UFC Heavyweight Rankings

raffy_handsome

Here's my update HW ranking and my reason. What's your idea

1.) Brock Lesnar - I guess everyone agrees on me on this

2.) Shane Carwin - The # 1 contender before Brocks injury

3.) Frank Mir - Just recently fight for the title and good performance against Kongo in his last fight award him this position

4.) Cain Velasquez - Even many says that he's still untested and haven't face some big names yet, but let's admit it a 7-0 record and being undefeated is hard to ignore.

5.) Big Nog - If he wins against Velasquez he'll jump to # 3, if he loose then he'll probably faces Kongo on his next fight.

6.) JDS - A win against Gonzaga would jump him to # 2 and probably a shot at the title.

7.) Gabriel Gonzaga - If he upset JDS then he'll be facing the winner of Velasquez/Big Nog for the # 1 contender.

8.) Stefan Struve - Currently on a 2 fight winning steak. He's win over Buentello shows sign of improvement and that he can get along with the big names in HW. A win in his next fight coupled with JDS loss would be a good time for a rematch.

9.) Cheick Kongo

10.) Roy Nelson - He beats and KTFO a lot of HW in TUF 10.

this isnt what they are but what they should be

1 Brock to big and to strong

2 Carwin best striker in the division but almost got KO by gonzaga needs more head movement

3 Cain untested what he has beat rothwell and kongo to good wins

4 Dos Santos destroyed everyone struve cro cop and yvel

5 Mir overated but great subs and good striking

6 Nog never been KO

7 Coture never count captain america out

8 gonzaga hes got good sub

9 Rothwell a win over Cro cop would be huge

10 Big country great ground great gut

Kimbo will dominate the division haha

this isnt what they are but what they should be

1 Brock to big and to strong

2 Carwin best striker in the division but almost got KO by gonzaga needs more head movement

3 Cain untested what he has beat rothwell and kongo to good wins

4 Dos Santos destroyed everyone struve cro cop and yvel

5 Mir overated but great subs and good striking

6 Nog never been KO

7 Coture never count captain america out

8 gonzaga hes got good sub

9 Rothwell a win over Cro cop would be huge

10 Big country great ground great gut

Kimbo will dominate the division haha

How is Carwin the best striker? he just has good power, i'll bet Mir will beat him stand up no problem.

And how would a win over crocop be huge for Rothwell? Its more like a loss from crocop would get Rothwell dumped from the ufc.

Also to the thread starter, how would a win over Gonzaga, a guy you ranked under Santos, put Santos at rank 2?

UFC rankings imo.

1. Lesnar, not because he is the best, but because he has the Belt.

2. JDS, solid wins over decent competition.

3 Nog, Legend, Dominant and only a loss to Mir recently

4 Mir, Lost to a rookie in Brock, win over a can

5. Carwin, decent victories, wins in dominating wins, always dangerous.

6 Cain, still needs to be tested more though, good showing so far.

7,8,9, I will not rank as they are all over the place.

Gabriel, Struve, Kongo,

10 is a tie between Rothwell, Big Country and Yvel as all can be allot better than the 5 - 9 numbers, but have not shown how they will fair in the UFC

If you rank people only on who they beat you wouldn't need a list. The list is about who could beat who' date=' today.[/quote']

You don't know who could beat who, you're only speculating. It means all lists would be completely subjective. They wouldn't be rankings, only a list. Rankings are and should be based purely on what is actually achieved not what could be achieved.

3.) Frank Mir - Just recently fight for the title and good performance against Kongo in his last fight award him this position

4.) Cain Velasquez - Even many says that he's still untested and haven't face some big names yet' date=' but let's admit it a 7-0 record and being undefeated is hard to ignore.

5.) Big Nog - If he wins against Velasquez he'll jump to # 3, if he loose then he'll probably faces Kongo on his next fight.

6.) JDS - A win against Gonzaga would jump him to # 2 and probably a shot at the title.

7.) Gabriel Gonzaga - If he upset JDS then he'll be facing the winner of Velasquez/Big Nog for the # 1 contender.

8.) Stefan Struve - Currently on a 2 fight winning steak. He's win over Buentello shows sign of improvement and that he can get along with the big names in HW. A win in his next fight coupled with JDS loss would be a good time for a rematch.

9.) Cheick Kongo

10.) Roy Nelson - He beats and KTFO a lot of HW in TUF 10.[/quote']

1. Lesnar

2. Mir

3. Big Nog

4. Carwin

5. JDS

6. Cain (behind JDS cuz he couldnt finnish Kongo OR Rothwell, no matter wat you say)

after that, it doesnt really matter

I'lll show my Fantasy League scores and I bet they're bigger than yours

Rashad Evans Vs Thiago Silva Rashad Evans Unanimous Decision 3 5 43

Joe Lauzon Vs Sam Stout Sam Stout Knock Out 2 2 15

Cole Miller Vs Dan Lauzon Cole Miller Submission (Choke) 1 4 20

Mike Pyle Vs Jake Ellenberger Jake Ellenberger Unanimous Decision 3 5 15

Mark Munoz Vs Ryan Jensen Mark Munoz Unanimous Decision 3 5 15

Junior Dos Santos Vs Gilbert Yvel Junior Dos Santos Knock Out 2 3 15

Martin Kampmann Vs Jacob Volkmann Martin Kampmann Technical Knock Out 2 1 15

Rafaello Oliveira Vs John Gunderson Rafaello Oliveira Unanimous Decision 3 5 43

Dustin Hazelett Vs Paul Daley Paul Daley Knock Out 1 3 27

Jim Miller Vs Duane Ludwig Jim Miller Majority Decision 3 5 15

POINT SCORE: 223

Here it is... agree with it or not.

1) Cro Cop - The best eye poker I have seen in a long time.

2) Nelson - His cardio can't be beaten.

3) Congo - You tell him he doesn't belong here.

4) Gonzaga - I just like his last name.

5) Noguiera - He can switch with his twin each round.

6) Lesnar - If he wasn't sick he might be number 7 or 8.

7) Mir - He won a fight since losing to Brock, he deserves to be right back under him.

8) Cain - I might have put him earlier but was unsure how to spell his last name.

9) Lesnar - He can be 6 and 9. Dos Santos doesn't need a spot anyhow.

10a) Struve - One day he might, possibly, maybe be a top contender.

10b) Carwin - He has "win" in his name, I doubt he knows how to lose.

You guys have some odd ways of ranking... Glad I could assist in a real list.

Do you think Big Nog could beat Mir today? All rankings are subjective. Coture did better against Brock than Mir did and Big Nog beat Coture. So that's objective logic for you.

Both still lost to Brock, that's all that matters. Mir TKO'd Nogueira, he beat him, regardless of Nogueira's condition. Objective logic for me (and most people) focuses purely on wins and losses and the nature in which a win or loss occurred (A knockout win meaning more than a decision).

1. Brock Lesnar

2. Frank Mir

3. Nogueira

4. Junior Dos Santos

5. Cain Velasquez

6. Shane Carwin

As someone said above, above that it doesn't really matter.

And no, I don't think Mir could beat Nogueira again, but he lost that fight, would you give Nogueira a title shot after he got knocked just because you think he's a better fighter?

Both still lost to Brock' date=' that's all that matters. Mir TKO'd Nogueira, he beat him, regardless of Nogueira's condition. Objective logic for me (and most people) focuses purely on wins and losses and the nature in which a win or loss occurred (A knockout win meaning more than a decision).

1. Brock Lesnar

2. Frank Mir

3. Nogueira

4. Junior Dos Santos

5. Cain Velasquez

6. Shane Carwin

As someone said above, above that it doesn't really matter.

And no, I don't think Mir could beat Nogueira again, but he lost that fight, would you give Nogueira a title shot after he got knocked just because you think he's a better fighter?[/quote']

I can see your point. Thanks

4.) Cain Velasquez - Even many says that he's still untested and haven't face some big names yet' date=' but let's admit it a 7-0 record and being undefeated is hard to ignore.

9.) Cheick Kongo

10.) Roy Nelson - He beats and KTFO a lot of HW in TUF 10.[/quote']

PErfect.

wow some of these list are crazy. to even put struve on the list is amazing. and as far as mir nog, mir won plain and simple. its hard for me too being a nog and a mir fan but why make excuses, nog lost. maybe they will have a rematch so we can see what kind of excuses the fans of the loser can come up with then. if your not healthy dont fight simple as that.

no but they gave one to Lesnar after he lost to Mir and then beat Herring?

friggin Herring? and gets the shot

doesnt matter' date=' your point here is irelivant[/quote']

My point is as relevant as yours.

Just because they screwed up with giving Brock one, means they should screw up more and give Mir one, or Vitor?

Thats retarded. Lets give Matt Hammel the next shot at LHW because he won his last match as well.

If you rank people only on who they beat you wouldn't need a list. The list is about who could beat who' date=' today.[/quote']

lol what?! you rank fighters based on who they've beaten in recent fights.

Rankings aren't fantasy as you are to think "oh yeah he SHOULD be number one cause he COULD beat this/that guy"

what you said makes NO sense. *imo :o*

Rankings are about who's bested who before and after they step into the Octagon.

I'lll show my Fantasy League scores and I bet they're bigger than yours

ohhhh I see someone has to compensate for something eh?

what do your fantasy scores have to do with rankings? oh you guess who would win in a fight so that means you can rank people??! rankings are based on what has happend and not what could.

Pernell,

how

could

you

make

a

list

on

who

could

beat

who

and

not

on

their

past

accomplishments?

You

don't

really

know

who

could

beat

who

until

they

fight

and

beat

whomever...

unless

you're

talkin'

about

Matt

Serra...

'cause

just

about

anyone

will

beat

that

guy.

Woulda Coulda Shoulda. Very stupid to rank someone higher because you think he could have won a fight that he lost haha.

Thats so true, its really dumb for people to believe he would have won the fight if he did "this" or wasnt injured, if he was seriously injured he wouldnt step into the cage with one of the top contenders, that would be a horrible move, not to say i dont like nog, its just mir beat him fair, and convincingly

Here it is... agree with it or not.

1) Cro Cop - The best eye poker I have seen in a long time.

2) Nelson - His cardio can't be beaten.

3) Congo - You tell him he doesn't belong here.

4) Gonzaga - I just like his last name.

5) Noguiera - He can switch with his twin each round.

6) Lesnar - If he wasn't sick he might be number 7 or 8.

7) Mir - He won a fight since losing to Brock' date=' he deserves to be right back under him.

8) Cain - I might have put him earlier but was unsure how to spell his last name.

9) Lesnar - He can be 6 and 9. Dos Santos doesn't need a spot anyhow.

10a) Struve - One day he might, possibly, maybe be a top contender.

10b) Carwin - He has "win" in his name, I doubt he knows how to lose.

You guys have some odd ways of ranking... Glad I could assist in a real list.[/quote']

Lol that is hilarious, especially the carwin line lol

1. Lesnar (may not have as much MMA experience but is a very motivated athlete, works very hard and shows it.)

2. JDS (Till he loses I see no reason why he isn't number 2, need to see him taken down for once, if he fought brock that would actually happen.)

3. Mir (he seems to be working his butt off now and not just going into a fight thinking he's more "talented")

4. Big Nog (Rather see him in a rematch vs Mir then Cain)

5. Carwin (yes he's destroyed low lvl competition and he bounced back bigtime after Gonzanga hit him, but he hasn't had much high level competition)

6. Cain ( Rather have seen him and Carwin go at it, Cain has a good chin and controls his fights very well, but he couldn't put kongo away, kongo also took that fight on short notice.)

7. Gonzanga (everyone above him on this list has a high chance to beat him, very dangerous fighter that needs to have more consistent wins)

8. Struve ( Is here to fight, lots of potentional, has stopped growing taller and can fill into his frame now)

9. Duffee ( Crazy quick knockout, needs to fight again soon)

10. Nelson vs Kongo for this spot

*buentuello could be top 10, crocop lost the fighting spirit, the rest need to hope they don't have to fight any of the top 7 anytime soon

Archived