Matt Mitrione: "The rumors are NOT true"

ricoj3323

sites like mmajunkie.com and fiveouncesofpain claim verbal agreements were secured from both fighters but Mitrione say the reports are false. Anyways, if the fight does get booked eventually i would be rooting for Kimbo because Mitrione hasn't came off well to me. but Mitrione packs probably more of a powerful punch then Kimbo and has a more solid chin so its going to be tough for Kimbo

http://www.fiveknuckles.com/mma-news/Kimbo-Slice-may-face-Matt-Mitrione-at-UFC-113-in-Montreal.html

Matt Mitrione is a man to fear, I think... They should put him up against Kongo, I also think--Kongo is much more technical in striking but he wouldn't be able to KO Matt, and Kongo's chin has been shown to the world by Mir.

Here's how the fight would go:

Kongo would go in very aware that his lights could get knocked out if he gets careless, so he's gonna stick and run and try to tag him very technically and carefully--Matt: all he needs to do is connect and Kongo is in trouble... Big trouble! Kongo would either win by decision due to the fact that he was able to avoid Matt's hammerhands, or Matt will win by a KO at some point.

A good match up in my opinion.

Please no!!

I don't want any TUF 10 cast members fighting each other anymore!! That's pointless.

They should fight proper UFC competition to prove themselves.

Kongo vs. Mitrione (Great match, in my opinion)

Bonnar vs. McSweeny (LHW)

Kimbo vs. Yvel (After Kimbo gets his freakin knee fixed)

Nelson vs. Buentello

Hardonk vs. Schaub

Al-Turk vs. Madsen

Matt Mitrione is a man to fear' date=' I think... They should put him up against Kongo, I also think--Kongo is much more technical in striking but he wouldn't be able to KO Matt, and Kongo's chin has been shown to the world by Mir.

Here's how the fight would go:

Kongo would go in very aware that his lights could get knocked out if he gets careless, so he's gonna stick and run and try to tag him very technically and carefully--Matt: all he needs to do is connect and Kongo is in trouble... Big trouble! Kongo would either win by decision due to the fact that he was able to avoid Matt's hammerhands, or Matt will win by a KO at some point.

A good match up in my opinion.[/quote']

Kongo was never out when Mir punched im

I think Matt has the potential to be a good fighter. You can see that he likes being in the ring and really enjoys fighting. But he got alot of things to work on..

As far as Kimbo, He?s like a spunge and just sucks up everything he learns and people forget that the only thing he knew before MMA was boxing. so give him some time to adapt and learn new things and then we can make our judgements on his performance.

Matt Mitrione is a man to fear' date=' I think... They should put him up against Kongo, I also think--Kongo is much more technical in striking but he wouldn't be able to KO Matt, [b']and Kongo's chin has been shown [/b]to the world by Mir.

You do know kongo dropped due to a punch to the side of the head and mitrione would get demolished by kongo imo. I mean your talking about a world striking champion vs a guy who took up mma a few years ago for fun. I would be surprised if mitrione even lands a combination.

I think Matt has the potential to be a good fighter. You can see that he likes being in the ring and really enjoys fighting. But he got alot of things to work on..

As far as Kimbo' date=' He?s like a spunge and just sucks up everything he learns and people forget that the only thing he knew before MMA was boxing. so give him some time to adapt and learn new things and then we can make our judgements on his performance.[/quote']

Like Mitrione holding his chin out. He should staple a "punch me here" sign to it.

Kimbo's ground game still needs a lot of work to be a threat. The articles I read from boxing coaches who critiqued his technique says his boxing has a lot left to be desired, also.

Neither has good conditioning, both like to strike. Both have KO power.

I think it would be a good fight.

Mitrione is a good striker but Kimbo would win this one. I want to see Kimbo vs Paul Buentello. That would be a great fight.

You are giving Kimbo WAY too much credit.

Like Mitrione holding his chin out. He should staple a "punch me here" sign to it.

Kimbo's ground game still needs a lot of work to be a threat. The articles I read from boxing coaches who critiqued his technique says his boxing has a lot left to be desired' date=' also.

Neither has good conditioning, both like to strike. Both have KO power.

I think it would be a good fight.

You are giving Kimbo WAY too much credit.[/quote']

How. Are you saying that Mitrione will beat Kimbo.

Show me in my post where I said Mitrione would win.

It sounds like you're wrestling with your subconscious because they say your subconscious is smarter than your concious and it knows Mitrione has the better chance of winning without me having to point that out.

Thats what im asking you. I said I think Kimbo will win and you said that im showing him way too much respect. If that doesnt mean that you think Mitrione will win then I dont know what does.

Please accept my apology. I read your post as one sentence.

There is nothing I can really base my opinion on. Each guy could knock the other out, or tire each other out in two rounds.

Maybe it's that I think Mitrione's flaws are easier to fix.

Alll in all I think it's a very even matchup.

But neither is near ready for a Buentello or a Congo.

Please accept my apology. I read your post as one sentence.

There is nothing I can really base my opinion on. Each guy could knock the other out' date=' or tire each other out in two rounds.

Maybe it's that I think Mitrione's flaws are easier to fix.

Alll in all I think it's a very even matchup.

But neither is near ready for a Buentello or a Congo.[/quote']

Fair enough.

Kongo vs. Mitrione (Great match' date=' in my opinion)

Bonnar vs. McSweeny (LHW)

Kimbo vs. Yvel (After Kimbo gets his freakin knee fixed)

Nelson vs. Buentello

Hardonk vs. Schaub

Al-Turk vs. Madsen[/quote']

I think Yvel would destroy Kimbo either by leg kick death or some knee or kick to the head...

As far as Kimbo' date=' He?s like a spunge and just sucks up everything he learns and people forget that the only thing he knew before MMA was boxing. so give him some time to adapt and learn new things and then we can make our judgements on his performance.[/quote']

I dunno about that. He hadn't shown much heart in the show.

Mittrione has potential but his striking is sloppy, which is arguably where he should focus on since he's got good power. He could work on cardio too while he's at it.

I dont know if anyonw kept reading, bu it was also rumored that

SHOGUN-MACHIDA REMATCH

and

RASHAD-RAMPAGE

and the KIMBO-MITTRIONE fight is also interesting for me cuz i really wanna see kimbi fight, and i really wanna see mittrione get KTFO, so ima love that fight

so i think, if these rumors are true(because a lot of rumored fights do end up happening) i think this will be the FIGHT CARD OF THE YEAR, come one, reallyy great fights happening, even if you dont like the kimbo-mittrione matchuo

I think Yvel would destroy Kimbo either by leg kick death or some knee or kick to the head...

It would be perfect in my opinion because yes, that is likely. If he gets that injection in his knee things will get better for him. Kimbo is a seriously dangerous dude, and could do what JDS did if he plans it plus the fact that his wrestling was good in his fight against Alexander: if he is improving that, he will have a good chance against Yvel.

http://mmawaves.com/2010/01/17/matt-mitrione-denies-rumors-of-kimbo-slice-fight-at-ufc-113

Former The Ultimate Fighter 10 heavyweight competitors Matt Mitrione and Kimbo Slice will not be fighting at UFC 113 on May 1, according to a recent post on Mitrione?s Facebook account.

?The rumors are NOT true. I have not been contacted by anyone about fighting anyone. I?d love for it to be true, but its not,? said Mitrione.

http://mmawaves.com/2010/01/17/matt-mitrione-denies-rumors-of-kimbo-slice-fight-at-ufc-113

Former The Ultimate Fighter 10 heavyweight competitors Matt Mitrione and Kimbo Slice will not be fighting at UFC 113 on May 1' date=' according to a recent post on Mitrione?s Facebook account.

?The rumors are NOT true. I have not been contacted by anyone about fighting anyone. I?d love for it to be true, but its not,? said Mitrione.[/quote']

its already been said man, no need to post your link. calm down with your plugs

Archived