Amir Sadollah's next fights at WW

crzpyschgy

Amir is really coming into his own. He is growing as a fighter and a person, is learning from his mistakes and changing his game plan in fight as necessary. I think in a couple of years he will be a force to be reckoned with.

But, this is about who his next fight should be. I think a rematch with Hendricks or Dustin Hazelett should be his next fight. Then if he wins step up in competition and fight someone like Martin Kampmann or Anthony Johnson.

Thoughts?

kampmann or johnson ? he needs a few more before any of them two .. dude is way to stiff .. the way he bounces around the ring is ridiculous .. and striking with them two is a bad idea for him .. couple more fights let him loosen up and see where he's at .. lets see him against hendricks again

nobody suggested a time just a rematch

his chin is very suspect and faced with a good striker he's gonna have huge problems

everyone's chin becomes suspect once they get clipped. any person to take an unsuspected punch to the chin would drop the same.

If he is to face an A level striker such as Kampmann it would bring out Amir's A game

everyone's chin becomes suspect once they get clipped. any person to take an unsuspected punch to the chin would drop the same.

If he is to face an A level striker such as Kampmann it would bring out Amir's A game

clipped ? no .. good shots yes. and he didnt get punched unexpectedly nor did i see his A game come out after being punched, i just seen him drop

amir sadollah vs marcus davis' date=' how does that sound?[/quote']

I think that would be an interesting fight, but at this point in his career I think Davis would knock him out or TKO Sadollah. Davis has crisp boxing and generally a solid take down defense, I don't think at this point in his career Sadollah could handle him. Although it would be a good fight.

stick him in with paul daley so he get knocked out by semtexs left hook then everyone can shut up about amir' date=' hes overrated big time[/quote']

How is he over rated? No one is saying he's that great. The majority opinion is that in a few years he could easily be a top contender. Right now he couldn't take Daley, but give him a year or two, and I guarantee he will be making waves.

amir and nick osipczak would be a good fight' date=' he could fight james wilks, or even a rematch with either matt brown or johnny hendricks. those are the people that i could see the UFC puting him up against.[/quote']

I agree with everyone except James Wilks and Matt Brown, I don't see him and Amir fighting. But I think a rematch with Hendricks is in the future and definitely a fight with Oscipczak would be a good fight.

How is he over rated? No one is saying he's that great. The majority opinion is that in a few years he could easily be a top contender. Right now he couldn't take Daley' date=' but give him a year or two, and I guarantee he will be making waves.[/quote']

meh put him in against any half decent fighter and he will fail, just my opinion tho man

meh put him in against any half decent fighter and he will fail' date=' just my opinion tho man[/quote']

Well I do see what you mean. I think he just needs time to grow into it. He's had what now, 4 fights? That's not a lot, especially since he jumped in against top competition. I happen to think Blackburn is a half decent fighter. To be honest he did really beat him, he just needs to be able to capitalize on things more, he is very good at following his game plan and has several of them, but sometimes you need to abandon them for better things. I think if he did that, he could easily be a top 10 in a few years.

Well I do see what you mean. I think he just needs time to grow into it. He's had what now' date=' 4 fights? That's not a lot, especially since he jumped in against top competition. I happen to think Blackburn is a half decent fighter. To be honest he did really beat him, he just needs to be able to capitalize on things more, he is very good at following his game plan and has several of them, but sometimes you need to abandon them for better things. I think if he did that, he could easily be a top 10 in a few years.[/quote']

Uhh, Johnson would be a good match, but not Kampmann. Kampmann is a very well rounded fighter, and can KO anyone. He just got caught by Daley, though it was a bad decision by the ref to stop the fight prematurely.

I do believe that Amir will eventually be a title fighter one day. His standup is much improved, but you have to remember that he went against a guy that is nowhere near Kampmann's level. Kampmann is in the upper echelon. I think that rushing into something like that would be akin to Diego rushing in to fight BJ. He had never fought someone with KO power like that, and look where it got him. If Amir just jumped into the ring with Daley, Kampmann, Alves, it would be a BIG MISTAKE. These aren't guys where you can make a mistake.

Uhh' date=' Johnson would be a good match, but not Kampmann. Kampmann is a very well rounded fighter, and can KO anyone. He just got caught by Daley, though it was a bad decision by the ref to stop the fight prematurely.

I do believe that Amir will eventually be a title fighter one day. His standup is much improved, but you have to remember that he went against a guy that is nowhere near Kampmann's level. Kampmann is in the upper echelon. I think that rushing into something like that would be akin to Diego rushing in to fight BJ. He had never fought someone with KO power like that, and look where it got him. If Amir just jumped into the ring with Daley, Kampmann, Alves, it would be a BIG MISTAKE. These aren't guys where you can make a mistake.[/quote']

I think if Amir wins his next 2 or 3 fights he would be a great match up for Kampmann.

nobody suggested a time just a rematch

his chin is very suspect and faced with a good striker he's gonna have huge problems

Are you joking? Did you see him on TUF 7? He has a brilliant chin. Also in the fight with Baroni he was getting hit with hard shots to the face and they were hardly phasing him.

Kampmann isnt a more talented fighter I mean hes really just decent at everything, I just think Amir needs like two more lower tier guys for the practice. I think that'd be a real good test for him after that. The kid has a solid chin just got caught with a good one while being aggresive against Hendricks, and he wasnt done for, that wast top 3 worst stoppages ive seen.

Archived