Houston Alexander LOSES AGAIN!

TapUout1

Its sad to see a fighter that looks to have great potential and then falls out...Hopefully he rebounds..

Well he had a chance to rebound against Kimbo the same way Seth did but instead he chose to imitate Machida(i'm a huge machida fan but no one should imitate him) rather than letting the leather fly.

For sure' date=' he was trying to be patient and calculated but he aint trained the way the dragon is to see openings and capitalize. Just my opinion but i think he went out there to try and do what Machida does and counterstrike.[/quote']

I dont think it was exactly that..machida isnt the only one who counter strikes..

Yeah you could be right i just remember watching the fight and the first thing that popped in my mind was that he's trying to imitate Machida' date=' i could be wrong who knows.[/quote']

Alexander looked out of his game..even when the bell rang for the first..He didnt looked gasses at first but just stoned or something...Like he was afraid..

Well he had a chance to rebound against Kimbo the same way Seth did but instead he chose to imitate Machida(i'm a huge machida fan but no one should imitate him) rather than letting the leather fly.

totally agree. He should have gone out and banged with Kimbo rather than started with a 5 min cardio workout. He was so afraid to lose that he forgot he was there to fight.

totally agree. He should have gone out and banged with Kimbo rather than started with a 5 min cardio workout. He was so afraid to lose that he forgot he was there to fight.

It was the perfect fight for him with a huge audience and he let it slip, he shoulda swung hard and he probably wouldve caught Kimbo, who knows.

didnt he get dropped after he lost to kimbo? i was sure i read that

well might as well drop him now' date=' hes a can. he has no ground game and really no stand up game either hes just really strong and managed to overpower a couple of guys when he came in.[/quote']

yeah he was dropped this was with a small org i never heard of, makes it that much worse

see, this is exactly why you need me on your show!

I've been saying this for a long time about Houston and everyone just looked the other way. He had THREE losses straight in the UFC and yet other fighters who are WELL above Houston (Josh Neer anyone?) get the boot after 1-2 losses. It took 4 straight losses in a row before they realized how overrated Houston is.

The guy needs a ground game like a fish needs water. He can't survive without it.

see' date=' this is exactly why you need me on your show!

I've been saying this for a long time about Houston and everyone just looked the other way. He had THREE losses straight in the UFC and yet other fighters who are WELL above Houston (Josh Neer anyone?) get the boot after 1-2 losses. It took 4 straight losses in a row before they realized how overrated Houston is.

The guy needs a ground game like a fish needs water. He can't survive without it.[/quote']

I would think its because he is a better draw than neer..

He's 1-5 in his last 6 fights so at this point he really has no draw at all. He pretty much only has 2 semi-notable wins in Jardine and Sakara.

He wasnt a draw after the kimbo fight but up until that fight he was def a draw, not a real contender but a draw and a recognizable name with a couple good knockouts under his belt.

he looked like a cotender at the start of his ufc carrer.

No doubt and its all he had to do was come out and fight that way against Kimbo and he'd still be in the ufc, he didnt even have to win, just stand and swing. Josh neer woulda done a better job or even chris lytle or chris leben.

Archived