chuck vs tito 3? is it me or is this pointless?

mabie10

I know everyone is excited about chuck coming back ( including myself ) but is fighting tito ortiz for the last fight on his contract really a fight we want to see chuck go out on? personally with two very convincing and devistating finishes over tito already, would chuck beating him again be an exclamation on a stunning yet some what diminishing career? If he loses wouldnt that even further diminish chucks career and put a bland ending on his legendary , hall of fame career losing to perpetually hated and overall tool Tito Ortiz? In my opinion the fight makes no sense for chuck leaving a bittersweet taste in my mouth. I would kinda like to see him fight a somewhat of a nobody like say houston alexander where it would be a brawl but chuck still has a great chance for a highlight reel k.o.. Throw him a duck and let him go out on top,like we all want him to do.

Liddell was murdered his last few matches' date=' Ortiz lost a decision to Griffin because of a third round.

I honestly see Ortiz beating him this time around.[/quote']

liddell was beaten by guys with good striking. striking isnt tito's game. and tito hasnt looked good with his toe hugging for a LONG time. chucks in no danger when tito shoots. if he should happen to get him down i can see chuck raising back up to his feet quickly. after that happens a few times tito will be circling the ring thinking of a new excuse. chuck for the win AGAIN !! time to send tito packing to strikeforce .. they deserve him more than UFC does

I honestly think people are severely underestimating Tito. I'm not sure if Chuck's takedown defense is as good as it used to be. If it is, then yes, Tito will be destroyed(This would still be a fun sight!). But yes, I agree, I'd rather not see a third fight with these two. The first two were completely one-sided. At least with Wanderlei and Rampage they were always competitive.

chuck should be able to get tito, but i dont see him ever retiring with a W.

as soon as he beats tito he is going to want to move forward and try to eventually get back into the title hunt.

i think that even if dana were to stop him, we would see him in strikeforce or somwhere else.

chuck vs tito 3 is VERY pointless.

i would disagree,

both fighters have something very big to prove here.

Chuck-possibly his last fight against someone he hates, and coming off 2 big KO losses

Tito -a huge vendetta against the man that brought him down not once but twice and wether or not he deserves to stay back in the UFC

I don't think watching 2 fighters fight multiple times is pointless.

That being said' date=' watching Tito fight again is somewhat pointless. Even worse is hearing him make excuses for his losses...[/quote']

FACT - Tito is worse than he was and will lose more embarrassingly to Chuck.

I don't know about this fight. 3 years ago I would be texting my buddies everyday pumping them up and counting down the days til chuck/tito fight. Now, really who cares? And I don't mean that in disrespect to either fighter. I'm actually a pretty big fan of both fighters. Chuck has put a beat down on a lot of good fighters through the years and I love that. Tito, the past few years, has taken a beat down but taken it like a man. He keeps comin at his opponent and I can respect that.

But now, in 2010, does this fight really matter? If chuck loses, he's gone. He's goin to retire, you just know he is. If Tito loses, he might be gone as well. If not retired, then to strikeforce or whoever wants him. Chuck has nothing to lose in this fight. He's already been beaten by Tito in most folks minds. And I'm not really sure why people think that about Chuck. Chuck fights the exact same now as he did when he was champ. And that's actually part of the problem b/c people have figured him out. His last fight, against Shogun, he was doin pretty good guys until he got caught. Same thing with the Rashad fight. Same thing for Tito. Machida just simply out strategized Tito. And Tito, IMO, won the 1st 2 rounds against Forrest but lost miserably in the 3rd round.

I think these guys still have the skills tofight, but in Chuck's case, unless your broke, why fight? Go out on a hard fought loss to a guy who should quite possibly be the champ (Shogun). And Tito, why accept this fight? Get over it. Chucks got your number. Get back in that gym and try to ready your body for one more run at the title while you still have age on your side. Good luck to both fighters...

Chuck will probably knock him out again. They are both shot though' date=' and basically just getting a payday off of their nostalgia. Honestly, anyone within the top 10 of the LHW division will probably knock/defeat them. They were good in their hayday, but that day has long since past.[/quote']

I wouldn't say shot. Tito was able to hang in there with Forrest, and I believe that Liddell is much better than Tito.

I know everyone is excited about chuck coming back ( including myself ) but is fighting tito ortiz for the last fight on his contract really a fight we want to see chuck go out on? personally with two very convincing and devistating finishes over tito already' date=' would chuck beating him again be an exclamation on a stunning yet some what diminishing career? If he loses wouldnt that even further diminish chucks career and put a bland ending on his legendary , hall of fame career losing to [b']perpetually hated and overall tool Tito Ortiz[/b]? In my opinion the fight makes no sense for chuck leaving a bittersweet taste in my mouth. I would kinda like to see him fight a somewhat of a nobody like say houston alexander where it would be a brawl but chuck still has a great chance for a highlight reel k.o.. Throw him a duck and let him go out on top,like we all want him to do.

dude that made me laugh, so true.

I really don't give a rat's **** about this fight. I like Chuck and I like Tito when he loses' date=' but I don't think Chuck is working hard enough to comeback as the Iceman, neither his body nor his mind.[/quote']

l don't think Chuck's work ethic is really the issue. If you haven't noticed, Chuck's not a young guy. His reflexes and chin aren't exactly what they used to be.

I will agree with you on not giving a rat's **** about it though.

Archived