Frank Mir

Marshall498

You know most poeple are going to think that I am a Troll with this looking to spark some anger in other MMA fans, but well whatever.

All I can say is Frank Mir is the #1 heavyweight in the world, I have never been a Brocktard or a Fedor **** ( love the names btw whoever came up with those deserves a prize) and I have always liked Mir. Yes He did have a slight hick-up when he lost his battle with a 3000lbs truck, but common that **** can **** with you mind pretty badly. I agree the Big Nog was sick, big deal he took the fight his fault he lost. Brock, well yes hes a good wrestler, yes I said good because there are better wrestlers in the UFC then he is, Brock is also a monster I mean I think the only fighter whos bigger then him is Bob Sapp (and I use fighter loosly) I think Mir was smart to start Packing on the Lbs he is a smart guy who knows what I takes to win.

Yes he comes across like an ****-hole why? because he is confident is that such a problem? to have confidence in yourself?

My last comment is - he has a smoking wife!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you know most poeple are going to think that i am a troll with this looking to spark some anger in other mma fans' date=' but well whatever.

All i can say is frank mir is the #1 heavyweight in the world, i have never been a brocktard or a fedor **** ( love the names btw whoever came up with those deserves a prize) and i have always liked mir. Yes he did have a slight hick-up when he lost his battle with a 3000lbs truck, but common that **** can **** with you mind pretty badly. I agree the big nog was sick, big deal he took the fight his fault he lost. Brock, well yes hes a good wrestler, yes i said good because there are better wrestlers in the ufc then he is, brock is also a monster i mean i think the only fighter whos bigger then him is bob sapp (and i use fighter loosly) i think mir was smart to start packing on the lbs he is a smart guy who knows what i takes to win.

Yes he comes across like an ****-hole why? Because he is confident is that such a problem? To have confidence in yourself?

My last comment is - he has a smoking wife![/quote']

couldnt agree more consider yourself now an honourary member of the fmfc

All true, but all the cool kids don't like him, so I don't either! lol

Actually Mir has been one of my favorites since his debut when he became the prototype HW for the future of the UFC. Barring that accident Mir may be being looked at as one of the greatest ever at this point, but we will never know. I hope his newfound commitment to strength and conditioning pays off and he re-emerges as the #1 he should be.

But I have noticed a trend these past few months where it has become trendy with the "smart" forum members and "true MMA fans" to proclaim their dislike for most of the more popular fighters (Mir, Silva, Machida, BJ in particular) and deny their overall level of skill just to show that they aren't "fanboys" or "****s" or "TUF noobs" or UFC "loyalists".

It is a little sad sometimes that obvious superior skill and performances are written off in order to boost some internet nerds sense of self worth, or make someone feel their OPINION is any more valid that anyone else's.

MIr and JDS are my favorites at HW in the UFC. I just wish that the Kongo fight didn't end so quickly. I really wanted to see what Mir had changed since the loss to Lesner.

Yes it was an impressively quick win but didn't really answer any questions.I wanted to see if he could really dominate Kongo over 2-3 rounds. The Carwin fight should give us an idea if he has the solution to big powerful wrestlers.

all true' date=' but all the cool kids don't like him, so i don't either! Lol

actually mir has been one of my favorites since his debut when he became the prototype hw for the future of the ufc. Barring that accident mir may be being looked at as one of the greatest ever at this point, but we will never know. I hope his newfound commitment to strength and conditioning pays off and he re-emerges as the #1 he should be.

But i have noticed a trend these past few months where it has become trendy with the "smart" forum members and "true mma fans" to proclaim their dislike for most of the more popular fighters (mir, silva, machida, bj in particular) and deny their overall level of skill just to show that they aren't "fanboys" or "****s" or "tuf noobs" or ufc "loyalists".

It is a little sad sometimes that obvious superior skill and performances are written off in order to boost some internet nerds sense of self worth, or make someone feel their opinion is any more valid that anyone else's.[/quote']

second best post ive ever read nice!

All true' date=' but all the cool kids don't like him, so I don't either! lol

Actually Mir has been one of my favorites since his debut when he became the prototype HW for the future of the UFC. Barring that accident Mir may be being looked at as one of the greatest ever at this point, but we will never know. I hope his newfound commitment to strength and conditioning pays off and he re-emerges as the #1 he should be.

But I have noticed a trend these past few months where it has become trendy with the "smart" forum members and "true MMA fans" to proclaim their dislike for most of the more popular fighters (Mir, Silva, Machida, BJ in particular) and deny their overall level of skill just to show that they aren't "fanboys" or "****s" or "TUF noobs" or UFC "loyalists".

It is a little sad sometimes that obvious superior skill and performances are written off in order to boost some internet nerds sense of self worth, or make someone feel their OPINION is any more valid that anyone else's.[/quote']

I couldnt agree more- I mean seriously those who bich and moan about BJ, or GSP, or Mir, I dont get it they ARE the best of the best, why hate on them bescause they are not your favorites, I dont like Sanchez or Kos but i dont rip them apart I respect them for being excelent atheletes. I think one thing that seperates the so called actuall "MMA fan" from people who actually enjoy the sport for more then knockouts, are people that actually do something in a martal arts (im a BJJ Blackbelt and Judo blackbelt) so we understand what is going on... I love a fight that goes to the judges if it was a great fight, i love knockouts but everyone can get lucky, im more a sub fan though...my favorite fight in history is the Karo Parisyan Nick Diaz fight holy shizz

MIr and JDS are my favorites at HW in the UFC. I just wish that the Kongo fight didn't end so quickly. I really wanted to see what Mir had changed since the loss to Lesner.

Yes it was an impressively quick win but didn't really answer any questions.I wanted to see if he could really dominate Kongo over 2-3 rounds. The Carwin fight should give us an idea if he has the solution to big powerful wrestlers.

The Kongo fight ended so quickly BECAUSE of what Mir has been working on

The Kongo fight ended so quickly BECAUSE of what Mir has been working on

Yes and no. We all know that in MMA and especially with the power of the HW that anyone can get dropped like that and that if Mir, especially at 280lbs gets your neck like that you are going out.

Like I said, I am very much looking forward to the Carwin fight. Should answer the questions one way or another and hopefully shut up all the Mir bashing that goes on around here.

i to like frank mir he is vry ****y, but like he says he looks at the sport as a competetion, and he figures out ways to win. with that being said fedor is still the #1 heavyweight in the world. hes beaten more men, he even fights them without weiht classes. if frank mir thinnks he is the best. then he should leave the ufc to fight fedor. Look at sylvia and arlovski both left the ufc to try and fight him they didnt wait for him to come to the ufc to beat them.

idk he seems kinda 1 dimmensional

1 dimensional my ****! He has good striking, good jujitsu, superior intelligence than that of a giant white ape, and his super hot wife has stayed with him so he must be good at something else.

Aside from that, I am a big Mir fan. Even if he doesnt get to #1 I will still think of him as #1 because of all that he went through with that accident. So many emotional and physical challenges and he was still able to rebound successfully. Props to Mir forever.

i to like frank mir he is vry ****y' date=' but like he says he looks at the sport as a competetion, and he figures out ways to win. with that being said fedor is still the #1 heavyweight in the world. hes beaten more men, he even fights them without weiht classes. if frank mir thinnks he is the best. then he should leave the ufc to fight fedor. Look at sylvia and arlovski both left the ufc to try and fight him they didnt wait for him to come to the ufc to beat them.[/quote']

Sylvia and Arlovski were losers, thats why they left. And Mir is at the UFC (the center of competition), and Fedor should come to him and Brock. Screw M1. They agreed to share Fedor for a fight so im sure it will happen eventually. I think Dana is waiting to see who the champ is when Brock gets back then talk about M1 sharing Fedor.

It's like NAMBLA but with Frank Mir's kids.

HAHAHA!

Mir is a pretty talented fighter. He has looked much better lately, because when he first came back after his crash...he looked like sh**! He was fat & sloppy. I just don't care for his arrogance, and no I don't think it's just confidence. There are plenty of very confident fighters out there who come off the way he does. And as far as "superior intelligence", maybe when it comes to jiujutsu, but he is not an intelligent man. I've heard him commentating fights and say things like, "he GOTS that choke in tight"! The word imbecile comes to mind.

As for this statement, "his super hot wife has stayed with him so he must be good at something else"............it's called bringing home fat paychecks!

HAHAHA!

Mir is a pretty talented fighter. He has looked much better lately' date=' because when he first came back after his crash...he looked like sh**! He was fat & sloppy. I just don't care for his arrogance, and no I don't think it's just confidence. There are plenty of very confident fighters out there who come off the way he does. And as far as "superior intelligence", maybe when it comes to jiujutsu, but he is not an intelligent man. I've heard him commentating fights and say things like, "he GOTS that choke in tight"! The word imbecile comes to mind.

As for this statement, "his super hot wife has stayed with him so he must be good at something else"............it's called bringing home fat paychecks![/quote']

Ok so his grammar isnt that great...but that does not diminish his knowledge about the sport. Which is all that really matters.

i to like frank mir he is vry ****y' date=' but like he says he looks at the sport as a competetion, and he figures out ways to win. with that being said fedor is still the #1 heavyweight in the world. hes beaten more men, he even fights them without weiht classes. if frank mir thinnks he is the best. then he should leave the ufc to fight fedor. Look at sylvia and arlovski both left the ufc to try and fight him they didnt wait for him to come to the ufc to beat them.[/quote']

wHY SHOULD HE LEAVE THE UFC AND GO DOWN TO THE MINOR LEAGUES TO FIGHT FEDOR????????? FEDOR IS A PUNK WHO REFUSES TO GO TO AN ORGANIZATION THAT ISNT GONNA LET HIM HAND PICK HIS OPPONENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW STOP RUINING GOOD UFC FORUMS WITH THIS B.S. TALK OF FEDOR.......

wHY SHOULD HE LEAVE THE UFC AND GO DOWN TO THE MINOR LEAGUES TO FIGHT FEDOR????????? FEDOR IS A PUNK WHO REFUSES TO GO TO AN ORGANIZATION THAT ISNT GONNA LET HIM HAND PICK HIS OPPONENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW STOP RUINING GOOD UFC FORUMS WITH THIS B.S. TALK OF FEDOR.......

and your retarded...

You know most poeple are going to think that I am a Troll with this looking to spark some anger in other MMA fans' date=' but well whatever.

All I can say is Frank Mir is the #1 heavyweight in the world, I have never been a Brocktard or a Fedor **** ( love the names btw whoever came up with those deserves a prize) and I have always liked Mir. Yes He did have a slight hick-up when he lost his battle with a 3000lbs truck, but common that **** can **** with you mind pretty badly. I agree the Big Nog was sick, big deal he took the fight his fault he lost. Brock, well yes hes a good wrestler, yes I said good because there are better wrestlers in the UFC then he is, Brock is also a monster I mean I think the only fighter whos bigger then him is Bob Sapp (and I use fighter loosly) I think Mir was smart to start Packing on the Lbs he is a smart guy who knows what I takes to win.

Yes he comes across like an ****-hole why? because he is confident is that such a problem? to have confidence in yourself?

My last comment is - he has a smoking wife![/quote']

Couldn't agree more. I think a good part of Mir's ****y trash talk is just a play at angering his opponents and stirring the pot anyway. I hope his newfound strength and size gives him the extra tools he needs to tear brock apart.......................

Hey nice thread! To tell you the truth, this thread is long over due. I've made threads about JDS and Fedor but never Frank. Why? The reason is that I wanted to show that Fedor isn't in the same league as Frank. I was able to make a very competitive arguement that JDS can beat Fedor. I am a devoted Frank Mir fan. I have named myself after his entrance music, so may I join this FMFC? lol(but seriously can I)

I think Brock will beat Mir a third time if it ever happens, but the major factor now is time. I'm sure Brock will come back but ring rust is a bitc.h but 8-12 months is not that long maybe it won't even affect him and maybe he won't even fight Mir when he returns (Most likely Nog/Cain winner.)

I have seen Mir's wins over Hardonk' date=' green Brock, sick Nogueira and Kongo. I admit he is not a bad fighter but I still do not see him as #1 nor #2 in HW. What is wrong with me?[/quote']

Well first, you are making excuses for fighters. Also, sick Nog got dominated, its not like sick Nog gave him trouble. Mir has gotten bigger and he is working on his wrestling.

You will see...

I think Brock will beat Mir a third time if it ever happens' date=' but the major factor now is time. I'm sure Brock will come back but ring rust is a bitc.h but 8-12 months is not that long maybe it won't even affect him and maybe he won't even fight Mir when he returns (Most likely Nog/Cain winner.)[/quote']

a third time?

It would be the third fight and a second win seeing how it's 1-1 right now.

I think Brock will beat Mir a third time if it ever happens' date=' but the major factor now is time. I'm sure Brock will come back but ring rust is a bitc.h but 8-12 months is not that long maybe it won't even affect him and maybe he won't even fight Mir when he returns (Most likely Nog/Cain winner.)[/quote']

Do you even know what the interim belt is? He is fighting the winner of Mir/Carwin

Do you even know what the interim belt is? He is fighting the winner of Mir/Carwin

Do you know you can defend the interim belt ? Do you know Nog did it ? Did Nog fought Randy Couture after he won the interim belt ? Do you know Brock is most likely going to fight the winner of Cain/Nog ?

a third time?

It would be the third fight and a second win seeing how it's 1-1 right now.

I wanted to say he would win in a Third Fight. Not the third time :} Bad English.

mma_fw_mir_lesnar1787_576.jpg

mir_lesnar1205.jpg

mir-lesnar-ufc81.jpg

mir-lesnar-postfight.jpg

not sure how this is relevant? you think a couple of pictures is going to settle the dispute? Mir is a better fighter P4P..

if they weighed the same the time of the fight, Mir would beat Brock. Period. Mir is more technically sound, experienced, and disaplinned, we have already seen this.

Aside from the weight difference, their actually SKILL is at two ends of the spectrum.

You can see, even in the pictures you provided, how primitive and basic Brocks technique was, he beat Mir so "easily" because Mir (as well as all other fighters in the UFC) rely on opponents being the same weight.

Don't get me wrong, Brock beat Mir, period. In impressive fashion? not for someone his size, he was virtually 3 weight classes higher than Mir. Brock should have hit him a couple times and shot for a take down and finished it. Brocks inexperience allowed Mir to survive 1.5 rounds.

Mir, aside from weight being the clear issue and reason for dominance, is the best fighter in the HW division.

All true' date=' but all the cool kids don't like him, so I don't either! lol

It is a little sad sometimes that obvious superior skill and performances are written off in order to boost some internet nerds sense of self worth, or make someone feel their OPINION is any more valid that anyone else's.[/quote']

i liked frank mir until one day i got dumped and almost drowned in this massive wave that turned out to be his ridiculously large ego, seriously he is a great hw with great skills, and yeah it's one thing to be confident but if you can't see the difference between how someone with confidence acts and then how he acts, that's just crazy, he's so arrogant, and there's no way he's as good as he thinks he is, especially since hw is the weakest div anyway. and i happen to like silva especially but all those guys you said except for mir who i just got really sick of every time he opened his mouth, but i have to say that when bj penn kept saying "to the death" about gsp 2 fight that got really annoying and it's such a stupid thing to say cause as if it would ever be to the death, but i still like him, he's so good to watch, and i think his attitude definitely improved after his loss to gsp which is something that didn't happen when mir lost to lesner, i will never understand why people feel they have to act like he does, so what if you're really good.

Archived