Does anyone know?

Fast

lol' date=' I took my lint catcher out today and cleaned, put it back together the only way you can and now the door wile not shut and stay shut. Any more ideas?[/quote']

The spring in the catch is probably broken , I don't know man how can anybpody tell whats wrong with your dryer without looking at it lol , maybe the lint catcher is in wrong and stopping the door from closing properly .

Hmm did it work before you cleaned the lint catcher...maybe you overlooked something.

It did, yes.. I have spent hours trying to figure it out, here are the steps

1. Take 2 screws out

2. Took my shark vacuum and sucked the lint out

3. Put the screws back in

I can take the screws out of the latch and it will go in the door and stay, I put it back on and it will not stay shut.

The spring in the catch is probably broken ' date=' I don't know man how can anybpody tell whats wrong with your dryer without looking at it lol , maybe the lint catcher is in wrong and stopping the door from closing properly .[/quote']

If it has a spring, I think you might be on to something.. because the screen filter on goes in one way.

It did' date=' yes.. I have spent hours trying to figure it out, here are the steps

1. Take 2 screws out

2. Took my shark vacuum and sucked the lint out

3. Put the screws back in

I can take the screws out of the latch and it will go in the door and stay, I put it back on and it will not stay shut.[/quote']

Hmm maybe you are tightening the screws too much??

I have a front in loader dryer' date=' fairly new and the door will not shut and stay latched, what is the problem? Anyone know?[/quote']

You should visit your nearest appliance parts store, it could be an easy fix. I had a problem with the dryer not in line correctly. I ignored the problem and it started chewing up my clothes...found out later, all I have to do was change out a $20 piece of wool in the dryer. Good luck

Archived