Shane Carwin

wanderlei4ever

Im sick of hearing people doubting Shane carwin and underestimating him

He doesn't have much experience and only has fought 1 respectful fighter

i think he will ktfo frank mir everyone is stuck up frank mirs **** because he beat Cheick kongo he wont be able to take down shane and submit him and he wont ko shane shane has a solid chin shane by ko round 1

Shane Carwin got rocked by Gonzaga, GONZAGA!!! Frank Mir hits harder than Gonzaga and if he connects with the overhead left Shane is going to sleep! Frank Mir beat one of the most deadliest strikers in the HW division not only beat him but out box him too.

Frank Mir via Arm bar or choke in the first round

Shane Carwin got rocked by Gonzaga' date=' GONZAGA!!! Frank Mir hits harder than Gonzaga and if he connects with the overhead left Shane is to sleep! Frank Mir beat one of the most deadliest strikers in the HW division not only beat him but out box him too.

Frank Mir via Arm bar or choke in the first round[/quote']

if he gets caught he got some power mir wont take him down hes a great wrestler if mir gets caught its lights out

if he gets caught he got some power mir wont take him down hes a great wrestler if mir gets caught its lights out

We don't know how good shane's wrestling is in the octagon. Both Frank mir and Shane wrestle but the only difference is Shane is a Div2 wrestler but doesn't mean he'll be a good wrestler in the octagon like Frank Mir. It'll be deadly for shane to even attempt to take Mir down. Regardless Gonzaga took Shane down with no problem! Mir has better BJJ than Gonzaga and will be able to hold down Shane.

Standing up - Mir

Ground - Mir

Strength - lets find out!!

Shane Carwin got rocked by Gonzaga' date=' GONZAGA!!! Frank Mir hits harder than Gonzaga and if he connects with the overhead left Shane is going to sleep! Frank Mir beat one of the most deadliest strikers in the HW division not only beat him but out box him too.

Frank Mir via Arm bar or choke in the first round[/quote']

even neil wain tagged him a few times. NEIL WAIN! :D

the guy is stiff, has horrible movement, and looks completely awkward in a fight.

people are so retarded, this fight will end with a sub or K.O which in my books makes it alot better than most of the main events recently, i dont realy care who wins i just know this one will end spectacualy and thats always a good thing great match up.

Im sick of hearing people doubting Shane carwin and underestimating him i think he will ktfo frank mir everyone is stuck up frank mirs **** because he beat Cheick kongo he wont be able to take down shane and submit him and he wont ko shane shane has a solid chin shane by ko round 1

yes yes yes yes yes yes ohhhhhhhhh helllllllll yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mir is far too good for Carwin. I hate how people think Carwin is brilliant and then say Brock is poor. Just compare their resume's look at the difference in class of opponents, the best fighter he has beat is Gonzaga, when you can compare it to Brock who has beaten Mir, Herring and Couture in just 5 fights.

Mir will make Carwin tap.

I'd like to see Carwin win but get the feeling it might be Mir.

Yep.

We don't know how good shane's wrestling is in the octagon. Both Frank mir and Shane wrestle but the only difference is Shane is a Div2 wrestler but doesn't mean he'll be a good wrestler in the octagon like Frank Mir. It'll be deadly for shane to even attempt to take Mir down. Regardless Gonzaga took Shane down with no problem! Mir has better BJJ than Gonzaga and will be able to hold down Shane.

Standing up - Mir

Ground - Mir

Strength - lets find out!!

Yep. Good assessment

Shane should be fighting Brock but since Frank Mir has so many fans he beats Check Congo n gets an easy unfair interim shot pretty bs man!

Mir destroyed Congo in short order, beating him at his own game.

I'm no fan of Mir the person. But Mir the fighter is far more experienced and his recent wins, and how he won, should give him the opportunity for a rematch with Nog, then a titleshot IMO.

But if you go that route, who do you put up against Carwin in the meantime?

JDS hasn't beaten a top name in their prime.

Velasquez couldn't put Congo away.

Big Nog lost to Mir 2 fights ago. (Yes he was sick, but dammit he lost.)

I would be all for putting Carwin and the title fight on ice until Mir and Noguiera have a rematch but besides that, Mir is the most deserving.

This is the first time ive wanted to see shane carwin win a fight.Never supported him before.I hope he knocks out FM. Mir is just abit too inyoface annoying now. i highly doubt well ever really hear the last of his self important rants though even if he does get knocked out.....:P

Honestly' date=' I dont know why Carwin was even getting a title shot... he hasnt beaten anybody besides Gonzaga. Gonzaga is a B list fighting in my book anyway,[/quote']

At the time there wasn't anybody else. Mir had just been destroyed. Big Nog had just lost to Mir, JDS hadn't hit the scene yet. The only other choice would have been Velasquez. I think the ufc wanted to put someone just as big as Brock in there against him and see how he handled the size. Once Brock got sick they couldn't just strip Carwin of his title shot. Plus this is setting up a Brock Mir 3 grudge match. Interim champ vs. the champ for the undisputed title. Sounds pretty good to me.

At the time there wasn't anybody else. Mir had just been destroyed. Big Nog had just lost to Mir' date=' JDS hadn't hit the scene yet. The only other choice would have been Velasquez. I think the ufc wanted to put someone just as big as Brock in there against him and see how he handled the size. Once Brock got sick they couldn't just strip Carwin of his title shot. Plus this is setting up a Brock Mir 3 grudge match. Interim champ vs. the champ for the undisputed title. Sounds pretty good to me.[/quote']

Ya and Carwin would be a threat because with his size and wrestling he might be able to defend Lesnars takedowns and on the feet he could knock Lesnar out. I think it would be a very exciting battle between them two on the feet.

Im sick of hearing people doubting Shane carwin and underestimating him i think he will ktfo frank mir everyone is stuck up frank mirs **** because he beat Cheick kongo he wont be able to take down shane and submit him and he wont ko shane shane has a solid chin shane by ko round 1

a body limb will probably be snapped by Frank Mir

couldent put it better myself

How about with punctuation so we know what words go together. Just sayin this would be better.

Boosh!

Oh and Mir will win by flying arm bar! No takedown needed!

Boosh! (again)

Mir will probably win, I wish it was not true but the facts are out there.

People are stupid to look past Shane though. He can KO Mir and Mir does not have the best Wrestling defence. On the ground Mir has the experience, but get him in another bad position and his face will be minced meat once again.

Also, please do not talk about Mir deserving this shot.

He beat a Can in Kongo, hit him with a hell of a good shot, but at the same time, maybe it was that "PUNCHERS CHANCE", then he choked out a guy with no ground game as he stupidly was trying to get up in front of someone with one of the best ground games/chokes/subs in MMA.

So Mir might have a better stand up, or maybe he got lucky, we only saw one punch so who really knows.

JDS should be in his spot, especially after he beat Yvel.

Mir/Lesnar 3 will be garbage. Why do we keep seeing the same pathetic fights over and over.

Add in Bj/GSP 3 which BJ wants

Tito/Chuck for another crap fight

What is next, maybe Shamrock and Severn can come back for another snooze fest for us...

Carwin's wrestling is not that great. Yes, he was a division II wrestler but Gonzaga took him down so easily. I can't stand Frank Mir as a person I think he is the biggest idiot in the world, but Mir is superior to Gonzaga grappling wise. So Carwin will need a lucky opening in order to win this fight. Mir will have to strike sloppy for Carwin to win.

Carwin's wrestling is not that great. Yes' date=' he was a division II wrestler but Gonzaga took him down so easily. I can't stand Frank Mir as a person I think he is the biggest idiot in the world, but Mir is superior to Gonzaga grappling wise. So Carwin will need a lucky opening in order to win this fight. Mir will have to strike sloppy for Carwin to win.[/quote']

Ya thats a good point but Carwin did do well at getting straight back to his feet against Gonzago which is a good sign.

Mir vs Carwin is retarded plain and simple, Carwin's striking is sloppy at best and he doesn't have the BJJ skills to compete with Mir on the ground. Mir gets his third title shot....really? it's like the Heavyweight division in the UFC should be called the Brock Lesnar vs Frank Mir division.

Carwin didn't get his shot based on fan speculation of Merit. He got the shot because he has a style and size to give Brock a good fight and either prove Brock to be worthy or send him back to the bottom of the ladder.

I like Carwin alot and think he would beat Brock since he is more well rounded and looks to be equally strong.

However Mir is just better than Carwin everywhere skill wise and with his new found strength and conditioning program we will get to see how the new size works for him. If he matches up well with Carwin in the strength department in this fight he is definitely ready for Brock. But I don't think Brock will be back any time soon.

The Hw future as I see it...Next week at the coming press conference it is confirmed that Lesnar will be out over a year, possibly permanently, and he relinquishes the title.

As is the custom, the current #1 (Carwin) faces the last #1 to fight for the title as long as he has no losses since (Mir)

Mir defeats Carwin for the title..

Nog Defeats Velasquez...

Nog defeats Mir for the title

JDS defeats Velasquez

Nog retires, JDS faces Mir for the title

JDS defeats Mir and begins a long reign...

anyway, it's all speculation at this point, nothing will be set until the news conference this week, maybe then we will have a clearer picture.

Carwin didn't get his shot based on fan speculation of Merit. He got the shot because he has a style and size to give Brock a good fight and either prove Brock to be worthy or send him back to the bottom of the ladder.

I like Carwin alot and think he would beat Brock since he is more well rounded and looks to be equally strong.

However Mir is just better than Carwin everywhere skill wise and with his new found strength and conditioning program we will get to see how the new size works for him. If he matches up well with Carwin in the strength department in this fight he is definitely ready for Brock. But I don't think Brock will be back any time soon.

The Hw future as I see it...Next week at the coming press conference it is confirmed that Lesnar will be out over a year' date=' possibly permanently, and he relinquishes the title.

As is the custom, the current #1 (Carwin) faces the last #1 to fight for the title as long as he has no losses since (Mir)

Mir defeats Carwin for the title..

Nog Defeats Velasquez...

Nog defeats Mir for the title

JDS defeats Velasquez

Nog retires, JDS faces Mir for the title

JDS defeats Mir and begins a long reign...

anyway, it's all speculation at this point, nothing will be set until the news conference this week, maybe then we will have a clearer picture.[/quote']

yeah you are missing tacos as well.... JDS will not beat Mir... Nog will not beat Mir...

Mir will probably win' date=' I wish it was not true but the facts are out there.

People are stupid to look past Shane though. He can KO Mir and Mir does not have the best Wrestling defence. On the ground Mir has the experience, but get him in another bad position and his face will be minced meat once again.

Also, please do not talk about Mir deserving this shot.

He beat a Can in Kongo, hit him with a hell of a good shot, but at the same time, maybe it was that "PUNCHERS CHANCE", then he choked out a guy with no ground game as he stupidly was trying to get up in front of someone with one of the best ground games/chokes/subs in MMA.

So Mir might have a better stand up, or maybe he got lucky, we only saw one punch so who really knows.

JDS should be in his spot, especially after he beat Yvel.

Mir/Lesnar 3 will be garbage. Why do we keep seeing the same pathetic fights over and over.

Add in Bj/GSP 3 which BJ wants

Tito/Chuck for another crap fight

What is next, maybe Shamrock and Severn can come back for another snooze fest for us...[/quote']

Hey man, get off the cranky pills.

Congo is no can.

Like him or not, Mir is easily top 3 or 5 HW in the UFC. And following his gameplan and watching it work to a T is not a "puncher's chance."

At the weigh in he gestured he would choke Congo out and thats what he did.

And don't get your panties in a wad over JDS. He looked awsome against Yvel but what has Yvel been doing lately? JDS has come on the scene a little late, but hes def carving out his place.

Time will afford him his opportunity.

I'm rare to say this but you're so damn down on everything, you should either appreciate the entertainment for what it is or stop, take a deep breath, and smell some roses.

Look into the smiling face of a little child.

Hug someone you love.

It's gonna be alright.

Archived