Solving The Spider

TrueGrit

I dont see a whole lot of threads on anderson silva so i figured i'd make one..Anderson is clearly a dominant champion and is hard to beat..But it seems like he is gettin bored..which is obvious...How do you beat a guy like this?? Is there a certain style that is hard for him to handle?? we saw that hendo can take thim down but after that first round anderson freakin turned the heat up..When the spider fights does he go the hardest?? I mean when he fought forrest it didnt look like he even tried..Its amazing..I believe he has like three more fights left on his contract..Vitor is next, then its gotta be Nate and then after that maybe GSP or Machida for a final bout of his career?? I have heard he wants to retire soon..So what are your thoughts? What is it gonna take to beat the spider??

No one can beat Anderson Silva, he's called The Spider for a reason, he's got spider senses.

Honestly look at Tobey Maguire in Spider-Man when he was fighting that school bully, Flash.

Then look at Anderson Silva fighting Forrest Griffin, I swear he sees things in slow motion.

Really though, Anderson is just an amazing mma fighter, that's all. GSP couldn't beat him, as much as I'd like him to.

I think Hendo has what it takes to beat Anderson. We saw in the first fight that he won the first round, but in the second round he made the mistake of allowing the fight to stay standing. No one in the MW or LHW division can beat Anderson Silva standing.

We've seen Dan Henderson (wrestler) and Travis Lutter (wrestler) give him problems by putting him on his back. A lot of people say that GSP is the answer but my fear is that it would only take one hit to seriously rock GSP, and every round starts standing.

So yeah, I'd say Hendo. Possibly GSP, or maybe even Mark Munoz in a year or so.

I don't think GSP could beat Anderson Silva for these reasons, correct me if I'm wrong:

1. GSP is strong and shoots great, but none of his opponents have been very elusive. Silva is very elusive and is also has a tremendous reach and sense of awareness of his opponent.

2. GSP could conceivably take Silva down, however, GSP hasn't had an actual stop in the past 3 fights (Penn's corner threw in the towel). However, Silva has ended more fights with a stoppage or KO, and in very convincing fashion. As with Forrest, it didn't even look like he threw a hard punch. Also, Silva on the ground is lanky, and with the Nogueria BJJ Black belt, that makes him so much more dangerous.

3. I could be wrong on this, but recent opponents of Silva seem to be scared to engage him. I don't blame them, but this could be something GSP also fall victim to, as to being afraid of the one punch KO power of Silva. GSP does take hits to get the takedown.

Correct me if I'm wrong on these, or add more if you think I forgot something. :P

I don't think GSP could beat Anderson Silva for these reasons' date=' correct me if I'm wrong:

1. GSP is strong and shoots great, but none of his opponents have been very elusive. Silva is very elusive and is also has a tremendous reach and sense of awareness of his opponent.

2. GSP could conceivably take Silva down, however, GSP hasn't had an actual stop in the past 3 fights (Penn's corner threw in the towel). However, Silva has ended more fights with a stoppage or KO, and in very convincing fashion. As with Forrest, it didn't even look like he threw a hard punch. Also, Silva on the ground is lanky, and with the Nogueria BJJ Black belt, that makes him so much more dangerous.

3. I could be wrong on this, but recent opponents of Silva seem to be scared to engage him. I don't blame them, but this could be something GSP also fall victim to, as to being afraid of the one punch KO power of Silva. GSP does take hits to get the takedown.

Correct me if I'm wrong on these, or add more if you think I forgot something. :P[/quote']

I agree..

I don't think GSP could beat Anderson Silva for these reasons' date=' correct me if I'm wrong:

Correct me if I'm wrong on these, or add more if you think I forgot something. :P[/quote']

I also think that GSP could be suseptible to the one punch knockout from Anderson. However, I don't think that Anderson would cause him any problems if GSP could get him on his back. Like I said in my previous post, Travis Lutter held him down for 5 minutes and won the round, and in my opinion he's a much weaker wrestler than GSP.

Like you said though, I can't see the fight going for 25 minutes without Anderson landing a serious blow on GSP, and we saw in the Serra fight that while his chin isn't bad, he's a long way from having the chin of someone like Hendo or Diego.

I think delivering angle kick (or leg kick but i'll call it angle kick) after angle kick might be one way to solve the spider as long as your good at sticking and moving. Just land angle kicks to take away silva's speed and power would leave him vulnerable, and taking away silva's striking is a BIG help. Or you could go just straight into taking silva down (but i have to agree with an above poster than taking Silva down is still dangerous cause silva's so lanky that he can pull off submissions from weird angles). But TKRomeo brought up the point that rounds start standing so that could be a problem for wrestlers.

I also think that GSP could be suseptible to the one punch knockout from Anderson. However' date=' I don't think that Anderson would cause him any problems if GSP could get him on his back. Like I said in my previous post, Travis Lutter held him down for 5 minutes and won the round, and in my opinion he's a much weaker wrestler than GSP.

Like you said though, I can't see the fight going for 25 minutes without Anderson landing a serious blow on GSP, and we saw in the Serra fight that while his chin isn't bad, he's a long way from having the chin of someone like Hendo or Diego.[/quote']

GSP didn't get hit on the chin by Serra, he got hit behind the ear, but has been hit on the chin numerous times and has never been wobbled.

GSP fans forget that next to Silva, GSP is like a midget..

Silva is about as big as Forrest Griffin.

If GSP really thought he would have a chance he would do it. but he knows that Silva is unstoppable right now. When you?ve seen A.Silva fight then you just know you watched greatness..

He will be remembered for many many years as the muhammed ali of MMA.

I think delivering angle kick after angle kick might be one way to solve the spider as long as your good at sticking and moving. Just land angle kicks to take away silva's speed and power would leave him vulnerable' date=' and taking away silva's striking is a BIG help.[/b'] Or you could go just straight into taking silva down (but i have to agree with an above poster than taking Silva down is still dangerous cause silva's so lanky that he can pull off submissions from weird angles). But TKRomeo brought up the point that rounds start standing so that could be a problem for wrestlers.

Easier said than done, Anderson has begun to make a habit out of catching kicks and throwing a fist. Stuff like this will just make fighters more cautious about throwing leg kicks at Anderson Silva.

I think the way to beat is to push him up against the fence . Then youcan use dirty boxing or you could brawl him cause it would be hard for him to dodge. The only negtive would be if could get you in the clinch. S o I think either randy if he could defend the clinch or Shogun because of his abilty to be so calm when brawlin.

To me it seems like GSP couldnt beat him..Anderson is way quicker than him..

Anderson Silva quicker than GSP? No way. People keep referring to what GSP would have to do to beat Silva, but Silva has never faced an opponent with as much athletic ability as GSP and hitting him flush would be much harder than anyone Silva has ever faced. GSP is also as strong as most HW's, according to Rashad, so on the ground it might be a different story than Silva has ever been subjected to. Remember GSP also has top notch BJJ and Henderson has none. Could GSP beat Anderson Silva? I'd like to find out.

GSP fans forget that next to Silva' date=' GSP is like a midget..

Silva is about as big as Forrest Griffin.[/quote']

Very true, but we don't know how that will affect things. GSP had no trouble taking down Thiago Alves, who is probably the biggest welterweight in the division apart from Rumble. He trains with some big guys, so its impossible to say how he'd handle a guy of Anderson's size.

GSP fans forget that next to Silva' date=' GSP is like a midget..

Silva is about as big as Forrest Griffin.

If GSP really thought he would have a chance he would do it. but he knows that Silva is unstoppable right now. When you?ve seen A.Silva fight then you just know you watched greatness..

He will be remembered for many many years as the muhammed ali of MMA.[/quote']

as casiues clay? no..anderson doesnt run his mouth like ali..

Anderson Silva quicker than GSP? No way. People keep referring to what GSP would have to do to beat Silva' date=' but Silva has never faced an opponent with as much athletic ability as GSP and hitting him flush would be much harder than anyone Silva has ever faced. GSP is also as strong as most HW's, according to Rashad, so on the ground it might be a different story than Silva has ever been subjected to. Remember GSP also has top notch BJJ and Henderson has none. Could GSP beat Anderson Silva? I'd like to find out.[/quote']

at striking you think GSP is faster??

I dont see a whole lot of threads on anderson silva so i figured i'd make one..Anderson is clearly a dominant champion and is hard to beat..But it seems like he is gettin bored..which is obvious...How do you beat a guy like this?? Is there a certain style that is hard for him to handle?? we saw that hendo can take thim down but after that first round anderson freakin turned the heat up..When the spider fights does he go the hardest?? I mean when he fought forrest it didnt look like he even tried..Its amazing..I believe he has like three more fights left on his contract..Vitor is next' date=' then its gotta be Nate and then after that maybe GSP or Machida for a final bout of his career?? I have heard he wants to retire soon..So what are your thoughts? What is it gonna take to beat the spider??[/quote']

Flying leg lock is the answer lol.

perhaps purposely targeting the spider's arms/ shoulder is the key to winning since Anderson loves using them and taking them away would take away a large part of his game but then you risk getting KO'd by him and hurting yourself since he might block with his elbow (if you've ever done any kick boxing of any kind you'll no it can be damaging to you if your opponent blocks a strike with an elbow). Beating Silva will never be easy at this point especially since Silva has such a complete game

I think Hendo has what it takes to beat Anderson. We saw in the first fight that he won the first round' date=' but in the second round he made the mistake of allowing the fight to stay standing. No one in the MW or LHW division can beat Anderson Silva standing.

We've seen Dan Henderson (wrestler) and Travis Lutter (wrestler) give him problems by putting him on his back. A lot of people say that GSP is the answer but my fear is that it would only take one hit to seriously rock GSP, and every round starts standing.

So yeah, I'd say Hendo. Possibly GSP, or maybe even Mark Munoz in a year or so.[/quote']

yeah id say hendo too. never been ko or tkod, gsp has

i think GSP has the determination and discipline to beat the spider and would develop a serious gameplan if they met. The only fear i have is that the spider is naturally bigger than GSP and GSP might struggle with this.

We know that GSP's cardio will last the 5 rounds, but will Silva's?

Probably cause didn't Silva go 5 rounds w/ leites?

yeah but if my memory serves me right, it was a very uneventful fight with probably 10 minutes of fighting out of 25. The rest of the time, Leites was moving away and looked ultra cautious to engage.

Silva even goaded him out of frustration.

Archived