Which fighter needs to move up or down in weight?

CarlLane

Ah, a poll has appeared. I think with people like Liddell and Cro Cop, they are too close to retirement to bother trying to conquer another weight class. St-Pierre has literally no-one left to challenge him at welterweight at the moment and should do what Silva did and test the waters at 185.

Several of these guys need to switch weight classes, but if I had to choose one I'd say Anderson Silva because I've heard that him cutting weight to 185 is becoming very difficult and may be aiding in his decision to retire at the age of 35. If making a permanent move to LHW is going to keep him around for a few more fights I'd say it's gotta be done. Then again I could be way off and his decision could be based on his family and what not.

Anthony Johnson really needs to move up as well.

Forrest to heavy weight for sure. He's taller than most in the division and he walks around at 240. Dudes a gym rat and could easily add the weight the right way and use his jits.

Yeah but some of the HWY would eat forrest, like Brock Mir Carwin, however his stand-up skills could keep them on the feet i'd like to see him fight anybody even HWYs

I'm not a big fan of fighters moving up and down like in the case of Dan Henderson (Pride) as it eventually caught up with him in the UFC. Anderson Silva at least stayed at MW for 2 consecutive fights before moving back to LHW to fight Griffin (which has resulted in a lack of title defenses and when combined with injury has been almost a year) Champions moving up and down I'm against.

Champions who should move for the challenge only thereby vacating their belt

Anderson Silva to LHW

Georges St.Pierre to MW

BJ.Penn to WW

Others who should move because of the physical need.

Anthony Johnson to MW

Matt Serra to LW

Rashad Evans to MW

Nate Diaz to WW

Penn - No

Faber - Yes' date=' if he comes to the UFC otherwise No

Silva - I don't care, just stay in one division.

Chuck Liddell - absolutely No

Johnson - stay as long as he can

St-Pierre - wouldn't hurt to test out 185

Mirko Cro-Cop - sure

Rashad Evans - if he can make the cut yes[/quote']

This/\

And everyone else stop saying Liddell can cut to 185, he would not do well in that division because he would be dead from the cut, HE"S TOO BIG

(Also I think Evans can make the 185 cut easily, Cro Cop may have a hard time at 205 but should give it a shot)

Penn would kill Aoki.It would not even be close.Mirko should definitely move down to LHW.Lidell can no longer be competitive with the best at 205 so he should move down,if he is willing to train that hard at his age.Evans could definitely do it and benefit tremendously from it.Griffins chin would never be able to handle HW fighters.

i think the only champion who could move up wo damaging his carreer is ...silva....if bj goes up....gsp will smash him again....if gsp moves up...silva will be waiting for him n as a huge fan of both men, this just doesnt make sense for gsp....really...it will prove who the real p4p king is n sorta of blemish his p4p ranking, just a lil....stay where you r gsp, its not your fault they cant find someone to hang w you....now, silva moving up , makes sense besides all the fighters that he doesnt want to fight, there are some other sharks there that he will be able to dismantle, silva imo, could easily hold the mm/lhw belt if he wants to.....he should to put a high pedestal stamp on his carreer n legacy as one of the best fighters ever n hold two belts at the same time.....

Archived