??? Versus? C'mon!

I know many TV providers don't offer Versus at all so this MUST be a ploy on UFC's part to try and force Versus into more homes to get more exposure for WEC which is constantly on Versus.

I have Dish Network (Silver Package) and I'm actually consider downgrading to Bronze which still has Spike, ESPN and most channels I watch.

To get Versus I would have to UPGRADE to Gold which costs $63 a month ($10 more than I pay now).

I want to watch all the non PPV UFC cards but I'm not going to upgrade to the Gold package for most likely one card per 3-4 months.

It's a bad move on UFC's part to agonize fans like this as Versus is still out of reach for a lot of people....I guess I can hope they have a "free preview weekend" when that card comes on.

Noah

I live in Canada and I dont have Versus. So' date=' I will be pissed if I dont see this. Theres gotta be a way.[/quote']

i think versus plays on TSN. Everytime WEC airs on Versus it comes on TSN. I'm sure TSN will have the UFC fight night on that night *fingers crossed*

If Dana really wants MMA to be as big as Football/Basketball/Soccer(In Europe), he has to get something going with one of the major sports channel on cable. That's the only way he will get MMA on the level of these sports. He would also get much more income by doing so. That's because a lot of people are going to stumble on MMA without even knowing what it is, then get interested if they see a good fight. Then they will educate themselves in the sport and enjoy more and more fights, watch more and more events. And soon he will have so much more money from sponsors/publicity then he gets from PPV.

If Dana really wants MMA to be as big as Football/Basketball/Soccer(In Europe)' date=' he has to get something going with one of the major sports channel on cable. That's the only way he will get MMA on the level of these sports. He would also get much more income by doing so. That's because a lot of people are going to stumble on MMA without even knowing what it is, then get interested if they see a good fight. Then they will educate themselves in the sport and enjoy more and more fights, watch more and more events. And soon he will have so much more money from sponsors/publicity then he gets from PPV.[/quote']

I think the time will come. They first need to make it legal everywhere in the US.

its only gonna happen twice this year relax guys' date=' it was part of them picking up the wec televised rights that they get 2 fight night cards.

if you dont have versus pm me and ill show you alternate way to watch the event[/quote']

ya i agree..this could mainly be for the wec and the ufc is just compromisin by puttin some fight nights on versus..This is gonna really help the WEC i bet..

i think versus plays on TSN. Everytime WEC airs on Versus it comes on TSN. I'm sure TSN will have the UFC fight night on that night *fingers crossed*

I'm pretty sure the WEC events were on The Score and not TSN. Anyway, The Score, Sportsnet and TSN all air different MMA events so I'm sure one of them will pick up the events on Versus.

I'm pretty sure the WEC events were on The Score and not TSN. Anyway' date=' The Score, Sportsnet and TSN all air different MMA events so I'm sure one of them will pick up the events on Versus.[/quote']

the score has the rights to wec starting 2010,i just hope versus will play ufc live in canada on tsn2 and not jus replays on tsn1

DirecTV dropped Versus some months ago, rather than pay Comcast (who owns Vs) massive fee increases thatwould have been passed on to its subscribers. Goodbye NHL and all the other good things they had on.

Screw Comcast-stick with Spike!

Archived