Ever watched a UFC fight and thought to yourself i could beat these 2 guys?

Liam_Ridgewell

Do you guys know a guy called Koji Oishi? the first UFC fight i ever saw was UFC 53 Nick Diaz vs Kojo Oishi... this guy Koji was terrible and got beat in like 1 minute.. and he looked about 120 Ibs evwen though it said he was 155 ibs. Well i always thought people that go to my local pub could break his nose easily lol

Yeah' date=' you and every other drunk guy at the bar watching. Never thought that myself, because I don't train MMA

Now maybe in a grappling match, but thats not MMA and even grappling is a long shot because these guys do nothing but train[/quote']

But you can see very clearly with your eyes what their skills are like, correct?

Let's not kid ourselves here. Some of these guys, have just been lucky. It's not that they're the most talented people out there, but they train at the right clubs and they get the lucky breaks.

I wouldn't ever go and assume that I could contend with any of the best, but I'm pretty damn positive that I could hang with a few of the lower-level LW's if I could keep the fight standing.

If I were to fight Joe Lauzon, and he took it to the ground, it would be over before I could even SAY the word armbar.

On the feet, however, I'm pretty sure I'd have a good run with him. He got WORKED by Sam Stout, and I don't think his striking was all that impressive in that fight. I did like the way he was nailing almost EVERYTHING that Tompkins was calling for him to do, though.

But you can see very clearly with your eyes what their skills are like' date=' correct?

Let's not kid ourselves here. Some of these guys, have just been lucky. It's not that they're the most talented people out there, but they train at the right clubs and they get the lucky breaks.

I wouldn't ever go and assume that I could contend with any of the best, but I'm pretty damn positive that I could hang with a few of the lower-level LW's if I could keep the fight standing.

If I were to fight Joe Lauzon, and he took it to the ground, it would be over before I could even SAY the word armbar.

On the feet, however, I'm pretty sure I'd have a good run with him. He got WORKED by Sam Stout, and I don't think his striking was all that impressive in that fight. I did like the way he was nailing almost EVERYTHING that Tompkins was calling for him to do, though.[/quote']

Oh trust me, I have no doubt that I could hang in a grappling match with a few people, but at my weight class I have, Marquardt, Maia (LOL) Silva, Jacare(LOL again). Now if we did Absolute style there are some smaller guys and bigger guys that I might be able to hang with.

Also, whether or not it was Gi or No Gi would make a HUGE difference as well. My odds go up with Gi and down with No-Gi. Plus most MMA fighters have strong wrestling bases on top of their BJJ which makes life even more difficult. Its hard for anyone sitting on a couch watching MMA to say "I could beat him for sure" to me that nuts because you have no idea how hard these guys work to fight at this level

Oh trust me' date=' I have no doubt that I could hang in a grappling match with a few people, but at my weight class I have, Marquardt, Maia (LOL) Silva, Jacare(LOL again). Now if we did Absolute style there are some smaller guys and bigger guys that I might be able to hang with.

Also, whether or not it was Gi or No Gi would make a HUGE difference as well. My odds go up with Gi and down with No-Gi. Plus most MMA fighters has strong wrestling bases on top of their BJJ which makes life even more difficult. Its hard for anyone sitting on a coach watching MMA to say "I could beat him for sure" to me that nuts because you have no idea how hard these guys work to fight at this level[/quote']

Hahaha.. ouch man, you got some tough competition at your weight.

I don't know for certain how hard they train, as I've never trained anywhere NEAR as hard as them, but I'm not naive. These are likely the hardest working athletes in the world. I would lose a lot of fights on cardio alone.

BJ Penn, for as much as I dislike the guy sometimes, amazes me!

I watch him fight, and I just wonder WHY he's so bloody hard to hit. I'd love to spar with a guy like that, just to see what it's like.

One time I was watching a UFC and I said to my friend.. If this guy fights in the UFC, Im going for my cup fitting tomorrow! And then literally 2 seconds after saying that Rolando Delgado got right knocked out by Andre Winner.. Thats when I realized theres a difference between someone who thinks they can fight and someone who actually can.. When Rolly wakes up I hope he learns the difference as well..

Hahaha.. ouch man' date=' you got some tough competition at your weight.

I don't know for certain how hard they train, as I've never trained anywhere NEAR as hard as them, but I'm not naive. These are likely the hardest working athletes in the world. I would lose a lot of fights on cardio alone.

BJ Penn, for as much as I dislike the guy sometimes, amazes me!

I watch him fight, and I just wonder WHY he's so bloody hard to hit. I'd love to spar with a guy like that, just to see what it's like.[/quote']

Yeah, I would totally roll with any of those guys....just for the experience. Jacare and Maia are BOTH guys a really look up too and would kill for the chance to do it. No matter how fast I got pwned LOL. Nog would be my first choice as far as MMA guys go though. Him and BJ have been my favorites since I first saw them fight, but to me, Nog is the man and would come before all others

Yeah, Chris Leben. He's very tough. Has a good chin. Has a huge heart. And that's about it. He's not an athlete. He throws nothing but loopy punches that take about 10 minutes to land. He leaves himself open for a takedown every second of every round. I commend him for his victories inside the octagon, but it baffles me that only Anderson Silva is the only person that's knocked his block off. He should have no more than like 2 wins since the Ultimate Fighter 1 season has wrapped.

Yeah' date=' Chris Leben. He's very tough. Has a good chin. Has a huge heart. And that's about it. He's not an athlete. He throws nothing but loopy punches that take about 10 minutes to land. He leaves himself open for a takedown every second of every round. I commend him for his victories inside the octagon, but it baffles me that only Anderson Silva is the only person that's knocked his block off. He should have no more than like 2 wins since the Ultimate Fighter 1 season has wrapped.[/quote']

he hits hard as hell.

he takes a punch like there's no tomarrow.

if he's got you against the cage, he's gonna break your foot with those stomps.

above average cardio.

VERY under-rated on the ground. (exclude the jake rosholt fight, he just didn't seem himself there.)

showed good ground and pound against jay silva recently.

where exactally you gonna beat him at again :P?

Since this is an equal opportunity forum, the pitbull has decided to weigh in on this interesting topic. Not once have I imagined being able to beat one of these fine athletes. However, there are a few that the pitbull would like to step into the octagon with. While you all think of triangles the pitbull thinks of riding her warrior into submission. Five rounds is not enough time for true domination.

Seriously' date=' I know I'll never beat any fighter in the UFC. But sometimes, when I watch the LW fight or the WEC, I am thinking I could beat them. If only because I weight about 220. Then after that one second I come back to reality and realize they'd still beat me.[/quote']

Fantasy is so much better than reality. ;)

Since this is an equal opportunity forum' date=' the pitbull has decided to weigh in on this interesting topic. Not once have I imagined being able to beat one of these fine athletes. However, there are a few that the pitbull would like to step into the octagon with. While you all think of triangles the pitbull thinks of riding her warrior into submission. Five rounds is not enough time for true domination.[/quote']

I was going to comment... but I think this is better left alone. :P

I personally would fight anybody at 170. I would prefer to get some training if i had to fight GSP, Alvez or Rumble, them guys are so huge come fight night. Anybody else i'd fight in a heart beat. I'd really like to fight Kos & Swick, guys that are sort of tuf that i think i could beat. Theres a lot of guys at 185 i'd probably fight too (the smaller 185ers). Thats just me though.

Archived